Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

    Yep, OKST reverted to early season form. Jackson came up 3 inches short. I think if he had turned for the goal line instead of the pylon he would have made it. But he didn't.
    I was surprised that when he was 5 yards from the sideline Jackson just didn't plant that left foot and drive off at 90 degrees, and going low, to the goal line.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

      I doubt GA and Bama are seeded 2 and 3 so they play each other in the semi. Likely Bama 1st, GA 2nd, Michigan with a win at 3 and Cincinnati 4. A Michigan loss puts ND in I guess making two likely Semi blowouts.
      Alabama
      Michigan
      Georgia
      Cincinnati

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DrJay View Post
        Can I say anything about Georgia imploding, or do I have to wait until it’s over?
        No, I'll concede on this one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

          Alabama
          Michigan
          Georgia
          Cincinnati
          That's my prediction as well, unless of course Michigan implodes then Alabama and Cincinnati will move up one spot each.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

            I doubt GA and Bama are seeded 2 and 3 so they play each other in the semi. Likely Bama 1st, GA 2nd, Michigan with a win at 3 and Cincinnati 4. A Michigan loss puts ND in I guess making two likely Semi blowouts.
            Let remind you that many folks thought Georgia would blow out Alabama and that's why they play the games.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              As noted by the commentators, if Michigan wins, the committee will ensure that Ga-Ala don't meet in a semi, so it would be

              1 Mich
              2. Ala
              3. Cincy
              4. Ga

              And B Young just won the Heisman.
              I agree about Young. Why would Michigan jump to 1 after beating #13 over Bama who just beat #1? I mean, that may happen but it doesn't make any sense to me. I think with these 4, the only question is whether GA and Michigan are 2 and 3 or 3 and 2 which amounts to nothing for the playoff.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                Let remind you that many folks thought Georgia would blow out Alabama and that's why they play the games.
                I hope you are correct but I'm not hopeful.

                Comment


                • Remember also that Cincinnati played Georgia to the wire last year.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                    I agree about Young. Why would Michigan jump to 1 after beating #13 over Bama who just beat #1? I mean, that may happen but it doesn't make any sense to me. I think with these 4, the only question is whether GA and Michigan are 2 and 3 or 3 and 2 which amounts to nothing for the playoff.
                    Exactly....

                    Comment


                    • And that was that....

                      Comment


                      • Pat Forde....

                        1. Alabama
                        2. Michigan
                        3. Georgia
                        4. Cincinnati

                        Not seeing much in the way of Selection Sunday drama or argument. Sorry, Notre Dame.

                        Comment


                        • Folks in Lafayette are sure gong to miss Billy Napier.

                          https://twitter.com/i/status/1467309861058887688

                          https://twitter.com/i/status/1467297952985235468
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-05-2021, 03:49 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                            I was surprised that when he was 5 yards from the sideline Jackson just didn't plant that left foot and drive off at 90 degrees, and going low, to the goal line.
                            Yeah, me too, instead of running 15 yards cross-field to the pylon. Happens all the time on most/all teams. I have this philosophy that runners too often go to the sidelines when, unless they need to get out of bounds to stop the clock, they would gain more heading downfield. The argument that no defender can attack them from that side makes no sense to me. The sideline is an intractable opponent and the runner risks stepping out of bounds tiptoeing down the sideline. But then they are not paying me $$$$$$$ for advice.
                            Last edited by lonewolf; 12-05-2021, 03:59 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

                              But then they are not paying me $$$$$$$ for advice.
                              And nor should you when you have to rely on Bambam to tell you how old Kelly is. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                              Last edited by Tuariki; 12-05-2021, 05:20 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Alabama and Baylor made the Committee's job easy today. Because of their wins, there's no debate over who the top 4 teams are. If Baylor had lost the Committee would be debating Cincinnati and Oklahoma State and they would get criticized regardless of who they picked. If Alabama had lost they would be debating Notre Dame and Baylor.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X