Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before today Kenneth Walker was appointment TV for me. Now he's comfortably in the Heisman race. Wow.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Gary Danielson as Anthony Richardson lets go of the ball..."Uh Oh". DB in endzone.

Comment

• College Football really builds character in students....

A vehicle has been flipped. Students currently celebrating atop and kicking in the windshield.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrewGoret...45930963890181

Comment

• I've never understood the phenomenon of towns and cities declaring war on themselves after winning a big game or championship.

Comment

• It is insane...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              College Football really builds character in students....

A vehicle has been flipped. Students currently celebrating atop and kicking in the windshield.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrewGoret...45930963890181
              I hope that one chap enjoys his community college experience once his mom and dad finish paying the fines and court fees.

Comment

• AP voters put Oregon at No. 7. Ohio State is No. 6. They have the same record. Oregon has played a tougher schedule to date by far. Oregon beat Ohio State at Ohio State without its best player, other starters. Why even play these games if thats gonna happen?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattPrehm...73700210147330

Comment

AP voters put Oregon at No. 7. Ohio State is No. 6. They have the same record. Oregon has played a tougher schedule to date by far. Oregon beat Ohio State at Ohio State without its best player, other starters. Why even play these games if thats gonna happen?

I get what you're saying and even as a Buckeye fan agree with you. However, it will play out. If the Buckeyes run through their 3-week Penn St, Mich St and Michigan gauntlet alive, they deserve it. If not? Oregon will settle into the appropriate slot, assuming they survive their schedule.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Playing these non conference games like this are completely pointless for Oregon... could you imagine OSU beating Oregon in Autzen and the Buckeyes losing a close Big 10 game and a 1 loss Oregon being ranked above them?

Play crap non-conference teams ....win the Pac 12. The bias towards teams like OSU shows the need for 8 team playoffs.
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-31-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Playing these non conference games like this are completely pointless for Oregon... could you imagine OSU beating Oregon in Autzen and the Buckeyes losing a close Big 10 game and a 1 loss Oregon being ranked above them?

Play crap non-conference teams ....win the Pac 12. The bias towards teams like OSU shows the need for 8 team playoffs.
                      If either Oregon or both of THE OSU lose again they are probably out of the playoff anyway so, as one poster would probably put it....who cares at that point.

Comment

• Looking like there is a chance Alabama is not in the playoffs...should they lose to GA in the SEC title game no way a 2 loss 'Bama is one of the top 4 teams...which will be good for the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

If either Oregon or both of THE OSU lose again they are probably out of the playoff anyway so, as one poster would probably put it....who cares at that point.
                          Oregon barely beat UCLA...they shouldn't be anyplace near the top 10.

Comment

AP voters put Oregon at No. 7. Ohio State is No. 6. They have the same record. Oregon has played a tougher schedule to date by far. Oregon beat Ohio State at Ohio State without its best player, other starters. Why even play these games if thats gonna happen?

I agree but I would focus my attention on the Coaches Poll over the AP Poll, since it's more reflective of the thinking of the Committee. Also, remember the Sun Belt Conference went through the same thing last year after they swept the Big 12 during the regular season and the Committee acted as if those games never happened at the end of the year.

Comment

Playing these non conference games like this are completely pointless for Oregon... could you imagine OSU beating Oregon in Autzen and the Buckeyes losing a close Big 10 game and a 1 loss Oregon being ranked above them?

Where do you think Oregon would be ranked if they hadn't wet the bed against Stanford? That game happened too. If they had played a crappy non-conference schedule and lost to Stanford they wouldn't even be in the top 10.
                              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-02-2021, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• College football has always been a sport where every game matters, and teams must be as ready early as they are late in the season. If Ohio State had the wrong guy calling defensive for the first two games, that’s their problem, not Oregon’s or the committee’s.

If a fourth spot in the playoff ultimately comes down to a choice between 12–1 Oregon and 12–1 Ohio State, it will be one more compelling reason for an expanded playoff.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/0...rue-contenders

Comment

Working...
                                X