Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's a super long shot, but it would be hilarious if ND got in and somehow pulled off a miracle.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
      I know it's a super long shot, but it would be hilarious if ND got in and somehow pulled off a miracle.
      It may be a super long shot, and it may be hilarious, but if fair is fair, and there is God - that's what should happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
        It may be a super long shot, and it may be hilarious, but if fair is fair, and there is God - that's what should happen.
        Hell, if Notre Dame makes the CFP and makes the championship game, I'll even watch it. (Disclaimer here: despite my dislike for the sport, I did watch the first CFP championship game, out of historical interest - can't actually remember who won, but I would guess either Alabama or Clemson)

Comment

Hell, if Notre Dame makes the CFP and makes the championship game, I'll even watch it. (Disclaimer here: despite my dislike for the sport, I did watch the first CFP championship game, out of historical interest - can't actually remember who won, but I would guess either Alabama or Clemson)
          I should also note that a very close friend of mine has become Bill Hancock, who is the executive director of the College Football Playoff (and before the BCS). Bill always works for the USOPC at the Olympics - he is in charge of tickets for the media, so he's a rock star to them. I also work for the USOPC (since 2010) at the Olympics now, and Bill and I always sit next to each other in the USOPC media room at the Main Press Centre and have gotten to be good friends. Also, at each Olympics now, including Tokyo, we take one day of the Olympics and walk from our hotel to the Main Press Centre - it can be varying distances - Tokyo was about 5 miles, Rio de Janeiro was about 9-10 miles. Bill also knows I am not a fan of football but we get along great.

Comment

Actually, Ohio State defeated Oregon. Not only did Clemson not make the playoffs but they didn't even make it to their conference championship game, and Alabama got blown out in the semifinals.

Comment

• The reaction towards Billy Napier's move to Florida is the opposite of Brian Kelly's move to LSU. Fans at ULL are giving him a send-off party with a sold-out crowd, as they host the Sun Belt Conference Championship today. This is the third year in a row that SEC schools have tried to hire him away from Lafayette and he finally said yes as his best senior class ever gets to play their final two games. Also, quite a few LSU fans are pissed that they LSU let him get away and would have preferred Napier over Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                The reaction towards Billy Napier's move to Florida is the opposite of Brian Kelly's move to LSU. Fans at ULL are giving him a send-off party with a sold-out crowd, as they host the Sun Belt Conference Championship today. This is the third year in a row that SEC schools have tried to hire him away from Lafayette and he finally said yes as his best senior class ever gets to play their final two games. Also, quite a few LSU fans are pissed that they LSU let him get away and would have preferred Napier over Kelly.
                I don't think the reaction difference is particularly surprising. Nobody leaves ND...to a ND fan. Coaches move from LaLa to better positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                  I can't believe it, Alabama an underdog
                  If Georgia can beat a fired-up underdog Tide, they deserve to be Nat Champ!
                  This game, assuming it's not also the NatCh game (possible!), is the Game of the Year.

Comment

• Greg Doyel's column in today's Indy Star states what all have known for a long time: Kelly may have been a very good coach, but also was an egotistical, crabby bully. But ND overlooked this as long as he was winning.

Sounds just like Bobby Knight and IU !

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                      Greg Doyel's column in today's Indy Star states what all have known for a long time: Kelly may have been a very good coach, but also was an egotistical, crabby bully. But ND overlooked this as long as he was winning.

This looks to be the link: https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ly/8851417002/
                      Last edited by bad hammy; 12-04-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                        Greg Doyel's column in today's Indy Star states what all have known for a long time: Kelly may have been a very good coach, but also was an egotistical, crabby bully. But ND overlooked this as long as he was winning.

The incident with the student getting killed demonstrated that. Kelly had no concerns about the student before or after. The problem was it interrupted practice. A total narcissist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Who knows...is Utah that good or is Oregon that bad...

The OSU game looks wierder more than ever....
                          As Michigan confirmed, OSU wasn't that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            Good enough to spank (56-7!) an excellent 10-2 MichSt team that had already beaten Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Indeed....Maybe the Pac 12 is a real powerhouse. And the Big 10 sucks.

Comment

• Reports are Christobal is a big target by the new Miami AD....wouldn't be surprised he is soon gone. I got the feeling Cristobal's head wasn't in the game much last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X