Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important question about beer

When I was in high school some kid said that if you pour your beer in a soup bowl and eat it with a spoon, you get drunk from just one bottle, because, I don't know. Other guys said it's true, same thing if you drink beer with a straw.

Now that I think about it, this makes no sense. Surely the amount of alcohol you consume doesn't change.

Can somebody please do a practical experiment and let me know.

I have never eaten beer out of a soup bowl, but I have drunk it with a straw and didn't notice any difference compared to normal drinking.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
      Now that I think about it, this makes no sense.
      And you are correct, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
        I have never eaten beer out of a soup bowl, but I have drunk it with a straw and didn't notice any difference compared to normal drinking.
        You too? We used to sneak it into college convocations hidden in large McDonald's cups.

Comment

i suppose either bowl or straw might work, assuming that they create more "aerosolized" alcohol vapor which might be absorbed through the nose and go to the brain by a more direct route.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            i suppose either bowl or straw might work, assuming that they create more "aerosolized" alcohol vapor which might be absorbed through the nose and go to the brain by a more direct route.
            I think I did read that shaking up a can, putting your mouth over the pull tab as you pull it, does give you a quicker buzz. Tried it with a Pepsi and all I got was soda shooting out my nose.

Comment

I think yall are overthinking this. LOL!! Just drink the beer out of the damn can/bottle/glass and be done with it.

Comment

Now...does running the beer mile make you more drunk than simply swigging four bottles?

Comment

I knew a guy in college who could suppress the gag reflex. He could just pour a bottle or can of beer down his throat. A great stunt at fraternity parties.

PS - he died of kidney failure at the age of 18.

Comment

had a friend who could chug a beer while standing on his head - he got smart and started asking for money up front to do it at parties

Comment

I recall in college a challenge to drink a one ounce shot of beer every minute for an hour - sixty ounces or five cans/bottles. A college roommate did it and got pretty drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        I hoped someone would volunteer and try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X