Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rematch of Bama-Geo is intriguing.

Bama struggled against Fla, TxAM, LSU and Auburn.
    Geo handled Aub and Fla easily.

But in the SEC game

Bama just edged Geo rushing 115-109, and both passed well, A for 536 (!) and G for 449 (!), but Bennett got picked twice.

The revenge factor works in Geo's favor, but the fact that Geo is the FAVORITE in the game works against them GREATLY.
    If Bennett cleans up the passing game, it'll be much closer than last time, but my $1 bet says Saban does it again. Smart is a great coach, but S and his staff are light-years ahead of any other program. [and to reiterate my bias - I do not like Bama - too smug]

Comment

• Clay Travis(TV) a serious ATS player puts in the time and does his homework, he knows this stuff. He has Georgia - the number. Hmmmm? Not sure why Georgia is favored,

He has Georgia 24-17
      Alcyallen
      Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
        Clay Travis has Georgia 24-17
        Vegas has it Georgia 27.5 - 25. (Ga -2.5, t 52.5).

I would bet on Bama 10 out of 10 times . . . but I won't . . . for good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Vegas has it Georgia 27.5 - 25. (Ga -2.5, t 52.5).

I would bet on Bama 10 out of 10 times . . . but I won't . . . for good reason.
          I can usually get a feel for a game and feel good with a side, not this time. Don't like this being a rematch that gives Georgia more motivation, revenge does that, but.....Bama has that Saban factor going on. how can you go against him in a big game?

I do respect Clay Travis he is one of the best at picking ATS winners I have seen, and he explains his reasoning.

Too many things clashing in this one, I can't grab on to anything solid.
          Alcyallen
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Clay Travis(TV) a serious ATS player puts in the time and does his homework, he knows this stuff. He has Georgia - the number. Hmmmm? Not sure why Georgia is favored,

He has Georgia 24-17
            Georgia is favored because they're more talented and their opening day roster has taken fewer casualties throughout the season than Alabama's.

I think Kirby Smart was chastened in the SEC championship game and Michigan paid the price. 10 years ago LSU and Alabama met in a rematch in the national championship game and Nick Saban came out with a completely different game plan than the first game that Alabama lost. I expect Smart to do the same thing tonight.
            jazzcyclist
            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-10-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              AMichigan paid the price.
              10 years ago LSU and Alabama met in a rematch in the national championship game and Nick Saban came out with a completely different game plan than the first game that Alabama lost. I expect Smart to do the same thing tonight.
              A. Ordinarily you can't get go to the well again like that, but there has been ample time for everyone to get their head on straight again. So, + Geo.
              B. Yes, but so will Saban. So, wash.
              C. Bama is the underdog. When was the last time Bama was the underdog and LOST? So, + Ala

It's a pick-em to me too, but my gut says Bama. I hope I get indigestion!

Comment

• Georgia's secondary disqualifies its defense from being compared to great defenses of the past. After the semifinal they should have tried to pick up Cincinnati's cornerbacks in the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  It's a pick-em to me too, but my gut says Bama. I hope I get indigestion!
                  Uuuurrrppp! My tummy hurts . . . owwwwww!
                  Best miscall of the new year for me.

Comment

• Feel sorry for Bama, losing Williams hurt, oh well that's football.

Comment

Feel sorry for Bama, losing Williams hurt, oh well that's football.
                      Losing Williams no.doubt hurt but I don't feel sorry for Alabama, which beat an Ohio State team that was missing 15 players due to COVID-19 in last year's championship game.

Comment

• It looks like there's a stalemate in the expansion discussions. The sticking point is whether a 12-team format would give automatic bids to the Power 5 champions + 1 Group of 5 champion (aka the participation trophy format) or automatic bids to the 6th highest ranked conference champions. Understandably, the Group of 5 and the Independents support the latter format while the PAC-12 and Big 10 support the former. The SEC has sided with the Group of 5 and the Independents and has stated that they would rather stay with the 4-team format than go to the participation trophy format.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...n-discussions/

Comment

• Last night was certainly a Tale of Two Halves. UGA made life a lot more difficult for Young the whole game. Losing Williams made it a tougher row to hoe for Bama, but Georgia earned the win completely. They put together more big plays, despite a tepid start. And I was happy to see Bennet hang tough throughout the game, despite being harangued so badly by Will Anderson. Enjoy the win, Dogs. You deserved it.

Comment

• I don't see how a 12 team playoff would work. 6 games, 6 winners, three games, 3 winners, now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              I don't see how a 12 team playoff would work. 6 games, 6 winners, three games, 3 winners, now what?
                              No, 8 teams play the first round and 4 get byes. The winners of the 4 first round games then play against the 4 who got byes in the quarter-final round.

Comment

• That big guys who can run thing is a southern thing, those athletes come from southern high schools and stay there in southern colleges.. We don't see what we saw last night anywhere else, that wave of big guy after big guy with serious jets wrecking havoc. Until that changes it won't matter how many teams are in a playoff system nothing will stop SEC dominance, those schools simply have too many big fast impressive athletes. Look at how many SECers move on to the NFL...tons!

Hard to believe but true, no Big10 sprinter has ever broke 10.00 in a 100m, why bring that up, an example of recruiting, the SEC recruits fast athletes. Around 20ish sub10,00 SEC sprinters. The Pac12 can't compare either. Speed is the name of the game and it comes out of the south, ah......size with speed.

Big and fast

Like Herschel Walker he is out of Georgia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mentioned Clay Travis who is one of the best ATSers I have seen, he had it Georgia 24-17 it was 28-18 before that pic. The guy is good.
                                Alcyallen
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-11-2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X