This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right. I hadn't recalibrated Cinci getting effed by the rankers. In my head I still had them solidly in the 4. Rematch then!!

Conor Dary wanna make it interesting if it comes to that?
    If the right dominoes fall and Cincinnati catches lightning in a bottle, a la Villanova over Georgetown, it's possible that the national championship game will also be the de facto Ohio state championship game.

Comment

• Utah favored by 3 and AND they could meet again in the Pac12 title game, not that that would matter if the Ducks lose Saturday.

Comment

• It is looking like OkST and OU are headed for a double-header playoff for Big 12 champs

Comment

• A lot of fun scenerios playing out!
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Cincy wins out and they depend on one of Alabama, Oregon and Ohio State to lose to get into the final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              Cincy wins out and they depend on one of Alabama, Oregon and Ohio State to lose to get into the final 4.
              I confess would love to see them in the mix, just curious if they can hang with the big dawgs. Losing by 10ish would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

I confess would love to see them in the mix, just curious if they can hang with the big dawgs. Losing by 10ish would work.
                Unfortunately I don't think they're quote there yet. They have too much trouble putting away inferior competition. It they were the real deal, like Utah, TCU and Boise State were a decade ago, those games would end in 2nd-round knockouts, not go the distance. In 2010, Kellen Moore sat on the bench for the second half of most of their conference games.

Comment

• The top 50 programs that have produced the most NFL draft picks in the 21st century

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery...6J3Owljr8u4MwU

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Unfortunately I don't think they're quote there yet. They have too much trouble putting away inferior competition. It they were the real deal, like Utah, TCU and Boise State were a decade ago, those games would end in 2nd-round knockouts, not go the distance. In 2010, Kellen Moore sat on the bench for the second half of most of their conference games.
                    Think you are right and they have nothing left to change that. Little surprised they are getting the props they are for the reasons you mentioned.

If Cincy does get in (doubt it) and they are competitive that will help these non power five teams in the future. Ah....as we know not all these power five schools are all that.

Comment

• We talk so much about the college football playoff. Aren't Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan in virtual playoffs over the next few weeks? Georgia/Alabama? Oregon? Why expand it. It's really there already.

Expand it to 12 and some of these games become much lesser in value and may be repeated in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        We talk so much about the college football playoff. Aren't Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan in virtual playoffs over the next few weeks? Georgia/Alabama? Oregon? Why expand it. It's really there already.

Expand it to 12 and some of these games become much lesser in value and may be repeated in the playoffs.
                        This is what I've been saying all along. In college football the regular season is a playoff. The way I see it, there are 6 teams that control their own destiny - Georgia, Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State. There are also another 5 teams that could get in with some help - Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest and Oklahoma. The Oho State - Michigan State game is an elimination game so there will be at most 10 teams in the hunt after Saturday. However, according to Vegas there will be only 9 teams left after Saturday since they have 3-loss, #24 Utah favored by 3 points over #3 Oregon, Somebody knows something.

On a side note I heard that the reason Michigan State gave Mel Tucker a king's ransom is because their boosters still haven't gotten over the fact that they let Nick Saban leave over money.
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-19-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

This is what I've been saying all along. In college football the regular is a playoff. The way I see it, there are 6 teams that control their own destiny - Georgia, Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State. There are also another 5 teams that could get in with some help - Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest and Oklahoma. The Oho State - Michigan State game is an elimination game so there will be at most 10 teams in the hunt after Saturday. However, according to Vegas there will be only 9 teams left after Saturday since they have 3-loss, #24 Utah favored by 3 points over #3 Oregon, Somebody knows something.

On a side note I heard that the reason Michigan State gave Mel Tucker a king's ransom is because their boosters still haven't gotten over the fact that they let Nick Saban leave over money.
                          Hear! Hear!
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• The interesting, though extremely unlikely, scenario would be if both UM and MSU beat OSU and MSU goes on to win the Big 10. So you have Michigan sitting there, who would only have a close road loss at MSU where officials after said a TD should not have been taken away. Would they get in over undefeated CINN? I think they would get in. Again, 0.1% chance both beat OSU, but it would be interesting.

Comment

The top 50 programs that have produced the most NFL draft picks in the 21st century

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery...6J3Owljr8u4MwU
                              After taking some time to dissect the list, besides the usual suspects at the top (Ohio State, Alabama and LSU), here's what I found. Power 5 teams make up 48 of the 50 teams on the list which means that 16 of them didn't make it. Those teams are:
                              • Tennessee
                                Kentucky
                                Vanderbilt
                                Iowa State
                                Kansas
                                Texas Tech
                                Arizona
                                Washington State
                                Northwestern
                                Minnesota
                                Indiana
                                Rutgers
                                Georgia Tech
                                Duke
                                Wake Forest
                                Syracuse

That brings us to the other 2 spots on the list, one of which is occupied by Notre Dame, of course. And which school is in the other spot? Again, the usual suspect Boise State, which is surprising when you consider the fact that up until 1998 they were an FCS team which hardly had any NFL picks before 2006 when they taking their lumps as a rent-a-route program.
                              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-19-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 502CD View Post
                                The interesting, though extremely unlikely, scenario would be if both UM and MSU beat OSU and MSU goes on to win the Big 10. So you have Michigan sitting there, who would only have a close road loss at MSU where officials after said a TD should not have been taken away. Would they get in over undefeated CINN? I think they would get in. Again, 0.1% chance both beat OSU, but it would be interesting.
                                A one loss Big10 team is probably getting in over Cincinnati because of the teams needed to beat to get there. Having said that...suppose both Michigan and Michigan St. beat Ohio State. Does that lower Oregon in the eyes of the voters?

Comment

Working...
                                X