Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I read the book years ago and it was pretty good. I assume the online editor fell asleep on this one as the assumption here is this should be Bernard Purdie.
    Thanks. Autocorrection got me again. I've just corrected the error.

Comment

I guess I have lived a rather naive, sheltered life. I have heard of many of these bands but how do you know the names of the members?`

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        I guess I have lived a rather naive, sheltered life. I have heard of many of these bands but how do you know the names of the members?`
        Other than the Beatles or eponymous groups, the general public ordinarily does not know the full lineup of any band.

The fans and the record-buying public, back in the day, spent enough time reading album covers and liner notes to know the full lineup.

Today, with streaming or download the main source of owning (or renting) music collections, only the deeply committed fans know the players.
        wamego relays champ
        Last edited by wamego relays champ; 08-26-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Thanks. Autocorrection got me again. I've just corrected the error.
          I didn't realize you typed it out otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. I thought that came from published work.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Other than the Beatles or eponymous groups, the general public ordinarily does not know the full lineup of any band.

The fans and the record-buying public, back in the day, spent enough time reading album covers and liner notes to know the full lineup.

Today, with streaming or download the main source of owning (or renting) music collections, only the deeply committed fans know the players.
            It's inconceivable to me that all of the members of the Beatles and most of the Rolling Stones would be unknown to the general public if one considers themself a music fan. Maybe Ron Wood?

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I didn't realize you typed it out otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. I thought that came from published work.
              I stumbled upon a photo of that page from the book on Twitter. Wanted to share it here, but wasn't sure how it would look. Since it is relatively short, I decided to type it instead.

I know the guidelines say we're not supposed to point out spelling errors, but I don't mind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                Ha! Neither.
                The fact that I know their names just shows what an idle youth I had. You were probably out working in some field!!
                Also, I'm not sure Oklahoma was all that into the 60s international music scene. Probably more of that good ol' Country and Western stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Ha! Neither.
                  The fact that I know their names just shows what an idle youth I had. You were probably out working in some field!!
                  Also, I'm not sure Oklahoma was all that into the 60s international music scene. Probably more of that good ol' Country and Western stuff!
                  Yep. I was "sitting wells" in the oil fields of western Kansas. The only TV was in the cafes in Medicine Lodge, Garden City, and other metropolitan county seats. I did have a junkyard salvaged, AC radio in my no-frills, un-AC, 55 Chevy company car, in which I was logging 400 to 500 back road miles a day riding circuit, checking drill cutting samples on widely dispersed drilling wells... and never missing a piano recital or little league game back home in Wichita... basic training for my 1980s-90s million-mile courthouse odyssey.

Comment

Working...
                  X