Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Trials ticket refunds

In case anyone else is waiting for a ticket refund from Tracktown for OT tickets they didn't use, here is the reply I received to my email inquiry. It was about what I expected and it's OK. That whole process was difficult and I'm certain they have done/are doing the best they can:

"It is taking us considerably longer than originally anticipated to refund customers. There are three contributing factors to this delay:
    1. We received an extraordinarily high volume of refund requests. More than 60% of Olympic Trials tickets customers live outside of Oregon, and many of them could not make travel arrangements once the state regulations changed in late May.
    2. Each refund must be processed manually. The ticketing software was not designed for the variety of different refund types that we have.
    3. In many instances, once the refund has been processed the system is not allowing the funds to be returned to the original credit card even if the customer has indicated that the credit card is still valid. We believe that the data protections in the ticketing system are the source of these rejections.
    Several adjustments have been made throughout July, including the addition of staff and frequent conversations with the ticketing system provider. We are continuing to pursue additional methods for accelerating the process.

We understand the frustration that this delay may be causing you and other customers. Although I can’t provide you with an exact date of when you will receive your refund, I do hope to provide customers with additional information later this week."

There's always this, very effective, tactic:

47b8f6bf-005f-4539-854a-8657018099e2_text.gif

Comment

Many thanks Dr. Jay - mrs. hammy asked just yesterday about OT refunds so you've saved me time & grief!

Comment

I had 2 extra tickets for day 9 but I just sold them on Stubhub in one day. I'm glad I did.

Comment

Another email update today:

"I apologize for the long delay in receiving your Olympic Trials ticket refund and for the frustration that you’ve likely experienced as a result. I’m writing to explain the reasons for the delay and the steps that we’ve taken to resolve it.

Primary Causes Of The Delay
          1. We received an extraordinarily high volume of refund requests.
          2. Each refund must be processed manually, and the ticketing software was not designed to easily process the variety of different refund types that we have. For example, we allowed customers who had purchased all-session ticket packages to refund individual days within a package, which requires multiple steps in the software system.
          3. In many instances, once the refund was processed the system was not allowing the funds to be returned to the original credit card even when that credit card is still valid. We believe that the data protections in the ticketing system are the source of these rejections.
          How We Attempted To Address The Delay

TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon Athletic Ticket Office worked for many weeks to address these issues. Despite additional staff being assigned and frequent conversations with the ticketing system provider, these problems persisted. If we had continued with that plan, it would be several more weeks before all refunds could be completed.

The New Solution

We received approval to adapt existing agreements so that customers can be refunded through an alternative method, which will enable funds to be returned more quickly. Now, the ticket account holder will receive the refund via a check from Track Town Events, LLC. Refund checks will begin being mailed in the week of August 16 and will be completed no later than the week of August 23.

Although this long delay is not how we had planned to manage refunds for customers who could not attend the Olympic Trials, I am confident that we now have a solution that will return your funds in the next two weeks. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Michael Reilly
          CEO
          TrackTown USA"

Comment

Got my refund check yesterday and it was accurate, pretty good work by them for a complicated scenario (mine). We had eight seats for all eight days and ended up using 47 of the 64. I requested refunds on the other 17 in fits and starts, as I realized throughout that week which tickets we weren’t going to use.

Comment

I put my extra tickets on Stub Hub and sold them within two days. I've had good experiences selling tickets on Stub Hub but all I ever try to do is break even..

Comment

This one of you?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...s-16410989.php

Q: My husband and I purchased tickets in July 2019 for the Track and Field Olympic Trials. We were informed that the trials were going to be spectator limited, so we opted for a full refund. The University of Oregon was handling the refunds, but as of last week, we still haven’t received our refund. I’ve sent countless emails with no responses. What recourse do I have?

(answer follows at link)

Comment

That's behind a paywall.

Comment

I got through....not sure why you would write to a Houston paper about it.

A: You need to keep waiting.

I found an article from a few weeks ago saying you are among 3,500 people who opted for a refund, all of which are being processed manually.

Keep calling the Oregon Ducks ticket office every few weeks until you get your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      I got through....not sure why you would write to a Houston paper about it.

A: You need to keep waiting.

I found an article from a few weeks ago saying you are among 3,500 people who opted for a refund, all of which are being processed manually.

Keep calling the Oregon Ducks ticket office every few weeks until you get your money.
                      Maybe because the writer lives in Houston? Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

Maybe because the writer lives in Houston? Just a thought...
                        I realize that...but the problem is in Oregon....

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                          This one of you?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...s-16410989.php

Q: My husband and I purchased tickets in July 2019 for the Track and Field Olympic Trials. We were informed that the trials were going to be spectator limited, so we opted for a full refund. The University of Oregon was handling the refunds, but as of last week, we still haven’t received our refund. I’ve sent countless emails with no responses. What recourse do I have?

(answer follows at link)
                          Why would a rumor about limited seating prompt you to ask for a refund? We all heard all sorts of rumors for the 15 months leading up to the Trials.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I realize that...but the problem is in Oregon....
                            Maybe it was one of those problem-solver newspaper columns. The Louisville C- J had one call "Lemmedoit". People wrote in if they couldn't get their landlord to fix the holes where the rain gets in, or if the city kept putting off a maintenance task in their area.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post

Maybe it was one of those problem-solver newspaper columns. The Louisville C- J had one call "Lemmedoit". People wrote in if they couldn't get their landlord to fix the holes where the rain gets in, or if the city kept putting off a maintenance task in their area.
                              The Chicago Tribune had that ..... we had a problem with a fire place insert that the chimney sweeps I hired screwed up. They wouldn't do anything about it. Then I threatened to go to What's Your Problem? and they came straight out and fixed it for free not wanting bad publicity.

The tickets story sounds more like they were asking should we sue? Since the column is on legal issues...

The information in this column is intended to provide a general understanding of the law, not legal advice.
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-31-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X