Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Tell that to all those QB's who scored less than 35.

Anyone who can handle an NFL playbook is no moron.
    Yeah, that's really difficult - if I say Red Right 72 - you block there, you block there, and you run over there

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

48 for Ryan Fitzpatrick and 28 for Peyton Manning sound about right. They scored 1580 and 1030 on the SAT respectively. My guess is that Aaron Rodgers would score about 1200 on the SAT which isn't bad but it's nothing to brag about either. Rodgers reminds me of Alfredo Corleone when he talks about being a critical thinker. Do you remember this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9E9n6GHC8

Who talks like except for insecure people such a certain politician who shall remain nameless?
      The Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I talk about this all the time with my 21 and 18 year old daughters who are more and more coming into contact with the gen-pop and get frustrated with how people act. It's very fascinating how this phenomenon plays out. Mostly I find myself pep-talking my oldest, who is very intelligent but always beats herself up and "feels dumb" as she progresses through her classes in college. Anyhow...

I wonder if this is what's happening with Rodgers, though? My opinion; I think he's just suffering from douche-bag BMOC syndrome.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I had to use the google machine for this one. Only on this message board will you hear these sort of terms. 😎

What Rodgers, Kyrie Irving others like them seem to believe is that they have no responsibility to society as a whole and their only responsibility is to themselves. They don't appreciate that one of the primary reasons for mass vaccinations besides individual protection is to stop diseases from spreading in order to keep schools open, keep the economy going and keep hospitals from being overrun. I doubt that polio or small pox could have ever been defeated if this attitude had been as prevalent in the past as it is today.
          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-10-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I talk about this all the time with my 21 and 18 year old daughters who are more and more coming into contact with the gen-pop and get frustrated with how people act. It's very fascinating how this phenomenon plays out. Mostly I find myself pep-talking my oldest, who is very intelligent but always beats herself up and "feels dumb" as she progresses through her classes in college. Anyhow...

I wonder if this is what's happening with Rodgers, though? My opinion; I think he's just suffering from douche-bag BMOC syndrome.
            I like that - the DBBMOC syndrome

Comment

I had to use the google machine for this one. Only on this message board will you hear these sort of terms. 😎

What Rodgers, Kyrie Irving others like them seem to believe is that they have no responsibility to society as a whole and their only responsibility is to themselves. They don't appreciate that one of the primary reasons for mass vaccinations besides individual protection is to stop diseases from spreading in order to keep schools open, keep the economy going and keeping hospitals from being overrun. I doubt that polio or small pox could have ever been defeated if this attitude had been as prevalent in the past as it is today.
              Jazzy is right on here. For the people refusing vaccines and saying "Its my right to not have a vaccine" I'm always reminded of a famous quote, that gets said several ways and apparently no one is sure of the original source, about a right to throw a punch. "Your right to throw that punch ends where my nose begins." We do have basic rights but as jazzy said, we have a responsibility to society and other human beings as well.

Comment

Jazzy is right on here. For the people refusing vaccines and saying "Its my right to not have a vaccine" I'm always reminded of a famous quote, that gets said several ways and apparently no one is sure of the original source, about a right to throw a punch. "Your right to throw that punch ends where my nose begins." We do have basic rights but as jazzy said, we have a responsibility to society and other human beings as well.
                Another reason for young healthy people to get vaccinated is to protect kids who are too young to get vaccinated and immunocompromised people, such as very elderly folks and cancer patients, for whom the vaccine isn't as effective as it is for other folks. It's inevitable that a lot of folks like Colin Powell will die prematurely because these selfish people.

Comment

Another reason for young healthy people to get vaccinated is to protect kids who are too young to get vaccinated and immunocompromised people, such as very elderly folks and cancer patients, for whom the vaccine isn't as effective as it is for other folks. It's inevitable that a lot of folks like Colin Powell will die prematurely because these selfish people.
                  Yeah, I have a friend who has had a kidney transplant and is on all sorts of immuno-suppressive drugs, of course. He has had 4 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and tells me he would get a dose every month if they let him do it - he's that scared of getting COVID with his risk factors.

Comment

What Rodgers, Kyrie Irving others like them seem to believe is that they have no responsibility to society as a whole and their only responsibility is to themselves. They don't appreciate that one of the primary reasons for mass vaccinations besides individual protection is to stop diseases from spreading in order to keep schools open, keep the economy going and keep hospitals from being overrun. I doubt that polio or small pox could have ever been defeated if this attitude had been as prevalent in the past as it is today.
                    Someone passed this to me a few days ago after the Rodgers story came out. I'm not sure how true any or all of it is and have no desire to check the facts but I figure we have enough medical people on the board that it can either be confirmed or given the kibosh.

There is a viral disease

Where most infections are mild, asymptomatic

With a very low fatality rate

And large age gradient: kids are even lower risk than adults

And less than 1% of kids have any serious complications at all

Yup

Polio

And we vaccinate against it

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Someone passed this to me a few days ago after the Rodgers story came out. I'm not sure how true any or all of it is and have no desire to check the facts but I figure we have enough medical people on the board that it can either be confirmed or given the kibosh.
                      Hmm...if that's accurate I'd be very interested in that study.

By the way: I'm really torn...really. I am vaccinated, in fact my whole family is, but I find myself chaffing at the idea of mandates. I understand and agree with what Jazzy wrote above, yet mandate is a strong word that causes instant spine and lip stiffening among many, many people. That's why I like study-supported facts. I can present the info to the reluctant and hopefully, maybe nudge them. One thing I can promise you, especially you who live in Blue areas and may not experience this as much, is that mandate is a dirty word in Red areas. Of course, I'm pretty sure that's a dirty word everywhere, it just depends on what's being mandated.

I'd rather convince than mandate. I'm afraid, however, that ship has sailed. Brow-beating is too much fun! πŸ˜€πŸ‘
                      Last edited by scottmitchell74; 11-10-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

CDC....

Symptoms

Most people who get infected with poliovirus (about 72 out of 100) will not have any visible symptoms.

About 1 out of 4 people (or 25 out of 100) with poliovirus infection will have flu-like symptoms that may include:
                        • Sore throat
                        • Fever
                        • Tiredness
                        • Nausea
                        • Headache
                        • Stomach pain

These symptoms usually last 2 to 5 days, then go away on their own.

A smaller proportion of people (much less than one out of 100, or 1-5 out of 1000) with poliovirus infection will develop other, more serious symptoms that affect the brain and spinal cord:
                        • Paresthesia (feeling of pins and needles in the legs)
                        • Meningitis (infection of the covering of the spinal cord and/or brain) occurs in about 1 out of 25 people with poliovirus infection
                        • Paralysis (can’t move parts of the body) or weakness in the arms, legs, or both, occurs in about 1 out of 200 people with poliovirus infection

Paralysis is the most severe symptom associated with polio, because it can lead to permanent disability and death. Between 2 and 10 out of 100 people who have paralysis from poliovirus infection die, because the virus affects the muscles that help them breathe.

https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/index.htm

Comment

• I'd rather convince than mandate. I'm afraid, however, that ship has sailed. Brow-beating is too much fun!

Convincing doesn't work....the vaccines have been around for months and work extraordinary well with very few side effects....and still the non vaxxers won't listen.

The mandates have done wonders on getting the reluctant vaccinated.

Mandates have been around for ages. Children have been mandated to be vaccinated for various diseases for years now to attend school.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Hmm...if that's accurate I'd be very interested in that study.

By the way: I'm really torn...really. I am vaccinated, in fact my whole family is, but I find myself chaffing at the idea of mandates. I understand and agree with what Jazzy wrote above, yet mandate is a strong word that causes instant spine and lip stiffening among many, many people. That's why I like study-supported facts. I can present the info to the reluctant and hopefully, maybe nudge them. One thing I can promise you, especially you who live in Blue areas and may not experience this as much, is that mandate is a dirty word in Red areas. Of course, I'm pretty sure that's a dirty word everywhere, it just depends on what's being mandated.

I'd rather convince than mandate. I'm afraid, however, that ship has sailed. Brow-beating is too much fun! πŸ˜€πŸ‘
                            It is possible to believe that anyone who doesn't get vaccinated is a dumbass but also be opposed to government-mandated vaccines (mandates by the private sector are a different matter). It's similar to being opposed to racism while defending the KKK's right to hold a rally. On the other hand, some might argue that refusing to get vaccinated while using public spaces is the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Comment

• We all handed this mess in our own way, havng to make it up as we went because we had no experience dealing with this. To think anyone is some moron over this stuff, hahahaha!!!

Ok, bored with it, getting back to NFL football.

Trend

The Falcons on the road AGAIN vs a Cowboys team coming off a loss at home AGAIN. Cowboys in a lock.

Comment

It is possible to believe that anyone who doesn't get vaccinated is a dumbass but also be opposed to government-mandated vaccines (mandates by the private sector are a different matter). It's similar to being opposed to racism while defending the KKK's right to hold a rally. On the other hand, some might argue that refusing to get vaccinated while using public spaces is the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater.
                                To this day I regret not looking you up when I was in NOLA.

Comment

Working...
                                X