• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
    UOP = Dick Bass
    The Citadel = Stump Mitchell
    You got it....

Bass was from Vallejo, when he was in HS my cousin Eva Deans boyfriend/husband to be was the other RB beside Bass who was the best RB in the nation HS level.

What is Stumps real first name?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The NHL suspended a player for 21 games {26% of the season). I wonder what the NFL is gong to do.
      I see Dr. Stroud is on the case again. The story seems to be in dispute. Brown doesn't need any help in the staying out of the wrong side of stories department but the reporter has a track record of reporting on stories which appear to be done so prior to checking his sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

You got it....

Bass was from Vallejo, when he was in HS my cousin Eva Deans boyfriend/husband to be was the other RB beside Bass who was the best RB in the nation HS level.

What is Stumps real first name?
        I don't know Stump's name but I fondly remember his awesome 5.5 ypc season that got him his 1000. St. Louis Cardinals.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I don't know Stump's name but I fondly remember his awesome 5.5 ypc season that got him his 1000. St. Louis Cardinals.
          Lyvonia....is his name.

He has a career average of 4.7 and had 4 seasons averaging 5.4 or better, a little stud.

Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-19-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

UOP = Dick Bass
            The Citadel = Stump Mitchell
            and to be really precise, Bass went to COP

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

and to be really precise, Bass went to COP
              When talking NFL running backs UOP can only mean Dick Bass. University of Pacific in Stockton Not unlike ACU...Abilene Christian University or FSU or UNLV.USC. UCLA.

Comment

When talking NFL running backs UOP can only mean Dick Bass. University of Pacific in Stockton
                What Garry's saying is that the school was called College of the Pacific when Dick Bass was there. It changed to University of the Pacific in 1961 - Bass already with Rams by then. Eddie LeBaron was another prominent COP player from the 1940s-1950s who starred in the NFL. And they had a fairly good (as in Hall of Fame) coach by the name of Amos Alonzo Stagg.
                Last edited by J Rorick; 11-19-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

What Garry's saying is that the school was called College of the Pacific when Dick Bass was there. It changed to University of the Pacific in 1961 - Bass already with Rams by then. Eddie LeBaron was another prominent COP player from the 1940s-1950s who starred in the NFL. And they had a fairly good (as in Hall of Fame) coach by the name of Amos Alonzo Stagg.
                  Well I'll be damn, didn't know that. So I stand corrected and learned something new, which is always a good thing. Thank you~~~~

Apparently while in HS Bass was the nations top HS RB kind of curious why COP and not some what Pac 8 school?

Knew about LeBaron all 5-7of him and Stagg, No track guys of merit that I know of.
                  Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-20-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

..., No track guys of merit that I know of.
                    Jim Corson of Pacific won the '27 NCAA discus

Comment

• Meanwhile....

So is Aaron Rodgers' toe problem connected to Covid? He said it's not turf toe, and it didn't become an issue until after he got Covid. And for some ppl, "Covid toe" - swollen toes, often with lesions - is so painful that they find it hard to wear shoes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesSuro...20228883177474

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

Jim Corson of Pacific won the '27 NCAA discus
                        Thank's, how I missed that, sheesh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          Meanwhile....

So is Aaron Rodgers' toe problem connected to Covid? He said it's not turf toe, and it didn't become an issue until after he got Covid. And for some ppl, "Covid toe" - swollen toes, often with lesions - is so painful that they find it hard to wear shoes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesSuro...20228883177474
                          Rodgers is one of top 3/4 QB's in the history of the NFL. A Mount Rushmore guy. And all you can talk about is.....hahahaha!!!!!

Comment

• Jonathan Taylor has rushed for over 1000 yards every season since HS, what a stud, he belongs in that Herschel Walker, Marcus Dupree, Bo Jackson gang, which is big and fast.

As of right now he is the best RB in football.

Comment

Rodgers is one of top 3/4 QB's in the history of the NFL. A Mount Rushmore guy. And all you can talk about is...
                              ....how dumb he is.......Rodgers is a moron to not get vaccinated.

Comment

Jonathan Taylor has rushed for over 1000 yards every season since HS, what a stud, he belongs in that Herschel Walker, Marcus Dupree, Bo Jackson gang, which is big and fast.

As of right now he is the best RB in football.
                                At least until Derrick Henry comes off of IR.

Comment

Working...
                                X