Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    It goes beyond him thinking he's so smart, he seems to think that most people are rubes who can't recognize bullshit when they hear it, and they take offense when you try to play word games rather than speak with candor. He may have scored higher on his SAT than most of his teammates but I guarantee that everyone of them recognized his bullshit for what it is. Academic prowess and street savvy are 2 different things, and the fact that Rodgers thought his Pat McAfee interview would go over well shows that he's completely lacking in the latter. Here's Stephen A Smith's latest take on Rodgers:

https://youtu.be/QD2_lki1e5Q
    You get the sense that Rodgers doesn't want anyone to think he is a football player....but rather this smart guy who happens to play football. His contempt for other athletes is something. He just doesn't care....his behavior all summer about whether he would play for the Packers this fall showed that.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-09-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Poor boy...

Aaron Rodgers isn't happy with the way his decision not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 has been received.

The Green Bay Packers star is "upset" at the response to his recent admission that he is not vaccinated against COVID-19 after previously saying that he had been "immunized" against the virus, a source close to the NFL star tells PEOPLE.

The source says that Rodgers "feels like he just shared his point of view, and now he's being crucified for it."

"He knew some people would disagree with him, but he didn't know that it would become the s---storm it became. People who he thought were friends are turning on him," the source tells PEOPLE.

"He's upset," the insider adds. "He's very unhappy with the response to him."

https://people.com/sports/aaron-rodg...y-source-says/
      He continues to be disingenuous at best. I mentioned earlier that his entire strategy during the summer was seemingly to protect his advertising interests. That's likely why he used "immunized" over "not vaccinated". There would be no other reason to word it that way unless he was at the time afraid of the consequences he'd face if he simply was completely forthcoming. He was concerned it would cost him endorsements. So he's ummmm.....full of shit about being surprised at the reaction. He knew exactly what the reaction might be. He only made it more pronounced by being full of shit back in the summer as well.

Comment

It goes beyond him thinking he's so smart, he seems to think that most people are rubes who can't recognize bullshit when they hear it, and they take offense when you try to play word games rather than speak with candor. He may have scored higher on his SAT than most of his teammates but I guarantee that everyone of them recognized his bullshit for what it is. Academic prowess and street savvy are 2 different things, and the fact that Rodgers thought his Pat McAfee interview would go over well shows that he's completely lacking in the latter. Here's Stephen A Smith's latest take on Rodgers:

https://youtu.be/QD2_lki1e5Q
        ....and the McAfee show fits his strategy perfectly with it's WWE style and host.

Comment

• At the half way point in the season.

1.Cards...5-0 on the road!!!!
          2.Titans
          3.Buc's
          4.Packers
          5.Rams
          6.Cowboys
          7.Bills
          8.Ravens
          9.Chargers
          10.Browns

As we can see NFC heavy at the top, Ah....yes, no..???

Comment

• If you're a person with a lot of fame, power and/or wealth, it's always good to have someone close to you who's not dependent on you for anything to tell you when your slip is hanging. Otherwise you'll be surrounded by sycophants who are afraid of giving you the unvarnished truth.

Comment

If you're a person with a lot of fame, power and/or wealth, it's always good to have someone close to you who's not dependent on you for anything to tell you when your slip is hanging. Otherwise you'll be surrounded by sycophants who are afraid of giving you the unvarnished truth.
              That's exactly what happened. He's been BMOC for decades, with no one telling him "no" or "that's not such a good idea." Lebron suffers from this as well. Fancies himself an expert in so many areas, and often just sounds foolish. Rodgers' diva act had grown stale this Summer, now this really makes him hard to defend.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                The Raiders sure can pick 'em. Arnette and Ruggs were their two first-round draft picks in 2020. If you look around the Internet, you can still find the Twitter video of Arnette brandishing a major firearm and making his death threats.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-death-threats
                Just kill baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Just kill baby.
                  As a life-long Raiders fan, we're having a very disappointing season off the field. Grr...

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

That's exactly what happened. He's been BMOC for decades, with no one telling him "no" or "that's not such a good idea." Lebron suffers from this as well. Fancies himself an expert in so many areas, and often just sounds foolish. Rodgers' diva act had grown stale this Summer, now this really makes him hard to defend.
                    Rodgers might be somewhat grounded if he wasn't estranged from his family, but without his parents and siblings in the picture there are no truth tellers in the picture at all.

Comment

Rodgers might be somewhat grounded if he wasn't estranged from his family, but without his parents and siblings in the picture there are no truth tellers in the picture at all.
                      Yes, an almost universal response to such a situation. Someone mentioned that he is smart, especially for a football player, so his self-evaluation is very very skewed with all of the above-mentioned factors in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                        When I was on tour, Jack Nicklaus was like this as well. He was always pontificating in interviews about things he thought knew about than anyone else. The players' nickname for him on tour was "Carnac" because he thought he always knew the answer to all the questions having never before seen the questions. I think jazzy and scottmitchell are exactly right about the reason for this among big name athletes, who have been pandered to all their lives.

Comment

• Steph Curry tried to get more information on COVID so he conferred with Dr. Fauci. The GB QB tried to get more information so he conferred with Joe Rogan and "about a dozen friends of mine."

https://mobile.twitter.com/annkillio...74059250794500

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            That's likely why he used "immunized" over "not vaccinated".
                            I don't understand why the word choice matters. as others have pointed out, it's a flat-out lie how he phrased it. Immunized, vaccinated, inoculated, "i've received my COVID shots"... these are all synonyms and are equivalent statements.

Comment

• I like Rodgers and he realizes he's too big to really be messed with. He's without question the most interesting QB we got right now.

Comment

• The guy is a lying shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X