This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Note that it wasn't a fluke win, they controlled that game from start to finish and that's why the Committee put so much credence in it.
    Exactly....they were really dominant....after 2 poor wins. Very strange...oh well..

They can still win the Pac 12.

Comment

• Oregon Ducks face moment of truth after devastating blowout loss to Utah

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/jo...s-to-utah.html

Comment

• This is the best scenario even before last night.

Because the Ducks are 9-2 and could still pick themselves up, win the North Division, grab the Pac-12 title and make a New Year’s Day bowl game. That work for you, Duck fan? It should. Because this season has been littered with injuries, setbacks and limitations. If we’re being real there were clues all over the place that suggested the whole playoff thing was teetering.

Exhibit A: The overtime loss to Stanford.

Exhibits B and C: Unimpressive one-score wins against Cal and UCLA.

Exhibit D: The fact that the Ducks entered the game with only three passing plays this season of 40-plus yards.

Comment

• Mullen's out at Florida.

Comment

• This is a great time to be a young up-and-coming college football coach. With this many plum jobs open, ULL can say goodbye to Billy Napier.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              Mullen's out at Florida.
              Might as well bring in The Icon - Tim Tebow!!
              He can't do worse and he's still the most beloved person in program history.

Comment

• Don't sell Tebow short....he could do a lot worse. He'd make Scott Frost look like Saban.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-21-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Seems to me that Georgia and Cincinnati are locks for the CFP, if Cincinnati win out. Georgia will get in even if they lose to Alabama.
                  The winner of the Big Ten, assuming it is OSU or UM, will get in.
                  The interesting decision then will be what happens to Notre Dame if they, Cincinnati and Georgia win out. Do the Fighting Irish get in?

Comment

• I'm coming around to Jazzy's "no more teams" playoff opinion. We are already in playoff mode and the last few weeks have been exciting and the next couple will be more so.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      Seems to me that Georgia and Cincinnati are locks for the CFP, if Cincinnati win out. Georgia will get in even if they lose to Alabama.
                      The winner of the Big Ten, assuming it is OSU or UM, will get in.
                      The interesting decision then will be what happens to Notre Dame if they, Cincinnati and Georgia win out. Do the Fighting Irish get in?
                      In that last scenario we may have to see if Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma and either Baylor or Oklahoma in the Big 12 conference game. Same may be said for Oklahoma if they win the last two although that's a longer shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                        I'm coming around to Jazzy's "no more teams" playoff opinion. We are already in playoff mode and the last few weeks have been exciting and the next couple will be more so.
                        That ain't going happen...12 is almost a certainty....

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

In that last scenario we may have to see if Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma and either Baylor or Oklahoma in the Big 12 conference game. Same may be said for Oklahoma if they win the last two although that's a longer shot.
                          Since the Committee has already shown that it had less respect for the Sooners than it had for the Bearcats when they were both undefeated it's hard for me to imagine the Committee ranking a one-loss Oklahoma over and undefeated Cincinnati.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Since the Committee has already shown that it had less respect for the Sooners than it had for the Bearcats when they were both undefeated it's hard for me to imagine the Committee ranking a one-loss Oklahoma over and undefeated Cincinnati.
                            My reference is more to Notre Dame's chances which was Tuariki's comment. Georgia, Ohio St and Cincinnati would be in. Who's the 4th as Michigan and Alabama would have lost.

I agree it's a longer shot but Oklahoma at that point would have beaten two further ranked teams. Anyone know who Oklahoma would play if they beat Oklahoma State? Is it right back to Oklahoma State or is it Baylor?

I think what we may be debating is which team earns the opportunity to get waxed by Georgia and Ohio State.
                            Last edited by NotDutra5; 11-22-2021, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

That ain't going happen...12 is almost a certainty....
                              I know. (: And it'll probably be okay once we all get used to it. Just when Jazzy convinced me!! Oh, well.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• The reason a 12-team playoff is more likely than an 8-team playoff is because all 10 FBS Commissioner and the representative of Independents (Notre Dame A.D.) have veto power over any changes and the SEC and the Independents objected to automatic bids in an 8-team playoff, since they justifiably see automatic bids as a way to squeeze them out. On the other hand, the other 9 conferences objected to taking the top 8 in the rankings since they don't have confidence that they will always have a team ranked in the top 8. Hence we'll get a 12-team playoff in which Power 5 conferences that are having a down year can be assured of participation trophies for their unranked conference champion, the SEC can routinely 3-5 teams in the playoffs, Notre Dame will get in the playoffs almost every year and everybody is happy.

However, make no mistake, a 12-team playoff is going to make for some really crappy matchups in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X