This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Not trying to get into "is too" "is not" on this but Georgia lost to Bama and then didn't dominate them in the championship game. I'm not sure how that stamps one as elite and other as not.
    It's pretty obvious that without WR's Metchie and Williams Bama wasn't the same, what a bummer. If they played again next week with those two Bama wins the game. You can't lose your two most dynamics weapons and that not make a dramatic difference.

Those two had around 2600 yards this season.
    Alcyallen
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-13-2022, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

So being totally into HBCU sports means nothing unless I go to a game, that makes sense to you? You ever been to a Fresno State game? If you haven't ya can't talk them Bulldogs, how silly is that guy?

Never saw Don Hutson play, so I can't talk about him, really?
      You questioned my knowledge of HBCU's by asking if I've ever been to an HBCU football game. I'm just holding you to your own standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        You questioned my knowledge of HBCU's by asking if I've ever been to an HBCU football game. I'm just holding you to your own standard.
        I didn't know you were from the south, east. north or west, so....hey! So unless you have actually watched CFL football ya can't talk about it, really? How about the Alamo unless you fought in it,......ha!!!!!! I bet Custer was scared to death seeing all those angry indians coming off that hill, just guessing of course since I wasn't there.😅

Give me your all HBCU/NFL team

QB
        RB
        RB
        WR
        WR
        TE

Curious if you can do it
        Alcyallen
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-13-2022, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I bet Custer was scared to death seeing all those angry Indians coming off that hill, .
          Alcyallen, you are indisputably well versed in football and sprinters but you need to brush up on history.
          The Indians did not come off a hill and were not angry until attacked. They were peacefully camped in the valley of Little Big Horn. The 7th Cavalry came off the hill intent on punishing 200 Lakota who had left the reservation, unaware the Lakota had been joined by 2000 Northern Cheyenne. The result was karma for Custer's massacre of Black Kettle's Southern Cheyenne at their Washita River winter camp in 1868.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Alcyallen, you are indisputably well versed in football and sprinters but you need to brush up on history.
            The Indians did not come off a hill and were not angry until attacked. They were peacefully camped in the valley of Little Big Horn. The 7th Cavalry came off the hill intent on punishing 200 Lakota who had left the reservation, unaware the Lakota had been joined by 2000 Northern Cheyenne. The result was karma for Custer's massacre of Black Kettle's Southern Cheyenne at their Washita River winter camp in 1868.
            That was good love to widen those horizons, now I know the true story about Custer, thanks🙂

Wonder if Custer did commit suicide, there is some debate about that.

Comment

Wonder if Custer did commit suicide, there is some debate about that.
              He did not have to, Indians beat him to it. I have never heard of the suicide debate. There were no 7th Cavalry survivors at Little Big Horn but more than one Indian claimed coup on Custer. There is a marker on the battlefield at the alleged spot his body was found.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                He did not have to, Indians beat him to it. I have never heard of the suicide debate. There were no 7th Cavalry survivors at Little Big Horn but more than one Indian claimed coup on Custer. There is a marker on the battlefield at the alleged spot his body was found.
                I thought there was one surviving soldier. That's the story I had heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I thought there was one surviving soldier. That's the story I had heard.
                  Dustin Hoffman.
                  bad hammy
                  Last edited by bad hammy; 01-13-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                    Dustin Hoffman.
                    Loved that movie - Little Big Man

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                      Loved that movie - Little Big Man
                      Based on repeat viewings, my fourth or fifth favorite movie of all time (toss up with Patton) behind Pulp Fiction, Hard Days Night & The Godfather. No college football movies on the list . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                        Hard Days Night
                        At least we agree on ONE!
                        That was the perfect movie for my 13yo silly self, and I've never lost that part of me (obviously!)

Comment

• Let's hi-jack this thread and argue about a more important issue. What is the best scene from Little Big Man?
                          ​​​Here is my choice: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...PoodmY0dIXj-tI

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                            Let's hi-jack this thread and argue about a more important issue.
                            I cannot think of a thread that was ever more ripe for hi-jacking. Thank you, lonewolf.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that without WR's Metchie and Williams Bama wasn't the same, what a bummer. If they played again next week with those two Bama wins the game. You can't lose your two most dynamics weapons and that not make a dramatic difference.

Those two had around 2600 yards this season.
                              Get over it.
                              Alabama lost - Georgia won.

Your never ending excuse making for "your" teams that lost is tiresome.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that without WR's Metchie and Williams Bama wasn't the same, what a bummer. If they played again next week with those two Bama wins the game.
                                Facts definitely not in evidence. I thought you were working on being less bombastic with your opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X