X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alcyallen
    • Jun 2021

Tell ya what jazz, talk me into giving up FSU, USC, Oklahoma, LSU for Jackson State, go ahead talk me into SWAC football. Actually ya need to talk my mom into it., what story ya got?

The kid will never see anything like this...

jazz, come on man you'd take big time college football away from a young man, that should be illegal.
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
      • Oct 2005

Dixon/Texas/Brutal, there's nothing I can do to get you to understand what Travis Hunter's calling is but it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with the stuff you're talking about.

Comment

• Alcyallen
        • Jun 2021

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        Dixon/Texas/Brutal, there's nothing I can do to get you to understand what Travis Hunter's calling is but it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with the stuff you're talking about.
        Give it a shot, a young man who can play big time college football deciding to give that up for football nobody really cares about, come on guy.

I bet you have never seen a SWAC game have you? I bet nobody here but me has ever seen a SWAC game.
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• scottmitchell74
          • Jul 2008
          • Abilene, TX

This latest turn in the conversation has been particularly hard to watch.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Atticus
            • Jul 2014
            • on task

I'd like to help you out here, but you already know what you have to do.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
              I bet you have neve seen an SWAC game have you?
              I was born and raised in Louisiana. Both my parents graduated from Southern University as well as two aunts and an uncle. My grandmother graduated from Grambling, as well as an aunt and uncle, who played football at Grambling in the glory years from 1968-1971. My brother graduated from Southern. My sister graduated from FAMU. What's the point of this obviously rhetorical question which has already been answered many times in posts on this board in discussions about college football?

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                This latest turn in the conversation has been particularly hard to watch.
                I think he's projecting because he's never been to a SWAC football game.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                  • Jun 2021

I was born and raised in Louisiana. Both my parents graduated from Southern University as well as two aunts and an uncle. My grandmother graduated from Grambling, as well as an aunt and uncle, who played football at Grambling in the glory years from 1968-1971. My brother graduated from Southern. My sister graduated from FAMU. What's the point of this obviously rhetorical question which has already been answered many times in posts on this board in discussions about college football?
                  Then you are well aware of the fact HBCU football is a lower level brand of football than FSU, and Power Five schools, so how can playing small time college football be a great idea? And do you really think this kid knows anything at all about HBCU football, come on he is how old? If I asked him who was Leroy Kelly it would be....who? If I asked him......give me anyone who played at Grambling....he couldn't.
                  Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Then you are well aware of the fact HBCU football is a lower level brand of football than FSU, and Power Five schools, s how can playing smal time college football be a great idea?
                    I'll let you in on a little secret. Black folks who are steeped in the HBCU tradition know the difference between 1-A and 1-AA football. All the Southern season ticket holders I know also follow LSU football. By the way, have you ever attended a SWAC football game?
                    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-10-2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                      • Jun 2021

I'll let you in on a little secret. Black folks who are steeped in the HBCU tradition know the difference between 1-A and 1-AA football. By the way, have you ever attended a SWAC football game?
                      I live in California so never been to a HBCU game we don't have them out here. But have seen a lot HBCU games on TV, and being a big track and football fan can talk HBCU going back to Mozelle Ellerbe out of Tuskegge in the late 30's, know every HBCU footballer in the NFL. every stud trackster. Call it a hobby. You won't find anyone more HBCU savy than myself, and totally prepared to prove that claim.

I have a notebook of every college in the USA's track athletes who meet certain standards, yep, all the HBCU schools are there.

Big HBCU fan and thrilled to see what NCA&T is doing in track and what Deion is trying to do at Jackson State.But don't try and tell me passing on FSU for HBCU football is a good idea, it isn't.

Wanna see my HBCU fantasy 4x1 relay, ha!!!!!
                      Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                        • Jun 2021

I think he's projecting because he's never been to a SWAC football game.
                        So you are well aware of the lack of interest.

During a college football season how many times is HBCU football talked about by anyone, well?

Try and talk Norfolk State football, go ahead. How about some Bethune Cookman, give us some Hampton or Howard, Morgan State?

Give me pro football 1000 yard rushers out of the HBCU, can ya do it?
                        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• gm
                          • Oct 2005

I don't think you can claim to be savvy from just watching and reading about HBCU sports. You seem to be sorely lacking in experience on an actual HBCU campus. I can think of plenty of reasons a top prospect would choose to attend an HBCU, and I hope the trend continues.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                            • Jun 2021

Originally posted by gm View Post
                            I don't think you can claim to be savvy from just watching and reading about HBCU sports. You seem to be sorely lacking in experience on an actual HBCU campus. I can think of plenty of reasons a top prospect would choose to attend an HBCU, and I hope the trend continues.
                            Well when it comes to all the athletes involved in HBCU track and football I pretty much have it covered 100%. I do know there is little interest in it, the crowds are small and nobody talks about it,the big dawgs will be favored by 30ish points vs an HBCU. If a guy can go to a big time program ya do it, you gain nothing playing small time college football.

Talk to me about NAIA football, nobody cares.

Who cares about...

2021-2022 NAIA College Football Rankings

Week 18: Sunday January 2, 2022
                            1 Morningside Great Plains 3.00 14 0 1 2 1 16
                            2 Grand View Heart of America 2.41 14 1 2 3 8 2
                            3 Lindsey Wilson Mid-South 1.82 12 1 3 1 2 1
                            4 Indiana Wesleyan Mid-States 1.82 7 1 4 4 11 3
                            5 Northwestern IA Great Plains 1.70 12 2 5 6 4 12
                            6 Concordia MI Mid-States 1.33 9 2 6 15 27 10
                            7 Marian IN Mid-States 1.15 9 3 7 9 17 7
                            8 Baker Heart of America 0.95 9 2 8 5 6 6
                            9 Central Methodist Heart of America 0.76 9 3 9 13 28 8
                            10 Culver-Stockton Heart of America 0.43 8 3 10 12 15 18

Name one player off those schools, ya can't. Doesn't matter what Travis Hunter does nobody will know about it.
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                              • Jun 2021

My first favorite NFLer was an HBCUer....

Why he never had a 1000 yard season is because he shared carries with stud fullback Rick Casares
                              Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• lonewolf
                                • Oct 2005
                                • Indian Territory

A question for Alcyallen. You have demonstrated unparalleled knowledge of HBCU, NCAA, and NFL sprinters and footballers, and divine insight as to what is the best life choice for people you do not know but why is it so essential to you that everyone agrees with your opinion on every topic?
                                If everyone conceded you were infallible, WTF difference does it make? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X