This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
    Not a fan of what Deion did, talking a couple highly touted recruits out of big time college football to come to nobody cares Jackson State,
    I sure am, for the very reasons Jazz articulated! The 'nobody-cares HBCU' is a very important part of NCAA football, and when blue-chippers go there, it helps the entire structure. .

Comment

How many group of five teams would be successful in the SEC?
      What I think about that is besides the point and it's also unknowable. I was only refuting your false statement that a 10-2 record with an SEC schedule is harder than 12-0 records in ANY other conference. That's total bullshit and I just gave you an example on an SEC team that had a weaker schedule than some Group of 5 teams, not to mention the many Power 5 teams that had a tougher schedule than Kentucky. All you had to do was qualify your statement and there would have been nothing to disagree with, but I can't let silly blanket statements yours stand on this thread. By the way, the toughest schedule in college football this past season belonged Indiana, a Big 10 school, not an SEC school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I sure am, for the very reasons Jazz articulated! The 'nobody-cares HBCU' is a very important part of NCAA football, and when blue-chippers go there, it helps the entire structure. .
        Nobody a bigger fan of the HBCU than myself, actually an HBCU history buff. But most of the nation knows little about it or will ever care about it. So all that will actually accomplished was a couple kids who could have starred at some big time program are stuck in Jackson Mississippi playing in front of maybe 12, 000 instead of those 80,000 screaming fans at Georgia or Penn State etc. Just not right.

Comment

Not a fan of what Deion did talking a couple highly touted recruits out of big time college football to come to nobody cares Jackson State,
          You should shut up about HBCU football until you go to an actual HBCU football game since according to your own words that's the criteria for being able to discuss HBCU football intelligently. In the meantime, perhaps you should read what Hunter said about his decision and try to understand what motivated him. It may surprise you to hear this but some people are motivated by a lot more than the superficial things that matter to you.

Comment

Nobody a bigger fan of the HBCU than myself, actually an HBCU history buff.
            You can't be that big a fan if you have never been to an HBCU football game. Nor would a true fan be here pooh-poohing HBCU football like you're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

What I think about that is besides the point and it's also unknowable. I was only refuting your false statement that a 10-2 record with an SEC schedule is harder than 12-0 records in ANY other conference. That's total bullshit and I just gave you an example on an SEC team that had a weaker schedule than some Group of 5 teams, not to mention the many Power 5 teams that had a tougher schedule than Kentucky. All you had to do was qualify your statement and there would have been nothing to disagree with, but I can't let silly blanket statements yours stand on this thread. By the way, the toughest schedule in college football this past season belonged Indiana, a Big 10 school, not an SEC school.
              Give me an example of a 12--0 team playing a harder schedule than a 10-2 SEC team.

Comment

The reason I say Alabama wasn't elite is because they had too many problems throughout the season putting away mediocre teams and one they couldn't put away. That sort of inconsistency disqualifies a team from elite status IMO. Georgia got beat once by a really good team but they were dominant in the rest of their games. However, "elite" is in the eyes of the beholder and two people can define it differently and both be right.
                Not trying to get into "is too" "is not" on this but Georgia lost to Bama and then didn't dominate them in the championship game. I'm not sure how that stamps one as elite and other as not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Jimbo will have A&M ready, but Bama will be just as ready. That could/should be the SEC Game of the Year.
                  As I mentioned above....next years Bama team has the chance to be Saban's best. A&M is coming on though particularly for the following years.

Comment

Give me an example of a 12--0 team playing a harder schedule than a 10-2 SEC team.
                    Let's stick to your original question. Who had a tougher schedule this year, Kentucky or Cincinnati?

https://www.warrennolan.com/football/2021/sos-elo

Comment

You should shut up about HBCU football until you go to an actual HBCU football game since according to your own words that's the criteria for being able to discuss HBCU football intelligently. In the meantime, perhaps you should read what Hunter said about his decision and try to understand what motivated him. It may surprise you to hear this but some people are motivated by a lot more than the superficial things that matter to you.
                      Don't have to jump in a time machine and head back to Berlin 1936 to watch Jesse Owens win all his Olympic gold medals, I know the story. Know all about Eulace Peacocks being injured and how if he'd been tthere things would have been differeent.

NCA&T won the NCAA 4x4 relay last season, a couple of those on that relay made it to the Olympics, This is a big deal to me how about others? I go back to Mozelle Ellerbe out of Tuskegge, Leo Tarrant the first name SWAC sprinter, both were pre 1945. You familiar with Morgan States Elmore Harris, how about Art Bragg. Who was the great Big Ben Stevenson another from Tuskegge? He is a legend in HBCU football.

I can rattle off every HBCUer to ever play pro football. Call it a hobby.

It doesn't matter why a kid would give up his chance to play major college football for small time ball, it's not in his best interest,. When he's up for the draft it will be.....well he did play inferior opposition. That won't help his situation any.

Willie Galimore, Tank Younger, Marion Motley, Deacon Jones all early HBCUers who starred in the NFL, TONS of HBCUer followed.

Comment

• After we settle these questions we can tackle the issue of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin…

Comment

Let's stick to your original question. Who had a tougher schedule this year, Kentucky or Cincinnati?

https://www.warrennolan.com/football/2021/sos-elo
                          So you think Cincy could go 12-0 vs an SEC schedule?

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Not trying to get into "is too" "is not" on this but Georgia lost to Bama and then didn't dominate them in the championship game. I'm not sure how that stamps one as elite and other as not.
                            I don't consider Georgia's blemish (got beat once by a very good team) to be disqualifying. Alabama would have had to be a mediocre team for that loss to disqualify the Bulldogs. Alabama had multiple blemishes, not one. Also, I don't want to get into a game of semantics either, but Georgia's win was convincing IMO, it wasn't a fluke win. They were favored by 3 and won by 15. The best team won.

Comment

Don't have to jump in a time machine and head back to Berlin 1936 to watch Jesse Owens win all his Olympic gold medals, I know the story. Know all about Eulace Peacocks being injured and how if he'd been tthere things would have been differeent.

NCA&T won the NCAA 4x4 relay last season, a couple of those on that relay made it to the Olympics, This is a big deal to me how about others? I go back to Mozelle Ellerbe out of Tuskegge, Leo Tarrant the first name SWAC sprinter, both were pre 1945. You familiar with Morgan States Elmore Harris, how about Art Bragg. Who was the great Big Ben Stevenson another from Tuskegge? He is a legend in HBCU football.

I can rattle off every HBCUer to ever play pro football. Call it a hobby.

It doesn't matter why a kid would give up his chance to play major college football for small time ball, it's not in his best interest,. When he's up for the draft it will be.....well he did play inferior opposition. That won't help his situation any.

Willie Galimore, Tank Younger, Marion Motley, Deacon Jones all early HBCUers who starred in the NFL, TONS of HBCUer followed.
                              I know you must hate Duane Ross for poaching all those blue chip track athletes from Power 5 schools. Anyway, go to an HBCU football game and get back to me.

Comment

I know you must hate Duane Ross for poaching all those blue chip track athletes from Power 5 schools. Anyway, go to an HBCU football game and get back to me.
                                So being totally into HBCU sports means nothing unless I go to a game, that makes sense to you? You ever been to a Fresno State game? If you haven't ya can't talk them Bulldogs, how silly is that guy?

Never saw Don Hutson play, so I can't talk about him, really?

Comment

Working...
                                X