Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

So why no chatter here about one of the most popular sports we have?
    ??? This site has tons of international folk, so there may not be a critical mass of NFL fans to spur discussion.

To get my baseball fix a go to a dedicated baseball chat board.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Yeah, the number of tracksters on a football team are irrelevant to me.
      Grant Holloway was a stud footballer in HS, here is Devon Allen

Comment

[QUOTE=scottmitchell74;n172

??? This site has tons of international folk, so there may not be a critical mass of NFL fans to spur discussion.

To get my baseball fix a go to a dedicated baseball chat board. [/QUOTE]

We talk NCAA football here with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

That's a good point but though this is a track and field site, we still have a lot of interest in discussing college football here for whatever reason. I explained my reasons but I don't know what everyone else's reasons are. Are you more of a Buckeyes fan or a Browns or Bengals fan?

Comment

Grant Holloway was a stud footballer in HS, here is Devon Allen
            It seems that you watch track meets because it features football players and you watch football games because it features tracksters. Most people aren't drawn to sports for those reasons.

Comment

That's a good point but though this is a track and field site, we still have a lot of interest in discussing college football here for whatever reason. I explained my reasons but I don't know what everyone else's reasons are. Are you more of a Buckeyes fan or a Browns or Bengals fan?
              Actually the Raiders, thanks to Plunkett, King, Van Eeghan, Branch and Co. The Raiders hold by far my highest loyalties, and longest running.

My loyalties are:
              Raiders!

Buckeyes and Orioles in a tight race for 2nd on my fan anxiety list although the Os are so terrible it's hard to get worked up.

The Browns

Mount Union Purple Raiders
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

It seems that you watch track meets because it features football players and you watch football games because it features tracksters. Most people aren't drawn to sports for those reasons.
                Most people who follow both sports will be aware of track guys on the football teams. I competed in both sports, a sprinter/running back/cornerback.

Not into football because of track at all, but when ya watch Devon Allen hurdling after watching him catching passes, there it is.

Last edited by Alcyallen; 09-13-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Most people who follow both sports will be aware of track guys on the football teams. I competed in both sports, a sprinter/running back/cornerback.

Not into football because of track at all, but when ya watch Devon Allen hurdling after watching him catching passes, there it is.
                  Being aware of something doesn't mean you're going to think it's worthy of discussion. I don't think tracksters have been mentioned one time on this year's college football thread, but there's been plenty of discussion about college football. This thread which you presumably started to discuss NFL football but I notice you don't have anything to say about yesterday's games.

Comment

Being aware of something doesn't mean you're going to think it's worthy of discussion. I don't think tracksters have been mentioned one time on this year's college football thread, but there's been plenty of discussion about college football. This thread which you presumably started to discuss NFL football but I notice you don't have anything to say about yesterday's games.
                    Actually I said this...

NFL Football

Today, 01:07 AM
                    There have been tons of former tracksters play pro football TONS, so why is it nobody here seems to care about the game?

Thinking around 20ish Olympians have played pro football.

So why the lack of interest in the NFL?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was wondering why nobody else here ever talks NFL football. No NFL thread like you have with NCAA football, just seems a bit ...???? A sport with tons of the track athletes in it yet nobody seems to care.

Comment

I start a college football thread every year because I love college football. I don't waste all my time discussing 2-sport stars, I discuss the games. DrJay usually starts the annual college basketball thread because he loves college basketball where folks go to discuss college basketball. I have a hunch that if you start talking about the games folks might have something to say but the "tracksters who play football" thread has already been done to death.

Comment

I start a college football thread every year because I love college football. I don't waste all my time discussing 2-sport stars, I discuss the games. DrJay usually starts the annual college basketball thread because he loves college basketball where folks go to discuss college basketball. I have a hunch that if you start talking about the games folks might have something to say but the "tracksters who play football" thread has already been done to death.
                        i never waste my time talking any sport, I waste my time talking politics other places. Sports is always a good time.

Where is that thread about "tracksters in football" at?

it just seemed weird that a sport like the NFL wouldn't be talked about here, but no biggie tons of places that is all NFL.

Comment

So why the lack of interest in the NFL?
                          Was wondering why nobody else here ever talks NFL football.
                          There are LITERALLY HUNDREDS of sites to discuss the NFL; feel free to avail yourself.

Some of us here like to follow college football because of our collegiate experiences. It has nothing to do with track & field at all, and I'm not interested enough to go to a college football forum.
                          Jazz and guru and their ilk give me just enough info to enlighten my fan interest. I find the NFL much less interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

There are LITERALLY HUNDREDS of sites to discuss the NFL; feel free to avail yourself.

Some of us here like to follow college football because of our collegiate experiences. It has nothing to do with track & field at all, and I'm not interested enough to go to a college football forum.
                            Jazz and guru and their ilk give me just enough info to enlighten my fan interest. I find the NFL much less interesting.
                            What does how many NFL sites there are have to do with why the NFL isn't talked about here, but the NCAA is? And the reason there are ALL those NFL sites is because of the sports popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I've long been amazed at how little baseball discussion we have here.

Comment

i never waste my time talking any sport, I waste my time talking politics other places. Sports is always a good time.

Where is that thread about "tracksters in football" at?

it just seemed weird that a sport like the NFL wouldn't be talked about here, but no biggie tons of places that is all NFL.
                                Why won't YOU talk about yesterday's games?

Comment

Working...
                                X