Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

    ....how dumb he is.......Rodgers is a moron to not get vaccinated.
    So a persons intellect is judged by being vaccinated or not, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Those who got the booster far smarter than those who didn't....right?

    Dude, you are making way too big a deal out of this, really!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

      At least until Derrick Henry comes off of IR.
      Taylor is way ahead of Henry at the same stage of the career. Henry is the inferior receiver and slower, really don't see him as the superior RB at all.

      Henry didn't have a 1000 yard season until his third, Taylor his first two both over a 1000.

      Taylor gained over 6000 yards at Wisconsin, scored 55 TD's, Henry less 3000 at Bama with 45 TD'S.

      As an NFL rookie, over a 1000
      As an NFL second season over a 1000, that is over 8000 yards in five seasons....whoa!!!!
      Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-22-2021, 09:24 PM.

      Comment


      • I've been pleased to see Taylor live up to his Wisconsin promise. But, Henry is the current king.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          I've been pleased to see Taylor live up to his Wisconsin promise. But, Henry is the current king.
          Henry averages 4.9 an NFL carry, Taylor a 5,4. Taylor far more potent in the pass receiving game, so....???

          Like I mentioned what JT is doing his first two NFL seasons far superior to what Henry did in his.
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-22-2021, 10:19 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

            Henry averages 4.9 an NFL carry, Taylor a 5,4. Taylor far more potent in the pass receiving game, so....???

            Like I mentioned what JT is doing his first two NFL seasons far superior to what Henry did in his.
            As I recall, Henry was a backup his first 2 years. Might've started near end of 2nd year but didn't become a featured back until his 3rd year.

            They're both great backs, obviously the 2 best. I'd put a sleeper Najee Harris as the 3rd best, but I'm prejudiced because he's a Bay Area guy. And another Bay Area guy (Joe Mixon) might be 4th. But I may be getting carried away with the Bay Area bias. They were definitely the 2 best Bay Area HS backs of this millennium. Back to D.J. Williams in the 1990s.

            Oh yeah, forgot about Christian McCaffrey.
            Last edited by J Rorick; 11-23-2021, 06:39 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

              As I recall, Henry was a backup his first 2 years. Might've started near end of 2nd year but didn't become a featured back until his 3rd year.

              They're both great backs, obviously the 2 best. I'd put a sleeper Najee Harris as the 3rd best, but I'm prejudiced because he's a Bay Area guy. And another Bay Area guy (Joe Mixon) might be 4th. But I may be getting carried away with the Bay Area bias. They were definitely the 2 best Bay Area HS backs of this millennium. Back to D.J. Williams in the 1990s.

              Oh yeah, forgot about Christian McCaffrey.
              Wow. Me too! Recency-bias. Until he started getting hurt all the time, he was in the conversation.

              Okay. When talking about current best, I don't see how Henry's first couple of seasons have any bearing. He's the current best.

              That said, Taylor seems to be on a rocket trajectory that might just well have him as best soon.

              He reminds me of a faster Curtis Martin coupled with a more fit looking Marshall Faulk. Weird that his team and # are Faulk's as well.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

                Taylor is way ahead of Henry at the same stage of the career. Henry is the inferior receiver and slower, really don't see him as the superior RB at all.

                Henry didn't have a 1000 yard season until his third, Taylor his first two both over a 1000.

                Taylor gained over 6000 yards at Wisconsin, scored 55 TD's, Henry less 3000 at Bama with 45 TD'S.

                As an NFL rookie, over a 1000
                As an NFL second season over a 1000, that is over 8000 yards in five seasons....whoa!!!!
                Keep in mind that at Alabama, there has been a plethora of good RBs, and they share carries quite a lot/. Historically, in college, Henry was called upon to run straight through the middle in tough situations. He also played with some outstanding receivers, so the overall play mix was pretty broad.

                Comment


                • Meanwhile...the latest the NFL's biggest moron...

                  Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers doesn't practice because of toe injury but will play vs. Los Angeles Rams

                  Rodgers did not practice Friday, making him a nonparticipant all week. A week earlier, he at least got a few reps in the Friday practice leading up to last Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings -- a game in which Rodgers started slowly but was nearly unstoppable after halftime, leading touchdown drives on every second-half possession.

                  Rodgers on Wednesday cleared up some of the mystery surrounding his toe injury, which he said happened during his COVID-19 quarantine, and left open the possibility that he could have surgery during next week's bye as long as it wouldn't keep him out of any games.

                  "It comes down to managing the pain," Rodgers said earlier this week.


                  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-angeles-rams

                  Comment


                  • Broadcasters casually report Aaron Rodgers took a painkilling shot for his pinkie toe. No mention of the irony that he won’t take a Covid shot.

                    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonallend...71589276409860

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      Broadcasters casually report Aaron Rodgers took a painkilling shot for his pinkie toe. No mention of the irony that he won’t take a Covid shot.https://mobile.twitter.com/jonallend...71589276409860
                      So? I'm sure Joe Rogan told him to take it.

                      Comment


                      • Aaron Rodgers putting on a show, what an amazing QB, the best in the game today.

                        Might see the end of another great QB tonight, the great Russell Wilson, ah....as far as a Seattle QB goes, another loss and they are done.

                        Comment


                        • Wildly talented McCaffrey out again. He's becoming very injury prone.

                          J. Taylor is swiftly becoming my new fav.

                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                          Comment


                          • Is there a luckier head coach in the NFL than Ron Rivera? Leading by 8, a little over 2 minutes remaining in game, 4th down and goal from the 4 yard line and he doesn't kick a field goal to put his team ahead by 11...he goes for the TD and is the luckiest guy on the planet that Seattle did not convert the 2 pt. try after scoring and then some technicality costs Seattle a last chance when they appeared to have recovered on side kick. How does this guy still have a job?
                            Last edited by SoCal45; 11-30-2021, 04:30 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

                              So a persons intellect is judged by being vaccinated or not, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Those who got the booster far smarter than those who didn't....right?

                              Dude, you are making way too big a deal out of this, really!
                              except that un-vaccinated people are far and away the over whelming majority of those getting and spreading the new variant: according to an epidemiologist in South Africa...ask the families of those who refused to get vaxx'd and then died if it is making too big a deal out of it...my cousin is one of them! If 90% of the people had gotten vaccinated this thing would have been over long ago.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                                except that un-vaccinated people are far and away the over whelming majority of those getting and spreading the new variant: according to an epidemiologist in South Africa...ask the families of those who refused to get vaxx'd and then died if it is making too big a deal out of it...my cousin is one of them! If 90% of the people had gotten vaccinated this thing would have been over long ago.
                                Sorry about your cousin.

                                Thing is we have other places here to talk about covid, this thread is about football.

                                Hell, watched over 100 thousand people crammed together at the Mich vs OSU game, nobody concerned with covid at all. Then after the game....there stands the TV person standing six feet from the coach to talk to him, hahaha!!!!

                                I think we have all figured out by now, athletes deal with covid a lot different than old/fat/weak people do.
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 11-30-2021, 04:52 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X