This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Purdue should make the slingshot their symbol since their win over Michigan State was the 17th time that they've beat a top 5 team while unranked, more than any other school in the history of the AP poll.

Also, Mike Leach is far and away the most eccentric coach in college football.

https://youtu.be/xZWorJgUwp4
    Saw that. That's cool, but kind of like coolest guy at Lilith Fair or...best tasting sugar-free cookie. It's cool, but it's a sign of general mediocrity.

That said! As a Buckeye fan we see this a lot. Purdue often gives us fits.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
      That said! As a Buckeye fan we see this a lot. Purdue often gives us fits.
      Yeah, I remember when they knocked Ohio State out of the playoffs in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        Yeah, I remember when they knocked Ohio State out of the playoffs in 2018.
        Yeah, knocked us out with extreme prejudice! I'll never forget the 2002 Title run when it took a 4th and 1 TD with seconds left to get by Purdue.

It's weird, I hate Michigan as is my birthright, but I actually enjoy most of the rest of the Big 10, minus game days.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Cincinnati played no worse than Alabama and Oregon.
          How do you know that over in New Zealand? How do you see college football games from the USA?

Comment

• a winner in the creative headline writing department: I have seen multiiple references to the "Spoilermakers"

Comment

• Last week the Coaches ranked Cincinnati #2 and Alabama #3. Both played like crap yesterday but evidently the Coaches think the Bearcats were crappier than the Tide because this week they're flip-flopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

How do you know that over in New Zealand? How do you see college football games from the USA?
                Hey Bambam; NZ isn't completely off the techo-sphere. It is possible to watch some NCAA football, as well as NFL. However, I did not see those 3 games. My comments were based on the multiple media reports.

Therefore, perhaps I should have prefaced my comment with "It appears, based on media reports, that.........."

I would also hazard a guess, that neither media, nor those voting in the various polls, watch all games either, yet they wrote their stories and make their predictions.

And on another matter, also on a subject close to your heart. Great to see Lydia Ko crush the opposition in the Saudi Ladies Open for her victory in the first women's international women's sporting contest ever held in the Kingdom.
                Last edited by Tuariki; 11-07-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• I heard this morning that the Wake Forest-North Carolina game was actually a non-conference game. The ACC didn't have them scheduled to play each other this year but they wanted to play so they scheduled the game anyway. I wonder if this morning the Deacons wish the would have scheduled North Carolina Central instead.

Comment

And on another matter, also on a subject close to your heart. Great to see Lydia Ko crush the opposition in the Saudi Ladies Open for her victory in the first women's international women's sporting contest ever held in the Kingdom.
                    I noticed that there were almost zero spectators. And the few spectators that were there appeared to be nearly all westerners. And definitely no Saudi women spectators. And a pretty good payday for Lydia.

Comment

I noticed that there were almost zero spectators. And the few spectators that were there appeared to be nearly all westerners. And definitely no Saudi women spectators. And a pretty good payday for Lydia.
                      Good payday in blood money

Comment

• I know Oregon is the favorite son of many here but I still maintain they should be no place near the top 10. This is fools gold: they will likely get beat up really badly in playoffs. Look at their season: aside from a very impressive road win v. OSU, they have been unimpressive or very unimpressive against such power houses as Stonybrook, Fresno, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Colorado, Washington and Arizona; most of whom are barely at or are under .500. Their entire season rides on their performance AT Utah in a couple of weeks.
                        Last edited by SoCal45; 11-07-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• For those who missed it, play of the year from the Purdue game. Go back and watch it a few times. Watch the entire Purdue offensive line sort of sneak/bumble over to their left, hoping the Spartans won't really notice, and then...readysetgo! Then go back and watch each Spartan defender....ok, play's going over there. No..wait...over that way. No, there. Wait....

Just watched it again. Watch WR Milton Wright, number 0 for Purdue. Takes the reverse handoff, blocks a defender rushing the QB, then sprints down the field to make a key block late in the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKUsOTaysCk
                          Last edited by DrJay; 11-08-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                            I know Oregon is the favorite son of many here .....
                            i suspect there's a vast gulf between those who like Hayward Field track meets and those who are died-in-the-wool Oregon football fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                              For those who missed it, play of the year from the Purdue game. Go back and watch it a few times. Watch the entire Purdue offensive line sort of sneak/bumble over to their left, hoping the Spartans won't really notice, and then...readysetgo! Then go back and watch each Spartan defender....ok, play's going over there. No..wait...over that way. No, there. Wait....

Just watched it again. Watch WR Milton Wright, number 0 for Purdue. Takes the reverse handoff, blocks a defender rushing the QB, then sprints down the field to make a key block late in the play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKUsOTaysCk
                              Pete Carril comes to NCAA Football.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

i suspect there's a vast gulf between those who like Hayward Field track meets and those who are died-in-the-wool Oregon football fans.
                                The Eugene track fans are Duck football fans....doubtfully for out of towners who didn't go to Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                                X