Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this in Dan Wetzel's column today. 37 of the top 101 2022 Rival recruits are going to three schools. Alabama, Georgia, & Texas A&M.

That's not really good for the sport.

Comment

• Alabama is set up for next year to be as elite as they possibly can be. One of Saban's better recruiting classes will be "maturing" together with a returning Heisman winning QB. If it isn't them next year...A&M will happily fill the void. However next year's Alabama/A&M game is at Alabama making it tougher for the Jimbos. I think Georgia's got too much to replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I don't recall any year in which there were more than 3 elite teams in the BCS/CFP era, and I don't consider Alabama elite this year. IMO Georgia was the only elite team this year.
        If Georgia was elite then Alabama was as well or both weren't. They were clearly the two best teams in the country and probably by a substantial margin so I'm not sure how else elite is defined. Alabama beat Georgia once and was ahead of them the 2nd time with 10mins or so to play.

Comment

There are only 3 SEC teams on this list. The #4 team is missing. My guess is that it's Florida.

2021 NFL Draft: 10 Colleges that have produced the most draft picks since 2010
          • #10 USC
          • #9 Florida State University.
          • #8 University of Miami.
          • #7 University of Georgia.
          • #6 Clemson University.
          • #5 University of Oklahoma.
          • #4 Florida University
          • #3 Louisiana State University.
          • #2 Ohio State University.
          • #1 University of Alabama.

Florida it is,

Would love to see USC return been too long away from the big picture, Not a fan of SEC dominance but it is what it has been, The big guys on the lines, backers the major difference, too many of them in SEC football.

Right now expanding the playoffs would just mean more SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

2021 NFL Draft: 10 Colleges that have produced the most draft picks since 2010
            • #10 USC
            • #9 Florida State University.
            • #8 University of Miami.
            • #7 University of Georgia.
            • #6 Clemson University.
            • #5 University of Oklahoma.
            • #4 Florida University
            • #3 Louisiana State University.
            • #2 Ohio State University.
            • #1 University of Alabama.

Florida it is,

Would love to see USC return been too long away from the big picture, Not a fan of SEC dominance but it is what it has been, The big guys on the lines, backers the major difference, too many of them in SEC football.

Right now expanding the playoffs would just mean more SEC.
            I'm happy with 4 too. Expansion talks have made strange bedfellows. Who would have thought that the SEC and the Group of 5 would be on the same page?

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              Alabama is set up for next year to be as elite as they possibly can be. One of Saban's better recruiting classes will be "maturing" together with a returning Heisman winning QB. If it isn't them next year...A&M will happily fill the void. However next year's Alabama/A&M game is at Alabama making it tougher for the Jimbos. I think Georgia's got too much to replace.
              Jimbo will have A&M ready, but Bama will be just as ready. That could/should be the SEC Game of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

If Georgia was elite then Alabama was as well or both weren't. They were clearly the two best teams in the country and probably by a substantial margin so I'm not sure how else elite is defined. Alabama beat Georgia once and was ahead of them the 2nd time with 10mins or so to play.
                The reason I say Alabama wasn't elite is because they had too many problems throughout the season putting away mediocre teams and one they couldn't put away. That sort of inconsistency disqualifies a team from elite status IMO. Georgia got beat once by a really good team but they were dominant in the rest of their games. However, "elite" is in the eyes of the beholder and two people can define it differently and both be right.

Comment

• The top 6, in the last CFP determination of a year, are de facto elite, IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    The top 6, in the last CFP determination of a year, are de facto elite, IMO
                    As I was saying, ask 3 people and get 3 different opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      The top 6, in the last CFP determination of a year, are de facto elite, IMO
                      I think most NCAA football fans know how things are, everybody gets the SEC and how we see a different level of football played there. Going 10-2 vs an SEC schedule is far superior than going 12--0 in any other conference and most are aware of that. Simply too many good SEC teams playing.back to back to back, too hard to go undefeated.

Alabama is the best team we have seen the last decade,they are what that word ...elite,,,,,means.

Comment

• Originally posted by 502CD View Post
                        Saw this in Dan Wetzel's column today. 37 of the top 101 2022 Rival recruits are going to three schools. Alabama, Georgia, & Texas A&M.

That's not really good for the sport.
                        A lot of guys simply don't want to play in cold weather like we see in the Big10, others don't want to move way out here to the west coast that far away from home. Think we are stuck with how it is. What sucks is Cali guys going east,, sheesh!

Comment

I think most NCAA football fans know how things are, everybody gets the SEC and how we see a different level of football played there. Going 10-2 vs an SEC schedule is far superior than going 12--0 in any other conference and most are aware of that. Simply too many good SEC teams playing.back to back to back, too hard to go undefeated.

Alabama is the best team we have seen the last decade,they are what that word ...elite,,,,,means.

Generally speaking I agree with you about SEC schedules but I wouldn't call it an absolute truth. For example, because of WHICH SEC teams they played and who they played out of conference, Auburn had a brutal schedule but Kentucky's schedule was weaker than the schedule of some Group of 5 teams.

Comment

A lot of guys simply don't want to play in cold weather like we see in the Big10, others don't want to move way out here to the west coast that far away from home. Think we are stuck with how it is. What sucks is Cali guys going east,, sheesh!
                            The number of quarterbacks at elite non-California Power 5 programs has been a who's who of collegiate quarterbacks the last few years. Why are so many of California's top high school quarterbacks and other skill players heading east?

Comment

Generally speaking I agree with you about SEC schedules but I wouldn't call it an absolute truth. For example, because of WHICH SEC teams they played and who they played out of conference, Auburn had a brutal schedule but Kentucky's schedule was weaker than the schedule of some Group of 5 teams.
                              How many group of five teams would be successful in the SEC?

Comment

The number of quarterbacks at elite non-California Power 5 programs has been a who's who of collegiate quarterbacks the last few years. Why are so many of California's top high school quarterbacks and other skill players heading east?
                                I think the kids want to play the best football they can which isn't the Pac12, that Bama QB Young was a USC committ before changing his mind, yep, great decision.

We see crowds at places like FSU, Georgia, Penn State, LSU, it's totally different than what we see at out here. Football more important heading east....

Not a fan of what Deion did talking a couple highly touted recruits out of big time college football to come to nobody cares Jackson State,

Comment

Working...
                                X