Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    "Pete or whatever your name is... I've had enough of your nastiness. Please go away and stay away. Maybe you can marry Shani's mother. Sounds like you have similar personalities."

The Blue Devils agree on this one - although we are in mourning today.
    Nice little article on you bam bam, in latest "Blue Devil Weekly".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    They obviously don't like each other, and that's great for the sport.
    Long may they continue.

Leave a comment:

• bambam
    replied
    "Pete or whatever your name is... I've had enough of your nastiness. Please go away and stay away. Maybe you can marry Shani's mother. Sounds like you have similar personalities."

The Blue Devils agree on this one - although we are in mourning today.

Leave a comment:

• slowcoach
    replied
    Re: Hedrick beats Davis (but loses)

Originally posted by peterswenson

Davis beat Hedrick in the 1000. He took first place today. That's a fact.
    Here's the result (if you can find Hedrick's name in that I'll eat my shorts):

1 65 Shani Davis USA 12 I 150 1:08.91 TR
    2 26 Jan Bos NED 6 I 120 1:09.00 00.09
    3 8 Jeremy Wotherspoon CAN 10 O 105 1:09.34 00.43
    4 59 Aleksey Proshin RUS 7 I 90 1:09.56 00.65
    5 5 Denny Morrison CAN 5 O 75 1:09.61 00.70
    27 Stefan Groothuis NED 9 O 75 1:09.61 00.70
    7 32 Beorn Nijenhuis NED 3 I 40 1:09.84 00.93
    57 Yevgeny Lalenkov RUS 3 O 40 1:09.84 00.93
    9 38 Gerard van Velde NED 10 I 32 1:09.97 01.06
    10 10 Pekka Koskela FIN 2 I 28 1:10.17 01.26
    66 Casey FitzRandolph USA 11 O 28 1:10.17 01.26
    12 41 Petter Andersen NOR 7 O 21 1:10.18 01.27
    13 64 Joey Cheek USA 12 O 18 1:10.23 01.32
    14 45 Mikhael Flygind Larsen NOR 6 O 16 1:10.28 01.37
    15 48 Even Wetten NOR 11 I 14 1:10.49 01.58
    16 33 Remco Olde Heuvel NED 9 I 12 1:10.54 01.63
    17 58 Dmitry Lobkov RUS 1 I 10 1:10.99 02.08
    18 61 Eric Zachrisson SWE 5 I 8 1:11.15 02.24
    19 22 Takaharu Nakajima JPN 4 I 6 1:11.42 02.51
    20 11 Mika Poutala FIN 2 O 4 1:11.84 02.93
    21 14 Dino Gillarduzzi GER 4 O 2 1:11.95 03.04
    22 25 Kyou-Hyuk Lee KOR 8 O 1 1:13.04 04.13
    9 Janne Hänninen FIN 8 I DQ DQ

Now, do I need to publish the 5000m result (to show Hedrick finished ahead of Davis?

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Pete or whatever your name is... I've had enough of your nastiness. Please go away and stay away. Maybe you can marry Shani's mother. Sounds like you have similar personalities.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    I believe you will be proved wrong as regards Shani dropping off the map.
    His whole sport dropped off the map until 2010. All most Americans will remember about him is his bad-attitude interview. That may help him in the 'hood, but screwed him on a lot of potential endorsements. The guys in the 'hood ain't buying ice skates. Dumb. He'll have to wait four years for a chance for redemption.

And out of curiosity, what did possess you to wake up today and decide to go over to the T&FN boards, create an ID, log on and start beating the drums for your ice skating man SD??

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    I LOVE train wrecks! Peter Swenson joins the board TODAY, posts only about Speedskating, and already has picked a fight with TwitDeb! Where's xcfan when you need him?!

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    In ten years she will no longer be a twitty debby, she'll be a clucking matron, top clucker of all matronly cluckers, surrounded by their clutches of new twitty debbies.

I am afraid not.

Leave a comment:

• peterswenson
    replied
    Originally posted by twittering debutante
    Originally posted by bambam
    "Chicago media made a big deal about their hometown boy being the first African-American gold medalist, ..."

He was actually the first African-American gold medalist in an individual event - Vonetta Flowers won gold in 2-person bobsledding (female) in 2002.

This Peter Swenson guy is a real day at the beach, isn't he?
    You're right, bam, I was hesitant to say Davis was the first because I had recalled someone saying he wasn't the first. Thanks for clarifying in the interest of accuracy.

I don't know, if Peter Swenson wants to log on to a track and field site and write a Shani Davis love bouquet, that's up to him. Love is blind, as they say.
    Nobody who ever knew what he was talking about said Davis was the first African American gold medalist. As far as being on the map is concerned, Twit-Deb is right there when it comes to shallow, mean-spiritedness. In ten years she will no longer be a twitty debby, she'll be a clucking matron, top clucker of all matronly cluckers, surrounded by their clutches of new twitty debbies.

Nothing wrong with love, admiration, respect, friendship, empathy, sympathy. Some people understand that. Sour, shallow, pinched, squawky hens like Twit-D won't get it. Cluck, cluck, scratch, scratch!

Leave a comment:

• peterswenson
    replied
    Re: Hedrick beats Davis (but loses)

Originally posted by slowcoach
    The title to this thread is incorrect.

Hedrick beat Davis in Holland.

Just the facts, Jack...
    Davis beat Hedrick in the 1000. He took first place today. That's a fact.

Leave a comment:

• peterswenson
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Tandfman: You're right, that's a good question. What officials were responsible for the scheduling?
    You're the one who assigned blame to the USOC. Normally, National Olympic Committees have nothing to do with the scheduling of Olympic events. I have no reason to think this one was any different.
    Tandfman: Fine, I stand corrected. No problem. It may well have been the ISU. My apologies to the USOC. Someone goofed big time in the scheduling.

Leave a comment:

• twittering debutante
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam
    "Chicago media made a big deal about their hometown boy being the first African-American gold medalist, ..."

He was actually the first African-American gold medalist in an individual event - Vonetta Flowers won gold in 2-person bobsledding (female) in 2002.

You're right, bam, I was hesitant to say Davis was the first because I had recalled someone saying he wasn't the first. Thanks for clarifying in the interest of accuracy.

I don't know, if Peter Swenson wants to log on to a track and field site and write a Shani Davis love bouquet, that's up to him. Love is blind, as they say.

Leave a comment:

• bambam
    replied
    "Normally, National Olympic Committees have nothing to do with the scheduling of Olympic events. I have no reason to think this one was any different."

Olympic schedules for all sports are set by the respective International Federations (IFs) - in this case the ISU (International Skating Union). They submit a schedule to the IOC Executive Committee for approval, but these are usually approved unless there is some major problem. The schedules are usually set at least 1 year in advance, and sometimes even further out.

Leave a comment:

• bambam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slowcoach
    replied
    Hedrick beats Davis (but loses)

The title to this thread is incorrect.

Hedrick beat Davis in Holland.

Just the facts, Jack...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X