This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    It all points to the his knowing his team isn't that good.
    Auburn is no gimme. We'll see how he does.
    I also think that Georgia's win in the SEC Ch is not a foregone conclusion. The Bama players will NOT like being the underdogs.
    [reminder - I do not like Bama!]

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

They looked ordinary because they are ordinary.
      Hopefully the Cougs will beat UW, and the Beavers will drown the Ducks, just to prove the point.

Oh yes, and WSU goes the Pac12 playoff to beat Utah.

In my dreams by Speedwagon
      https://youtu.be/KHXOQFJCtvc
      Step1 is now complete. WSU crushes UW 40-13.
      Tomorrow step 2, go Beavers. Roast duck for dinner.

Comment

• Anyone watch North Carolina rollover and play dead the final two minutes against NC State yesterday evening?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
          Anyone watch North Carolina rollover and play dead the final two minutes against NC State yesterday evening?
          Yep, that was sad. In 35 seconds (1:44 to 1:09) they gave up 13 points and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Were the North Carolina players on the take?
          jazzcyclist
          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-27-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Watching the Oho State-Michigan game is a perfect illustration of why the transitive property of equality doesn't apply to sports. Muhammad Ali was 2-1 in 3 dog fights with Joe Frazier that lasted a total of 41 rounds while George Foreman only needed a total 7 rounds to knock Frazier out twice in 2 fights. Because of this most folks thought Ali would get massacred in the Rumble in the Jungle but instead it was Foreman who got knocked out because he didn't match up as well against Ali as he did with Frazier.

Michigan State beat Michigan 4 weeks ago but got massacred by Ohio State last week in the football equivalent of a 2nd round knockout. Yet today, the Buckeyes have their hands full with the Wolverines because they don't match up as well against them as they did against Michigan State. Matchups matter when predicting sports outcomes.

For the folks trying to understand how Oregon beat Ohio State this year, could it be that the Ducks were just a bad matchup for the Buckeyes?

Comment

• I'm not happy right now.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                I'm not happy right now.
                Your Buckeyes had success on their last drive when they showed patience rather than go for the big plays.

Comment

• Only in college football do you get scenes like the ones taking place in Ann Arbor right now. Not the NBA. Not the NHL. Not MLB. And certainly not the NFL, a.k.a. the No Fun League.
                  jazzcyclist
                  Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-27-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Full disclosure - I watched the whole game live today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Harbaugh has paid his dues and totally deserved this today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Full disclosure - I watched the whole game live today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Harbaugh has paid his dues and totally deserved this today!
                      So...the fanatic in me would love to see the Buckeyes win for eternity against the TUN but I understand it would cease being arguably the greatest rivalry in sports if that happened. This is good for ncaa football, if not for Buckeye fans today.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Step1 is now complete. WSU crushes UW 40-13.
                        Tomorrow step 2, go Beavers. Roast duck for dinner.
                        Hmmmn. At 14-0 before Q1 has finished, it looks like the Bucks are intending to have a Beaver BBQ today.

Georgia and Cincinnati would appear to be locked in for CFP. But who will be the other 2?

Definitely Michigan if they win the Big 10 championship. But what if they lose. Will that open the door for Notre Dame?

And if Alabama loses then does that let in Oklahoma or Oklahoma State?

Comment

Watching the Oho State-Michigan game is a perfect illustration of why the transitive property of equality doesn't apply to sports. Muhammad Ali was 2-1 in 3 dog fights with Joe Frazier that lasted a total of 41 rounds while George Foreman only needed a total 7 rounds to knock Frazier out twice in 2 fights. Because of this most folks thought Ali would get massacred in the Rumble in the Jungle but instead it was Foreman who got knocked out because he didn't match up as well against Ali as he did with Frazier.

Michigan State beat Michigan 4 weeks ago but got massacred by Ohio State last week in the football equivalent of a 2nd round knockout. Yet today, the Buckeyes have their hands full with the Wolverines because they don't match up as well against them as they did against Michigan State. Matchups matter when predicting sports outcomes.

For the folks trying to understand how Oregon beat Ohio State this year, could it be that the Ducks were just a bad matchup for the Buckeyes?
                          Anecdotally I think where the game is played is a big factor in college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Full disclosure - I watched the whole game live today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Harbaugh has paid his dues and totally deserved this today!
                            I don't know about everyone else on this board but I never believed you when you said you haven't watched a live sporting event since DVR's were invented, so your admission wasn't necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Anecdotally I think where the game is played is a big factor in college football.
                              That definitely increases the false start penalties for the visiting team.

Comment

I don't know about everyone else on this board but I never believed you when you said you haven't watched a live sporting event since DVR's were invented, so your admission wasn't necessary.
                                I seriously can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a sports broadcast end-to-end. (no comments on my advanced decrepitude!)

Comment

Working...
                                X