Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon's Rob Mullen is the latest athletic director to pay blackmail money to his school's football coach, after just making a ransom payment a year ago.

There is increasing chatter that Cristobal would be the main target at Miami if the Hurricanes fire Manny Diaz. Cristobal, a Miami native, played and coached at Miami. As a player, he won two national championships with the Hurricanes under Hall of Famer Jimmy Johnson. Sources told ESPN that this latest extension was "aggressive" and would be in the range of some of the other deals struck during this hiring cycle.

In his fourth season at Oregon, Cristobal has already received extensions two of the past three seasons.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ources-confirm

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

The problem is the presidents probably can't do that - its restraint of trade issues or some such legal thing. But they can't set a salary cap as far as I know, but again I am far from a lawyer.
      The NFL has rules forbidding teams from tampering with coaches still under contract so why can't college football make similar rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The NFL has rules forbidding teams from tampering with coaches still under contract so why can't college football make similar rules?
        It's insane....

Comment

Oregon's Rob Mullen is the latest athletic director to pay blackmail money to his school's football coach, after just making a ransom payment a year ago.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ources-confirm
          The way Oregon is playing I can't imagine why...they look completely clueless.

Comment

• South Eugene HS is in for the Ducks tonight...

Comment

That they can do, but I don't think they can do salary caps legally. But good luck enforcing the tampering rule with 300 or so colleges in D1

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

That they can do, but I don't think they can do salary caps legally. But good luck enforcing the tampering rule with 300 or so colleges in D1
                It wouldn't be hard to enforce if coaches were prohibited from going from one school to another while still under contract like they are in the NFL. The biggest problem in college is that coaches sign contracts that they have no intention of honoring. It would also depend on what the penalty is. In the NFL, they take away draft picks. If you took away scholarships and banned schools from post-season play, that would get athletic directors' attention real quick.

Comment

• Has a team ever imploded like Oregon has....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    Has a team ever imploded like Oregon has....
                    It's embarrassing.

Comment

• It's far worse than that....they are awful.

Comment

• I'll be interested to see how Utah deals with Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. Who will be the favorite?

Comment

• Among the many things I do not understand is the economics of collegiate football. How is any coach worth 10 million/year even if it guaranteed a national championship? Does a championship generate that much incremental revenue over a 13-1 season?

Comment

I'll be interested to see how Utah deals with Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. Who will be the favorite?
                            Who knows...is Utah that good or is Oregon that bad...

The OSU game looks wierder more than ever....
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-04-2021, 04:22 AM.

Comment

The white smoke is rising from the golden dome and it will become official today. As you've said, this is a really big job for a 35-year-old with no head coaching experience. and I wish him luck.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...friday-morning
                              If things work out he could be the last ND coach of (most) our lives.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• I can't believe it, Alabama an underdog, how long has it been 1923?

Michigan laying 11 coming off a big emotional game seems like a little too much.

Is Notre Dame going to get in this thing?
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 12-04-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X