Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

    If you are the coach, you pay attention.
    If you are a Vegas gambler, you pay attention.

    Otherwise you lost, and therefore, end of story.
    Not much in the depth department are ya? The hell with how a game was won only things that matters is you won......right?

    So your QB, three starting offensive linemen, top RB and six starting defensive players have all opted out of the bowl game. So this doesn't matter, right?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

      Not much in the depth department are ya? The hell with how a game was won only things that matters is you won......right?

      So your QB, three starting offensive linemen, top RB and six starting defensive players have all opted out of the bowl game. So this doesn't matter, right?
      As Vince Lombardi said "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing".

      Opted out. Injured. Got covid.
      At the end of the day, irrelevant.

      What is relevant is that the history books will forever record that ND got done by the better team, Cincinnati.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

        As Vince Lombardi said "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing".

        Opted out. Injured. Got covid.
        At the end of the day, irrelevant.

        What is relevant is that the history books will forever record that ND got done by the better team, Cincinnati.
        So the better team always wins, right? Stuff like missing 12 starters is irrelevant, all that matters is ya lost.....right? The hell with the fact you were missing your kicker, all your starting DB's, simply a non factor. right? So ya couldn't practice all week because of Hurricaine Ida.....no excuses, right?

        My man, hahahaha!!!!

        QB walks over......hey Coach think I broke my wrist, Hell just send in that second stringer who has never thrown a pass, all irrelevent.
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-03-2022, 07:00 AM.

        Comment


        • Going to be funny next season when Cincy once again wins them all and is the only or one of three undefeated teams in the nation. Do they get another shot at it? I say yes they do, let them get destroyed one more time that should break the committee of putting non five power schools in the playoffs.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
            Going to be funny next season when Cincy once again wins them all and is the only or one of three undefeated teams in the nation. Do they get another shot at it? I say yes they do, let them get destroyed one more time that should break the committee of putting non five power schools in the playoffs.
            Of course they should also ban Big 10 schools given the thrashing of Michigan.

            And the Pac 12 given that
            they lost all 5 bowl games.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              That's alotta coulda-shouldas, but I get your point.
              I think the best take-away from this is noting that every single play has the ability to be the game changer. Every snap should be played like it is the one that will make the difference.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

                More to this stuff than just wins and losses.
                No there's not when it comes to winning championships. Georgetown was a far superior to Villanova in 1985 but what matters is that Villanova won when it counted. Notre Dame lost a de facto quarterfinal game to Cincinnati and that's the only thing that matters as far as the Committee is concerned. Trophies aren't awarded based on style points and talent, they're awarded based on W's and L's.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                  Going to be funny next season when Cincy once again wins them all and is the only or one of three undefeated teams in the nation. Do they get another shot at it? I say yes they do, let them get destroyed one more time that should break the committee of putting non five power schools in the playoffs.
                  If the season plays out like it did this year and they're the only undefeated FBS team, yes they get in. However, if it plays out like 2018 when there were two undefeated Power 5 teams, an undefeated Notre Dame, and some one-loss Power 5 teams, no they don't get in, unless they're more dominant in the regular season than they were this year. However, they will start out the season ranked because that's what happens when a team builds up equity with back-to-back undefeated regular seasons.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                    If the season plays out like it did this year and they're the only undefeated FBS team, yes they get in. However, if it plays out like 2018 when there were two undefeated Power 5 teams, an undefeated Notre Dame, and some one-loss Power 5 teams, no they don't get in, unless they're more dominant in the regular season than they were this year. However, they will start out the season ranked because that's what happens when a team builds up equity with back-to-back undefeated regular seasons.
                    Cincinnati plays Arkansas next year to start the season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      No there's not when it comes to winning championships. Georgetown was a far superior to Villanova in 1985 but what matters is that Villanova won when it counted. Notre Dame lost a de facto quarterfinal game to Cincinnati and that's the only thing that matters as far as the Committee is concerned. Trophies aren't awarded based on style points and talent, they're awarded based on W's and L's.
                      I always look at how we got the results we did, go deeper than....a win is a win a loss is a loss. I knew Cincy was getting crushed simply because they recruit inferior athletes than the big guys, who goes to Cincy if Bama/Georgia wants them. I hate to see the game get down to a Cincy being involved in this and we all saw the why. Bummer ND had all the offensive line problems they had back in early October, if things had been like they would be later on there is no Cincy in this.

                      I would think you being a fan of football would also take the same approach knowing this stuff does go far beyond just a win or a loss. Losing players to the virus, opting out, just not wanting to be there is a big dea ya don't.....forget all that means nothing, when in reality it means everything.

                      Ok said all I can about this, time to move on.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                        I would think you being a fan of football would also take the same approach knowing this stuff does go far beyond just a win or a loss. Losing players to the virus, opting out, just not wanting to be there is a big dea ya don't.....forget all that means nothing, when in reality it means everything.

                        Ok said all I can about this, time to move on.
                        2 Questions:

                        1. It seems that even if Cincinnati had won, you would have dismissed the result as a fluke. So in your opinion should they even bother playing the games or should trophies and playoff bids be handed out based on points spreads and recruiting rankings?

                        2. I ask you for the third time, please explain to me what happened to Ohio State and Notre Dame last year when they were in the playoffs.
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-03-2022, 05:26 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                          I knew Cincy was getting crushed
                          That is not a rational thing to say. A rational thinker would never dream of saying that. I must remind you that you were dead wrong in the past on things you absolutely knew (guaranteed!) were going to happen, and then they didn't.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            2 Questions:

                            1. It seems that even if Cincinnati had won, you would have dismissed the result as a fluke. So in your opinion should they even bother playing the games or should trophies and playoff bids be handed out based on points spreads and recruiting rankings?

                            2. I ask you for the third time, please explain to me what happened to Ohio State and Notre Dame last year when they were in the playoffs.
                            Wrong, if Cincy would have beaten Alabama I would have needed to totally reevaluate my way of thinking based on decades of experience, For me to be that wrong about a game just doesn't happen. Would have freaked me out but Cincy gets major props and no fluke at all.

                            I really can't remember the situations last season with Ohio State and Notre Dame and too lazy to be Googling it.

                            The HOW, the WHY is huge in football, do disregard that for.....hell a win is a win.....nay!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              That is not a rational thing to say. A rational thinker would never dream of saying that. I must remind you that you were dead wrong in the past on things you absolutely knew (guaranteed!) were going to happen, and then they didn't.
                              Totally rational, what wasn't rational was having Cincy in this at all. I made it very clear that Bama would rout Cincy before the gane, I knew this but the committee didn't?

                              Dead wrong about what, show me, love to see this. Pretty good at picking football games.
                              Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-04-2022, 12:25 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Seriously? You don't remember the 2007 18-0 Patriots losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl, a game you GUARANTEED the Patriots would win. They did not.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X