Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon wins out they are in....Oregon loses they are out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

A one loss Big10 team is probably getting in over Cincinnati because of the teams needed to beat to get there. Having said that...suppose both Michigan and Michigan St. beat Ohio State. Does that lower Oregon in the eyes of the voters?
      The worst case scenario for Oregon if they win out is #4. There's no way they would drop below a Michigan team that didn't play a 13th game.

EDIT: As a college football fan I would like to see Oregon and Ohio State get in just to show that there is an upside to scheduling blockbuster non-conference games in September. If Oregon hadn't played that game their loss to Stanford would have knocked them out of the picture and Ohio State wasn't punished too bad for losing that game. Of course that works if both teams are good. If one of the teams stinks, all bets are off.
      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-19-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Despite their loss to the Sparties, I have to believe that Mich will not defecate the bed the way MiSt is doing right now.

Comment

• Buckeyes are making a statement.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Hmmn. Only the 2nd quarter so I think Michigan State just might not be in the CFPO hunt anymore.

Cincinnati dreaming - Utah wins.

Who cares? I am happy that WSU are now bowl bound and hopefully next week they get to win a few apples against UW.

Comment

• Texas A&M 45-0 over Prarie View at half, this has to stop, it's ridiculous.

Miss State 42 Tennesee State 0 at half, sheesh!

How bad will Kentucky beat New Mexico State?
              Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-20-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Please take all discussion of the Ohio State-Michigan State game to the “when it rains it pours thread”.

Comment

• I'd like some salt with that please....

Yes quite a game....

Comment

• Actually turned off the beat down of MSU, hell, Prairie View could have beat that MSU team.

Wake Forest vs Clemson now, next SMU vs Cincy, then Utah vs Oregon.

Don;t mess this up Utah.
                    Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-20-2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• On a weekend where Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati and Michigan all styled Alabama should get dropped a few spots in the next poll.

Comment

• UCLA QB ran for a touchdown today, then paused to sign an autograph...
                        The Bruins got penalized as a result but the commentators noted that under current rules he probably could have legally demanded $$$ in exchange for signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                          UCLA QB ran for a touchdown today, then paused to sign an autograph...
                          The Bruins got penalized as a result but the commentators noted that under current rules he probably could have legally demanded $$$ in exchange for signing.
                          Bruins were feeling pretty good: UCLA 62 USC 33

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            On a weekend where Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati and Michigan all styled Alabama should get dropped a few spots in the next poll.
                            In Ohio State's case yes. Not sure about the others. Georgia was playing Charleston Southern. Arkansas was ranked coming into the game so I don't see Bama dropping with the exception of Ohio State who is looking more and more like a contender to win it all.

....and...again...it really doesn't matter if I'm right or your right because I don't think "Bama beats Georgia which makes where they are ranked somewhat meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

In Ohio State's case yes. Not sure about the others. Georgia was playing Charleston Southern. Arkansas was ranked coming into the game so I don't see Bama dropping with the exception of Ohio State who is looking more and more like a contender to win it all.

....and...again...it really doesn't matter if I'm right or your right because I don't think "Bama beats Georgia which makes where they are ranked somewhat meaningless.
                              Georgia, Ohio State, Cincinnati and Michigan covered easily and then some and the games weren't as close as the scores. Alabama didn't come close to covering and they should be treated just like any other team that plays down to the competition but as we all know Alabama is the apple of the Committee's eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Don;t mess this up Utah.
                                They don't hear you. ☹

Comment

Working...
                                X