Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    not sure how Rolovich's basis of being deeply Catholic is grounds for a "religious exemption" in the first place. Even the pope masks up, doesn't he?
    No major religion opposes vaccines, and neither do most of the minor ones.

Comment

• Dabo Swinney says no interest in LSU job. I suspect a major reason for that is he would have difficulty spelling LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
        Dabo Swinney says no interest in LSU job. I suspect a major reason for that is he would have difficulty spelling LSU.
        I doubt even that wouldn't be a hindrance....Why would anyone take a job where 17 games after winning a national title you get canned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          I doubt even that wouldn't be a hindrance....Why would anyone take a job where 17 games after winning a national title you get canned.
          Are you familiar with the case? It had nothing to do with football. He was off the reservation in his personal life, and colleges still have to take that stuff seriously.

Comment

Why would anyone take a job where 17 games after winning a national title you get canned.
            Millions of reasons:

College Football Head Coach Salaries
            https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sal...football/coach

Rank Coach School Total Pay Conf. Scheduled School Pay Contract Year Pandemic Reduction Actual School Pay Total Pandemic Reduction School Buyout as of 12/1/2021
            2 Ed Orgeron Louisiana State $9,012,917* SEC $8,687,500 $300,000* $8,387,500 $300,000* $17,150,000

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Are you familiar with the case? It had nothing to do with football. He was off the reservation in his personal life, and colleges still have to take that stuff seriously.
              Are you joking? If he was undefeated no one would care...LSU is 4-3. Take this stuff seriously..that's a laugh in SEC..it was a convenient excuse to dump him....

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Millions of reasons:

College Football Head Coach Salaries
                https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sal...football/coach
                Rank Coach School Total Pay Conf. Scheduled School Pay Contract Year Pandemic Reduction Actual School Pay Total Pandemic Reduction School Buyout as of 12/1/2021
                2 Ed Orgeron Louisiana State $9,012,917* SEC $8,687,500 $300,000* $8,387,500 $300,000* $17,150,000
                He is also 4-3.....the only thing that really counts.

The administration of LSU released the damaging info....they just wanted to dump a loser. .
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-21-2021, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  His personal life was no doubt part of it but he also showed that he couldn't manage his staff as evidenced by the fact that he fired several high-profile assistant coaches with big guaranteed contracts leaving LSU stuck with the bill. Nick Saban has a notoriously high turnover rate in coaches too, but his assistants leave for head coaching jobs, not because they got run off by Saban. The bottom line is that if Orgeron had his house in order, both in the locker room and in his personal life, there's no way a 5-5 pandemic season followed by a 4-3 start to this season would have been enough to fire him less than 2 years after the greatest season in school history. Keep in mind that LSU fans have a sentimental attachment to Orgeron that they never had for Paul Dietzel, Nick Saban and Les Miles because he was one of our own, so he would have been cut more slack than an outsider would have. However, with Orgeron seemingly headed down the same path as Bobby Petrino, the powers-that-be decided to cut bait before it came to that. Jump to the 9:15 mark of this podcast to hear what our local talking heads think about it:

https://1045espn.com/jimmy-otts-game...-one-10-18-21/

Comment

Are you joking? If he was undefeated no one would care...LSU is 4-3. Take this stuff seriously..that's a laugh in SEC..it was a convenient excuse to dump him....
                    In pro sports and big-time college football and basketball, the amount of baggage teams and schools are willing to tolerate with coaches and players is directly proportional to the productivity on the playing field. The SEC is no different than the PAC 12 (eg. USC football) or any other conference in that respect. Does anyone think it's a coincidence that Indiana only started noticing Bobby Knight's boorish, Neanderthal behavior when he started losing?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

In pro sports and big-time college football and basketball, the amount of baggage teams and schools are willing to tolerate with coaches and players is directly proportional to the productivity on the playing field. The SEC is no different than the PAC 12 (eg. USC football) or any other conference in that respect. Does anyone think it's a coincidence that Indiana only started noticing Bobby Knight's boorish, Neanderthal behavior when he started losing?
                      Yes the SEC is not alone....Bobby Knight is a great example of no matter how awful a person they are as long as they win who cares. Paterno is another one.

Comment

Yes the SEC is not alone....Bobby Knight is a great example of no matter how awful a person they are as long as they win who cares. Paterno is another one.
                        How do you mention Paterno in the same breath with Knight? What did he do? Perhaps you meant to compare Sandusky to Knight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

How do you mention Paterno in the same breath with Knight? What did he do? Perhaps you meant to compare Sandusky to Knight.
                          Paterno let it all happen...he didn't give a toss....that student came to Paterno and told him what he saw Sadusky did and Paterno did nothing....I rate Paterno far worse than Knight....he let a suspected pedophile run rampant because he didn't care. Knight was a nutcase Paterno was evil.

Penn State coach Joe Paterno was told by a teen boy in 1976 that former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky had molested him in the shower but responded that he didn’t want to hear about it and had “a football season to worry about,” according to court documents unsealed Tuesday.

The man identified as John Doe 150 said in 2014 that other boys in a shower heard him yell that Sandusky had just touched him sexually. The man said he told several adults about it, then sought out Paterno.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?” a lawyer for Penn State’s insurance carrier asked the man. “Specifically, yes,” the man replied.

“I was shocked, disappointed, offended, I was insulted,” John Doe 150 testified. “I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

He said Paterno then “just walked away.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/1...omplaint-1976/
                          Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-21-2021, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Paterno let it all happen...he didn't give a toss....that student came to Paterno and told him what he saw Sadusky did and Paterno did nothing....I rate Paterno far worse than Knight....he let a suspected pedophile run rampant because he didn't care.
                            That analogy doesn't hold. Paterno, who kept Sandusky around because he was a defensive whiz, is analogous to the president and athletic director at Indiana who kept Knight around because he won. It goes without saying that Sandusky's behavior was exponentially more abhorrent than Knight's, but Paterno (along with the Penn State president and athletic director who could have also gotten rid of Sandusky) was the enabler, not the bad actor.

Comment

• Being an enabler with a pedophile is just as bad if not worse in my book...but you think what you want. Paterno was an evil man.

Comment

Being an enabler with a pedophile is just as bad if not worse in my book...but you think what you want. Paterno was an evil man.
                                You're free to feel the way you want to about Paterno but that doesn't change the fact that you made a bad analogy by conflating enablers with perpetrators.

Comment

Working...
                                X