This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I don't recall the entirety of every play in the game but I'll guess that Alabama was concentrating so heavily on Young getting the ball out of his hands vs Georgia....I thought he held it too long in some games....that Georgia just didn't have the chance to get to him.
    I think they ran a lot of max protection pass plays too with the running backs helping out with blocking rather than running routes.

Comment

• Coach Prime has caught another big fish.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-jackson-state

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        Coach Prime has caught another big fish.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-jackson-state
        Can't figure out why anyone who can play for the power schools would choose SWAC football. If they put up big numbers it's.....look at the opposition.

Look at this...

This guy can play he don't need Jackson State.

Yes tons of SWAC players have played NFL football but can't think of any who had offers from the big schools and decided to go SWACing instead.

Would love to sit in and listen to the story Deion tells, if he's smart he sells mama on the idea and what is best for her son.

SWAC WR 's in NFL

Jerry Rice MVS
        Donald Driver Alcorn
        John Stallworth Alabama A&M
        Charlie Joiner. Sammy White Grambling
        Harold Carmichel Southern U
        Harold Jackson. Jimmy Smith Jackson State
        Warren Wells, Homer Jones, Ken Burrough Texas Soutthern

That MVS offense in the days of Jerry Rice was something special they were averaging around 50 points a game running a five WR set. QB Willie Totten in the shot gun looking for the open man, usually that was Rice.
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-09-2022, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Can't figure out why anyone who can play for the power schools would choose SWAC football.
          If they put up big numbers it's.....look at the opposition.

This guy can play he don't need Jackson State.
          Of course you don't understand, just like you don't understand why Deion Sanders, Eddie George, Hue Jackson and Tyrone Wheatley would want to coach HBCU football or why Jim Brown, Bill Russell and Kareem Abdul Jabbar were at the Summit with Muhammad Ali because you have no understanding or appreciation for the Black experience.

Comment

• How cool would it be to see an HBCU school who gets put on power five schedules as a scrimmage/rest to beat one of them, when was the last time that happened? Back in the days of Eddie Robinson at Grambling? Or has it ever happened?

That NCA&T track program is doing some big things. They are beating the big dawgs on the track.

jazz do think all those you mentioned already get that black experience, ha!!!!!
            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-09-2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Expect to see a big game for....

Brian Robinson Jr.

Brian Robinson Jr. Excited to be Alabama's Starting RB: “I've worked my whole life for this opportunity" After four full seasons with the Crimson Tide as a backup, Robinson will finally get his chance as the team's starter in 2021. TUSCALOOSA, Ala.Aug 9, 2021

Saban gets these young guys to buy into his "you will get your chance be patient" and it works, he always has a gang of future NFLers in waiting on the sidelines.

Watch the lines that is what seperates SEC football from everybody else, the big guys.

Had Georgia then Bama, then Georgia now back to Bama, this is a tufff one.

Comment

• It is always possible that an athlete has more sides to him than simply his sport. His decision to play at a smaller school may be based more on his personal values and what he chooses to do in life than what he might do in professional sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                  It is always possible that an athlete has more sides to him than simply his sport. His decision to play at a smaller school may be based more on his personal values and what he chooses to do in life than what he might do in professional sports.
                  This. Good point. I'm a small town guy and I always thought if I had obvious DI talent that I'd rather run the ball 35 times/game at a small DI or a DII or 1A school right from day one, than 15 times at a a bigger school and maybe only later as a jr or sr. But, that's me. I like those small quaint settings.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

It is always possible that an athlete has more sides to him than simply his sport. His decision to play at a smaller school may be based more on his personal values and what he chooses to do in life than what he might do in professional sports.
                    Well if I want a guarantee of starting and dig great marching bands and plenty of girls just like me, hey maybe an HBCU is the way to go. The NFL gets HBCU football, they do look there for talent so pro football will be there.

I would prefer looking up in those stands at 80,000 screaming fans looking back instead of maybe 8,000 if lucky.
                    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-09-2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Well if I want a guarantee of starting and dig great marching bands and plenty of girls just like me, hey maybe an HBCU is the way to go. The NFL gets HBCU football, they do look there for talent so pro football will be there.

I would prefer looking up in those stands at 80,000 screaming fans looking back instead of maybe 8,000 if lucky.
                      Fans of obscure blues?
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Fans of obscure blues?
                        Absolutely, I can see it now....,

Cutie....(I turn on the car stereo, have a tape rolling)...love Rube Lacy, too bad he only recorded one record. What should have been.
                        Me...how do you know about Rube Lacy?
                        Cutie.....my grandpa owned a juke joint in Clarksdale, he had a juke box full of old blues records, that Mississippi Jailhouse Groan one of my favorites.
                        Me....can you cook?

Comment

That's exactly what I was getting at. Here's Travis Hunter in his own words:

Florida State has always been a beacon for me, I grew up down there, that's where my roots are, and I never doubted that I would play for the Seminoles. It's a dream that is hard to let go of, but sometimes we are called to step into a bigger future than the one we imagined for ourselves. For me, that future is at Jackson State University.
                          I don't think it's necessary to be black to understand Hunter's higher calling but all Black folks know what he was hinting at. It seems that some folks here can't imagine an athlete doing such a thing.

Comment

That's exactly what I was getting at. Here's Travis Hunter in his own words:

I don't think it's necessary to be black to understand Hunter's higher calling but all Black folks know what he was hinting at. It seems that some folks here can't imagine an athlete doing such a thing.
                            Jackson State a bigger future than Florida State in what galaxy is that?

Who needs all this when ya can play in front of how many?

Trust me I know Jackson State, hell Payton, Lem Barney, Harold Jackson, Robert Brazille, Jimmy Smith, on the track Mark Rowe. It ain't no FSU that is why Deion went there.

They have HBCU games on TV thru the season, nobody shows up for these games, why is that?
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Jackson State a bigger future than Florida State in what galaxy is that?

Who needs all this when ya can play in front of how many?

Trust me I know Jackson State, hell Payton, Lem Barney, Harold Jackson, Robert Brazille, Jimmy Smith, on the track Mark Rowe. It ain't no FSU that is why Deion went there.

They have HBCU games on TV thru the season, nobody shows up for these games, why is that?
                              You will never get it. I feel sorry for you.

Comment

You will never get it. I feel sorry for you.
                                So how come just now big time recruits are FINALLY going to Jackson State, what was te story the last 300 years?

I feel sorry for a guy who thinks playing in front of a few beats the big time college football crowd. I bet you have never watched an HBCU game have you?

Small time college football, a little outdated but it ain't changed much

swacCapture.jpg
                                Around 14,000 a game in the SWAC, jazz....come on man, ha!!!!

Don't be surprised to see those big time recruits bail once they see the lack of interest in HBCU football.

This is funny...

Deion....you'll be playing in front of 14,000,think of that.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X