This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Totally rational, what wasn't rational was having Cincy in this at all. I made it very clear that Bama would rout Cincy before the gane, I knew this but the committee didn't?

Dead wrong about what, show me, love to see this. Pretty good at picking football games.
    How much money did you make in 2021 putting your skills to work wagering? If you don't wager why not if you are so good at it?
    BTW, I cleared $5325 this past weekend. But I don't need to come here and irritate the hell out of everyone.

Comment

Wrong, if Cincy would have beaten Alabama I would have needed to totally reevaluate my way of thinking based on decades of experience, For me to be that wrong about a game just doesn't happen. Would have freaked me out but Cincy gets major props and no fluke at all.
      I seriously doubt that. You would have been right here pooh-poohing their win as fluke because Alabama was without their top receiver John Metchie just like you did for their convincing win of Notre Dame. I know your playbook too well, You're the king of excuses.

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
      I really can't remember the situations last season with Ohio State and Notre Dame and too lazy to be Googling it.
      Ha ha ha! Being too lazy to use google has nothing to do with it. You already know the results of those games and you're too stubborn to admit it.

Comment

• enough personal pissing matces, please (worst examples purged)

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          enough personal pissing matces, please (worst examples purged)
          Totally agree gh, time to move on to the Championship game.

Comment

• Georgia vs Alabama

Georgia 2.5 favorite which is a bit of a surprise, or is it? Revenge is a powerful motivator.

Comment

• One thing this season has revealed to me is that Nick Saban is more nimble than his colleagues and disciples. Before the SEC Championship game, folks were wondering how Alabama was going to run the ball against Georgia's defense which is loaded with 1st round NFL draft picks across their front 7. His answer: ignore their front 7 and throw the ball against Georgia's less talented secondary. Before the Cotton Bowl, folks wondered how Alabama was going to throw the ball against Cincinnati's secondary which has two 1st round NFL draft picks at cornerback, including this year's winner of the Jim Thorpe Award. His answer: ignore their shutdown cornerbacks and run the ball against mediocre defensive front and 3-3-5 scheme. Against Georgia, Alabama had 44 pass attempts (421 yards) and 26 rush attempts (115 yards), but against Cincinnati, they had 28 passes (181 yards) and 47 (301 yards) rushes. Kirby Smart on the other hand seems more resistant to adapt as evidenced by his unwillingness make a quarterback change in the SEC Championship game. Saban showed that he was less rigid when he made a quarterback change at halftime of the 2017 national championship game. I think Georgia is the more talented team but it will be Kirby Smart's ability to adapt that will determine the outcome of the game IMO.

Comment

• LSU will only have 45 scholarship players dressing out when they play Kansas State in the Texas Bowl tonight.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...b50d2a57e.html

Comment

• If you want authentic old blues music it will come out of Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, The Carolina's, if ya want old jazz, New Orleans, NASCAR out of that good old boys south. While football didn't start out there it has evolved into the south ruling college football, Like them blues and jazz big time college football is now an SEC thing, the best players come from southern high schools, hell...Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, Derrick Henry, etc stc, Size with speed found in abundance in the south. Not so much other places. The SEC has big guys who can run and a bunch of them on both Alabama and Georgia.

Not sure what we can do to even things out so a USC or Ohio State can be competitive vs the powers in the SEC,. Don't see things changing any time soon.

My first reaction was Georgia and that revenge factor, but.......how do you go again Alabama in a big game?

Could this Alabama team beat the current NFL Jaguars? Of course not but do think they could hang within 14ish points, Not a total rout. This Bama team having around 40ish future NFLers on it right now. Najee Harris a good example of how it works, as a frosh he waited his turn knowing some day it would be his. How many Jags could have started at Alabama?

Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-04-2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Oklahoma's Caleb Williams is the latest starting quarterback to enter the transfer portal.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32987462

https://sports.yahoo.com/caleb-willi...030744005.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Oklahoma's Caleb Williams is the latest starting quarterback to enter the transfer portal.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32987462

https://sports.yahoo.com/caleb-willi...030744005.html
                      ....and his potential replacement:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...oners-instead/

Comment

My first reaction was Georgia and that revenge factor, but.......how do you go again Alabama in a big game?

Could this Alabama team beat the current NFL Jaguars? Of course not but do think they could hang within 14ish points, Not a total rout. This Bama team having around 40ish future NFLers on it right now. Najee Harris a good example of how it works, as a frosh he waited his turn knowing some day it would be his. How many Jags could have started at Alabama?
                        You have to be kidding. Did you see Alabama play Florida, Texas A&M, LSU, Arkansas and Auburn? None of those were very good. This Alabama team isn't even in the top 5 of Saban's most talented teams, and the most talented team would have gotten stomped by the any NFL team. Also, Alabama does not have 40 NFL players on it which would exceed the record of 38 set by the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.

Comment

You have to be kidding. Did you see Alabama play Florida, Texas A&M, LSU, Arkansas and Auburn? None of those were very good. This Alabama team isn't even in the top 5 of Saban's most talented teams, and the most talented team would have gotten stomped by the any NFL team. Also, Alabama does not have 40 NFL players on it which would exceed the record of 38 set by the 2001 Miami Hurricanes.
                          Every year some silly creature says nonsense about Alabama or Clemson or Florida or Miami could hang with or beat a bad NFL team. You then know instantly you're dealing with an unserious actor.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Not talking any NFL team, talking these Jags who are really really bad. Yes no NCAA team is beating an NFL team but with this Bama team vs that Jags team, a Jags 34=20ish win seems realistic. I will say with as many rookies as we see who walk right in and take over it is not OH MY GOD THE NFL at all. Hell Gale Sayers was better vs the NFL than he was the Big8. Look at Cowboys rookie backer Micah Parsons, he is dominating.

42 Bama players have been drafted since 2018, there are frosh there right now who will be drafted. When we look over at Alabama we will be seeing around 40ish future NFLers over there. They just keep coming. Like I said Najee Harris was there as a frosh he waited his turn which is how it's done at Bama.
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                              Every year some silly creature says nonsense about Alabama or Clemson or Florida or Miami could hang with or beat a bad NFL team. You then know instantly you're dealing with an unserious actor.
                              Totally agree. As hapless as the Jags look, they are grown men who were among the very best college players. It would not be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Yep, no serious person would say such a thing. A great college team may have 35 NFL players on it in various stages of physical maturity ranging in ages from 17 to 22. An NFL team has 53 players on it who are all FULL-GROWN MEN. This Alabama team, which needed 4 overtimes to beat a 6-6 Auburn team that was playing its 3rd string quarterback, would get curb-stomped by Jacksonville.

Comment

Working...
                                X