Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

    Poor Jazz.
    Obviously you failed Duckologic 101
    No one I know in Eugene cares....I'd much rather have Oregon go to the Rose Bowl than any of the dumb playoff games.

    The old system with just the Bowls was fine. The beginning of the end was the National Game nonsense.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

      They still beat Ohio State....in Columbus.
      Without their 2 best players in a game that kicked off at 9:00 AM PDT. 💚💛 😎

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

        No one I know in Eugene cares....I'd much rather have Oregon go to the Rose Bowl than any of the dumb playoff games.

        The old system with just the Bowls was fine. The beginning of the end was the National Game nonsense.
        Let me remind you that the last time Oregon went to the playoffs they played in the Rose Bowl too, so they had the best of both worlds.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          They still beat Ohio State....in Columbus.
          Completely erased by losing to lowly Stanford.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

            Let me remind you that the last time Oregon went to the playoffs they played in the Rose Bowl too, so they had the best of both worlds.
            I remember it well....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

              I remember it well....
              I do sorely miss the Pac10 Big 10 Rose Bowls.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                I do sorely miss the Pac10 Big 10 Rose Bowls.
                I do too, best thing in sports. Dad went to 17 straight Rose Bowls starting in 1947. I went in 1963.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                  I do too, best thing in sports. Dad went to 17 straight Rose Bowls starting in 1947. I went in 1963.
                  Mary Hopkins supports you Conor.

                  https://youtu.be/y3KEhWTnWvE

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                    I do too, best thing in sports. Dad went to 17 straight Rose Bowls starting in 1947. I went in 1963.
                    Very, very cool. Very, very jealous!
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                    Comment


                    • The transfer portal is making college head coaching jobs a lot less attractive than they used to be. Not only do you have to recruit players to replace the ones who are out of eligibility or who gone to the NFL, but you also have to recruit the ones who might transfer. In the future I think coaches will be willing to take less money to coach in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                        I do sorely miss the Pac10 Big 10 Rose Bowls.
                        Two out of the last three Rose Bowl games have been between teams from the Big Ten and Pac-12.

                        2019: Ohio State Buckeyes (Big Ten champ) 28, Washington Huskies (Pac-12 champ) 23
                        2020: Oregon Ducks (Pac-12 champ) 28, Wisconsin Badgers (Big Ten runner-up) 27

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

                          Two out of the last three Rose Bowl games have been between teams from the Big Ten and Pac-12.

                          2019: Ohio State Buckeyes (Big Ten champ) 28, Washington Huskies (Pac-12 champ) 23
                          2020: Oregon Ducks (Pac-12 champ) 28, Wisconsin Badgers (Big Ten runner-up) 27
                          Let me rephrase: I sorely miss when the Rose Bowl was always the Pac 10 -v- Big 10 and the #1 ranking was often at stake.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                          Comment


                          • This sounds like a man who knows his team isn't that good.

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6maTQqmJO7Q

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              This sounds like a man who knows his team isn't that good.
                              I took away the opposite. He knows he's good, but he also knows that many of his 'underdog' opponents have talent and HUGE motivation to beat him.
                              I loved this line: "It could be said that it's not fair that my team always gets the other team's best game, but we do."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                                I took away the opposite. He knows he's good, but he also knows that many of his 'underdog' opponents have talent and HUGE motivation to beat him.
                                I loved this line: "It could be said that it's not fair that my team always gets the other team's best game, but we do."
                                I've never seen Saban pat his team on the back after crappy performances like he's done this year. This year they lost to an unranked team for the first time in 14 years and they've repeatedly struggled with teams they would have had no problems with in previous years. Normally he rips his teams when they underperform, even after blowouts, not to mention when they squeak by unranked teams. They had 6 rushing yards against a depleted LSU defense. It all points to the him knowing his team isn't that good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X