Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you really tell how good teams are just with conference play? Oregon has looked rather ordinary in the Pac 12 but...surprise, surprise they beat Ohio State in Columbus....

12 will be fine...and the Power 5 winners should be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      How can you really tell how good teams are just with conference play? Oregon has looked rather ordinary in the Pac 12 but...surprise, surprise they beat Ohio State in Columbus....
      The fact that there were no non-conference data points in 2020 is why last year doesn't count in my book, and COVID-19 protocols which had some teams playing as few as 6 games only exacerbated the problem.

Originally posted by Conor Dary
      You may be okay with rewarding a 4-loss unranked conference champion with a playoff bid but I'm not.

Comment

• This thinking is very common with many sports writers and why including Power 5 champs is necessary...Oregon beats Ohio State in Columbus doesn't really count because a priori Oregon isn't very good and Ohio State is awesome. Why even play...winning in Columbus and dominating the game was just hype...

4 loss team wouldn't bother me. They might actually win it all. It is just a game in the end.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-22-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• 2021 we have to have...

Georgia vs Ohio State

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
            2021 we have to have...

Georgia vs Ohio State
            An irresistible force (Ohio State's offense) meets an immovable object (Georgia's defense).

Comment

This thinking is very common with many sports writers and why including Power 5 champs is necessary...Oregon beats Ohio State in Columbus doesn't really count because a priori Oregon isn't very good and Ohio State is awesome. Why even play...winning in Columbus and dominating the game was just hype...
              Wait a minute! Even after getting embarrassed by Utah for their second loss of the season you think Oregon should still be in the playoffs because of what they did in Columbus? Should the win in Columbus be a get-out-of-jail-free free card for multiple subsequent losses? 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                Wait a minute! Even after getting embarrassed by Utah for their second loss of the season you think Oregon should still be in the playoffs because of what they did in Columbus? Should the win in Columbus be a get-out-of-jail-free free card for multiple subsequent losses? 🤔
                I claim no such thing.. You obviously don't get my point. So I'll leave it at that.

Anyways it is going to 12..like it or not.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-22-2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

An irresistible force (Ohio State's offense) meets an immovable object (Georgia's defense).
                  Read my mind, yes yes and yes. Hope nothing screws that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                    2021 we have to have...

Georgia vs Ohio State
                    My Gen X cynicism has me terrified of that...or is it just good sense? Georgia looks frightening.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

My Gen X cynicism has me terrified of that...or is it just good sense? Georgia looks frightening.
                      So ya see Georgia favored by 10ish.

Comment

How can you really tell how good teams are just with conference play? Oregon has looked rather ordinary in the Pac 12 but...surprise, surprise they beat Ohio State in Columbus....

They looked ordinary because they are ordinary.
                        Hopefully the Cougs will beat UW, and the Beavers will drown the Ducks, just to prove the point.

Oh yes, and WSU goes the Pac12 playoff to beat Utah.

In my dreams by Speedwagon
                        https://youtu.be/KHXOQFJCtvc

Comment

You may be okay with rewarding a 4-loss unranked conference champion with a playoff bid but I'm not.
                          Correction for you. WSU has 5 losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

They looked ordinary because they are ordinary.
                            Hopefully the Cougs will beat UW, and the Beavers will drown the Ducks, just to prove the point.

Oh yes, and WSU goes the Pac12 playoff to beat Utah.

In my dreams by Speedwagon
                            https://youtu.be/KHXOQFJCtvc
                            They still beat Ohio State....in Columbus.

Comment

Poor Jazz.
                              Obviously you failed Duckologic 101

Comment

They still beat Ohio State....in Columbus.
                                This is true Conor.
                                And they also beat the soon to be Pac12 champ Cougs,
                                😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X