• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it is....

Cotton: 1. Alabama vs 4 Cincinnati
    Orange: 2 Michigan vs 3 Georgia

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Wake Forest football coach Dave Clawson says NCAA should review rules on fake slides following TD by Pitt QB Kenny Pickett

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-kenny-pickett

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        And nor should you when you have to rely on Bambam to tell you how old Kelly is. 😂😂😂
        Well, to me she will always be five years old, tumbling into the living room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Meanwhile...

Wake Forest football coach Dave Clawson says NCAA should review rules on fake slides following TD by Pitt QB Kenny Pickett

That should be illegal, similar to a balk in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            Meanwhile...

Fair or foul it was a slick move.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

That should be illegal, similar to a balk in baseball.
              It should be....no excuse for it. The QB slides to avoid getting hurt ....a real dick move on the QB's part. Showing zero respect to his opponents..

I couldn't imagine anyone pulling it in the NFL.
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-05-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Fair or foul it was a slick move.
                It was a chickenshit, unsportsmanlike move.

Comment

I've actually wondered why this move hasn't been tried sooner.

Rule must be changed then. He exploited a loophole. Close the loophole.

Did you dislike Marino's fake spike?

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I've actually wondered why this move hasn't been tried sooner.

Rule must be changed then. He exploited a loophole. Close the loophole.

Did you dislike Marino's fake spike?

I don't have a problem with the fake spike because that's no different than a pump fake and has nothing to do with player safety. If in the name of player safety, players are expected to pull up when a quarterback goes into his slide, he should be ruled down when he goes into his slide.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the fake spike because that's no different than a pump fake and has nothing to do with player safety. If in the name of player safety, players are expected to pull up when a quarterback goes into his slide, he should be ruled down when he goes into his slide.
                      Gotcha. Well, I bet that loophole does get closed pronto.

Comment

I just watched and I saw a kid who thought about sliding and then thought he could get more yards. He certainly did not look like he was committed to a slide, it was barely a hip wiggle.

Comment

• Hopefully the next time he actually does slide he gets pounded...

Even the announcers said he faked a slide..obvious what his intention was....a classless move.

Comment

• Even if they try and 'close the loophole', which I can't see, because he should always have the option of changing his mind, what he did won't draw a flag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Even if they try and 'close the loophole', which I can't see, because he should always have the option of changing his mind, what he did won't draw a flag.
                              I disagree. It should be just like the balk in baseball in that you shouldn't be allowed to change your mind if player safety is really the primary concern. If a defensive player commits to make a tackle he can't redirect the inertia of his body instantaneously, the ball carrier is going to get hit.
                              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-05-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I disagree. It should be just like the balk in baseball in that you shouldn't be allowed to change your mind if player safety is really the primary concern. If a defensive player commits to make a tackle he can't redirect the inertia of his body instantaneously, the ball carrier is going to get hit.
                                Exactly...

And changing your mind about what? He makes a move to slide with defenders coming at him and they let up like they are suppose to and he sees that and keeps going? Completely classless.

Comment

Working...
                                X