This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The incident with the student getting killed demonstrated that. Kelly had no concerns about the student before or after. The problem was it interrupted practice. A total narcissist.
    I remember that incident but I don't recall Kelly doing anything egregious. Did someone express concerns about the wind conditions before the fatality or was there just a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacking after the fact?

Comment

Reports are Christobal is a big target by the new Miami AD....wouldn't be surprised he is soon gone. I got the feeling Cristobal's head wasn't in the game much last night.
      The problem is money - Oregon has a lot more of it than Miami. Would Cristobal be willing to give his alma Mater a hometown deal to go home?

By the way, I heard his mother is gravely ill and he flew to Miami this week to see her, so I'm sure that's in the back of his mind.
      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-04-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Money is rarely the problem...

Miami donors are believed to have the resources to compete with Oregon booster/Nike founder Phil Knight. Among the UM donors with interest in the athletic department are brothers Jose and Jorge Mas, owners of Mas Tec, a $6.6 billion infrastructure contractor. The Mas brothers are co-owners of David Beckham’s Inter Miami MLS Team.

Another donor believed to have interest is billionaire John H. Ruiz, an attorney and entrepreneur whose Medicare litigation firm MSP Recovery last summer was valued at $32 billion. All support the pursuit of Cristobal, sources said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...256321692.html

Comment

• Now would be a good time to remember the chaos that took place on Championship Saturday in 2007. 1-loss Ohio State went into weekend ranked #4 and needing help to get into the top 2 while 2-loss, #7 LSU went into the weekend resigned to the idea that they had been eliminated from the national championship picture the previous Saturday in their overtime loss to Arkansas. Then total chaos happened and Ohio State and LSU ended the weekend ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

Comment

Money is rarely the problem...

Miami donors are believed to have the resources to compete with Oregon booster/Nike founder Phil Knight. Among the UM donors with interest in the athletic department are brothers Jose and Jorge Mas, owners of Mas Tec, a $6.6 billion infrastructure contractor. The Mas brothers are co-owners of David Beckham’s Inter Miami MLS Team.

Another donor believed to have interest is billionaire John H. Ruiz, an attorney and entrepreneur whose Medicare litigation firm MSP Recovery last summer was valued at $32 billion. All support the pursuit of Cristobal, sources said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...256321692.html
            Their donors may have the ability to compete in college football's arms race but they haven't shown a willingness to compete in the arms race as evidenced by their facilities. Phil Knight has no qualms about competing with the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              Now would be a good time to remember the chaos that took place on Championship Saturday in 2007. 1-loss Ohio State went into weekend ranked #4 and needing help to get into the top 2 while 2-loss, #7 LSU went into the weekend resigned to the idea that they had been eliminated from the national championship picture the previous Saturday in their overtime loss to Arkansas. Then total chaos happened and Ohio State and LSU ended the weekend ranked #1 and #2 respectively.
              Marcus Freeman may get to make his HC debut in the playoffs if OSU doesn't wake up and Bama loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                Among the many things I do not understand is the economics of collegiate football. How is any coach worth 10 million/year even if it guaranteed a national championship? Does a championship generate that much incremental revenue over a 13-1 season?
                It's not an economics thing. If you look at guys like Brian Kelly or Nick Saban, the vast majority of their compensation comes from private donors, not their respective universities. It's a pet project for guys who have more money than sense to hire an expensive coach and see their favorite teams succeed.

Comment

Now would be a good time to remember the chaos that took place on Championship Saturday in 2007. 1-loss Ohio State went into weekend ranked #4 and needing help to get into the top 2 while 2-loss, #7 LSU went into the weekend resigned to the idea that they had been eliminated from the national championship picture the previous Saturday in their overtime loss to Arkansas. Then total chaos happened and Ohio State and LSU ended the weekend ranked #1 and #2 respectively.
                  True that, but into the 3Q of OSU v Baylor, Notre Dame is starting to look good for CFP number 4.
                  Just need Georgia to do the business.

And fingers crossed that Cincinnati takes down Houston.

Comment

Uch..bad memory.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Pat Forde....

That's some impressive spin. Presbyterian went 2-9, lost its last nine, gave up more than 50 in each of its last six games and -- here's the kicker -- plays in a league where no one gives scholarships.

Comment

• I don't understand Baylor using their timeouts when Oklahoma State needs a touchdown.

Comment

• OSU sure blew that...

Comment

OSU sure blew that...
                            Baylor tried to gift it to them but the Cowboys wouldn't oblige.

Comment

I don't understand Baylor using their timeouts when Oklahoma State needs a touchdown.
                              I guess the logic is that time wasn't an issue for OSU and that, if OSU scored, they wanted as much time on the clock for themselves. They were 1/2 yard away from needing the time.

Comment

Pat Forde....

That's some impressive spin. Presbyterian went 2-9, lost its last nine, gave up more than 50 in each of its last six games and -- here's the kicker -- plays in a league where no one gives scholarships.

I'm extremely familiar with the PFL and Kelley was a laughing stock in the league. The only games they won were vs. teams which play at a level I wasn't sure existed.

Comment

Working...
                                X