X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alcyallen
    • Jun 2021

College football has a lot of tradition attached to it. Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant, The Four Horesmen, Mr Inside and Mr.Outside and on an on, Texas vs Oklahoma, Alabama vs Auburn, USC vs UCLA. Michigan vs Ohio State, what kid coming out of high school wouldn't want to be a part of that world? Well you won't be playing small time college football like Jackson State.

There is nothing anyone can say that justifies having a kid pass on FSU for Jackson State, Deion should be arrested.

Comment

• J Rorick
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

There is nothing anyone can say that justifies having a kid pass on FSU for Jackson State, Deion should be arrested.
      Some people would rather be part of building something (Jackson St program) than just a cog in an already-developed program.

Some people with pro aspirations might think they'll have more exposure starting for a smaller school program than sitting on the bench as a 4th or 5th stringer for 4 years.

Some people might enjoy going to a smaller college than a larger one.

Get back to you when Jackson State upsets one of the major programs. I'm sure you'll discount it as a fluke.
      Last edited by J Rorick; 01-10-2022, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
        • Jun 2021

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        A question for Alcyallen. You have demonstrated unparalleled knowledge of HBCU, NCAA, and NFL sprinters and footballers, and divine insight as to what is the best life choice for people you do not know but why is it so essential to you that everyone agrees with your opinion on every topic?
        If everyone conceded you were infallible, WTF difference does it make? Just curious.
        Doesn't everyone here do what I do? Sure they do. Show me anyone saying.....ya know you are right I was wrong......that ain't going to happen so we are all the same.

Comment

• Alcyallen
          • Jun 2021

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Some people would rather be part of building something (Jackson St program) than just a cog in an already-developed program.

Some people with pro aspirations might think they'll have more exposure starting for a smaller school program than sitting on the bench as a 4th or 5th stringer for 4 years.

Some people might enjoy going to a smaller college than a larger one.

Get back to you when Jackson State upsets one of the major programs.
          Give me the name of any HBCUer in the NFL in the last 10 years, go ahead.

Nobody cares about that level of football, it's small time stuff, that is why the big schoosl are favored by 30 or more points.

Jackson State will never beat a Power Five school, they will never have the depth. Never have that size/speed in the lines.
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• J Rorick
            • Jul 2014

Give me the name of any HBCUer in the NFL in the last 10 years, go ahead.

Haven't got time to check the other 31 rosters, but Carolina Panthers have 2 HBCU guys on their current roster. 1. Darryl Johnson (DE) from NC A&T; 2. Trent Scott (T) from Grambling.

Comment

• Alcyallen
              • Jun 2021

Haven't got time to check the other 31 rosters, but Carolina Panthers have 2 HBCU guys on their current roster. 1. Darryl Johnson (DE) from NC A&T; 2. Trent Scott (T) from Grambling.
              See how it goes, ya had to Google that an really don't know of anyone unless ya do Google, that is HBCU football. You have to search it out go find it.

There will be 15,000 fans maybe in the stands, the media don't care, the talk shows don't care, nobody cares about HBCU football.

It makes zero sense to pass on big time college football for......nobody cares!

Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• J Rorick
                • Jul 2014

See how it goes, ya had to Google that an really don't know of anyone unless ya do Google, that is HBCU football. You have to search it out go find it.

There will be 15,000 fans maybe in the stands, the media don't care, the talk shows don't care, nobody cares about HBCU football.

It makes zero sense to pass on big time college football for......nobody cares!
                Actually, I'd have to Google to find out the colleges of 95% of the NFL players.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                  • Jun 2021

Actually, I'd have to Google to find out the colleges of 95% of the NFL players.
                  Yes I know, as would most people.

That NCAA./NFL connection a pet interest of mine, we all have our thing, I can't talk baseball, tennis, NASCAR, basketball, hockey. but do know my football and track. Can't talk punk, rap, the opera, but can talk blues, country, rock and roll . All about interests.

Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                    • Jun 2021

Travis Hunter is just a kid, so just how much does he really know about anything having to do with the HBCU, I'm betting Deion told him a few things and he ran with it. And, who wants to live in Jackson Mississippi?
                    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                      • Oct 2005

I live in California so never been to a HBCU game we don't have them out here.
                      Then STFU about HBCU football. You obviously don't know a goddamn thing about it.
                      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-10-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                        • Oct 2005

I'm sure you thought Pat Tillman was an idiot to walk away from all the glitz and glamor of the NFL to join the Army.
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-10-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• scottmitchell74
                          • Jul 2008
                          • Abilene, TX

Dunning-Kruger my friends, Dunning-Kruger.

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• gh
                            Administrator
                            • Oct 2005
                            • west of Westeros

Originally posted by bambam1729
                            Please stop. Please go away again, Brutal/Texas/Dixon/Alcyallen
                            from the Board Guidelines

6. Please don't attempt to play cop. That's the job of the moderators...

Comment

• Alcyallen
                              • Jun 2021

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              Then STFU about HBCU football. You obviously don't know a goddamn thing about it.
                              Are you ever going to figure out I follow HBCU track and football? What do you want to know about HBCU football? Never saw Joe Louis box or Jesse Owens compete so what I still know their history.

HBCU games are lucky to have 15.000 people in the stands FSU has 70,000, so where should any young footballer go?
                              Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-10-2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Alcyallen
                                • Jun 2021

Originally posted by bambam1729
                                Please stop. Please go away again, Brutal/Texas/Dixon/Alcyallen
                                For what having an opinion like we all do?

Comment

Working...
                                X