Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This kid's got heart.

Autistic kid was a devoted basketball team manager all through school. Never got to play in a game. Senior year, last game, 4 minutes left, Coach puts him in ... DEL FUEGO!!!

Checkout the video ... http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1667265/

What made a feel-good story amazing was the fact he made 6(!!!) 3-pointers and another basket for 20 points in 3 minutes. Fantastic show!
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Great story but a couple of questions come to mind...what was the score of the game...were they piling on...did the other team just fold to let the kid score...did the game mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
        Great story but a couple of questions come to mind...what was the score of the game...were they piling on...did the other team just fold to let the kid score...did the game mean anything?

I saw the video, it looks like the other team played normal defense, but when he got it he just threw it up there immediately - no time to really collapse on him, plus he was out there in 3 point land.

Regardless, considering the kid's challenges, that would have been a good HALFTIME performance with NO defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
          Mr. Grinch, you're as cold as ice! I just watched it and CRIED! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            Originally posted by MJD
            It could easily have been that the team the kid was on was getting crushed. From the video it was hard to tell if there was anything different going on other than they gave the kid the ball as much as they could. They other team were hardly giving him space, he was just too fast for them, and very accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
              That doesn't take much, I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                Originally posted by MJD

Comment

Comment

Comment

YIKES, that's scary daisy :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                        Originally posted by MJD
                        au contraire, mon frère! I hardly EVER cry in REAL life - stories get me though! :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy

STILL scary :shock:

:lol:

Comment

au contraire, mon frère! I hardly EVER cry in REAL life :cry:

Not even when your daughter won the state pole vault championship?

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              au contraire, mon frère! I hardly EVER cry in REAL life :cry:

Not even when your daughter won the state pole vault championship?

Which time? :wink:

First time - too surprised
                              Second time - too relieved

But you're right - tears are only good for happy things! Bad things make me hyper-defensive - no crying then.

Comment

Working...
                              X