This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    I don't have too much problem with Young as Heisman.
    I REALLY wanted Aidan Hutchinson to win it. Feel-good story of the year. Plays with joy and broke his daddy's sack record.

Comment

• One thing I didn't foresee with the transfer portal is that so many starting quarterbacks (eg. LSU, USC, Auburn, Texas A&M, etc.) would be using it, I wrongly.presumed that the only players who would enter the transfer portal were those who couldn't get on the field (eg. Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        One thing I didn't foresee with the transfer portal is that so many starting quarterbacks (eg. LSU, USC, Auburn, Texas A&M, etc.) would be using it, I wrongly.presumed that the only players who would enter the transfer portal were those who couldn't get on the field (eg. Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, etc.).
        I wonder if A&M is really upset to lose Calzada...

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

I wonder if A&M is really upset to lose Calzada...
          I don't know but NFL players must be envious of college players' freedom of movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
            One thing I didn't foresee with the transfer portal is that so many starting quarterbacks (eg. LSU, USC, Auburn, Texas A&M, etc.) would be using it, I wrongly.presumed that the only players who would enter the transfer portal were those who couldn't get on the field (eg. Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, etc.).
            I'm curious as to where these guys think they are going to end up although there are new coaches at some of these places.

Comment

• This era of college football and basketball will make for some interesting relationships such as agents working on a player's NIL deal at the same time he's negotiating a pay raise for his coach.

Comment

• I have a solution for the QB shuffle. put all their names in a hat.. every coach who lost a QB draws a name... if you draw your own guy, try to swap with someone. or just keep him.

Comment

• According to several reports I read, the transfer rate for non-athlete college students is somewhere between 20% & 40%.

Seems like we shouldn't expect it to be any different for athletes, because teenagers are notorious for making great decisions, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                    because teenagers are notorious for making great decisions, right?
                    As I look back at all my big decisions in the ages 18 to 25 window, mine were all spot-on . . . except for one . . . I shoulda taken the right on Sepulvda. I lost a good 10 minutes going straight. Oh well, live and learn!

Comment

• Lane Kiffin laments the wild, wild west era of college football.
                      https://twitter.com/i/status/1470850212289822724

Comment

• Dan Lanning, the outgoing Georgia DC and incoming Oregon head coach, is going to be doing some serious transcontinental multitasking over the next few weeks.

Comment

• There were some concerns regarding Deion Sanders ability to recruit to Jackson State. #1 or #2 in nation depending on who you read.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/1...-travis-hunter

Comment

• Agree with 1 or 2 ?

Bowl-bound players who refuse to play because they don't want to get injured before the pro draft, are 1) being smart, or 2) committing treason against their college team

Comment

• LOL! I'm thinking as with too many things in life these days....that something a bit in the middle as a choice might be a better option.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                                Agree with 1 or 2 ?

Bowl-bound players who refuse to play because they don't want to get injured before the pro draft, are 1) being smart, or 2) committing treason against their college team
                                C McCaffrey skipped his last bowl game and his coach, teammates and fans supported him. Had it been a Final 4 game, he might have changed his mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X