Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Of anything which might be wrong with the Bills, the QB is close to last on the list.
    on the final drive he missed 2 open receivers

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
      I'll trade you even-up for T Lawrence, who either throws strikes or wild pitches. Dabo musta taught him to throw the ball away unless the receiver is wide open, cuz he sure likes lobbing it 20y behind the bench.

Comment

Was that with or against the wind?

Comment

• Final drive was against the wind. Allen did throw a beautiful long pass that Stephone Diggs had trouble adjusting to and ultimately dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
            Final drive was against the wind. Allen did throw a beautiful long pass that Stephone Diggs had trouble adjusting to and ultimately dropped.
            When you miss (don't throw to) an open receiver who could have easily made a first down inside the 5 yard line(10 yard pass) and throw to a covered receiver in the end zone with a possible playoff berth on the line that is not good....and the wind had nothing to do with it.

Comment

When you miss (don't throw to) an open receiver who could have easily made a first down inside the 5 yard line(10 yard pass) and throw to a covered receiver in the end zone with a possible playoff berth on the line that is not good....and the wind had nothing to do with it.
              Actually the wind had a lot to do with it which is why we saw 2-3 for 19 from the other guys.

Comment

• The Colts have had a slew of Hall of Fame RB's, Jonathan Taylor is on the brink of breaking a slew of franchise records in only his second season. 225 pounder with 4.3/10.4 jets with some wiggle, he left Wisconsin having one of the great NCAA careers. Has gained over a 1000 yards a season every year since his junior season in HS. If Derrick Henry is the King then Jonathan Taylor has gotta be the Prince.

Comment

• Derrick Henry's style doesn't seem conducive to a long career.

Comment

• I fear you are right, jazzy. At Bama, he was used almost exclusively to go up the middle, and took a lot of physical abuse. While his size makes him more difficult to bring down, it also means he faces greater impact force when ramming into a 330 lb lineman.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Derrick Henry's style doesn't seem conducive to a long career.
                      Mmmaybee...

The thing is, you never know. Earl Campbell (who also had a physical condition speeding his decline) is the classic burn-out example. However, Walter Payton was utterly violent and was 20+ carries a game for over a decade...and was awesome well into his 30's.

Using Campbell again; I know I would much rather have his insanely great, legendary peak than, say, Warrick Dunn's nice, long but much less spectacular career. Or Earnest Byner, or Ricky Watters. Good-to-great pros, but nobody that's thought of as legendary. The very solid Byner is best remembered for a fumble. Watters is best remembered for getting over-excited with a 5 yard run as a rookie. Campbell has dozens of iconic plays and games that will outlive us on this board. Just my little take.

You just never know...and I hate, absolutely hate this idea of "saving" RBs. For what? Their late-20's/early 30's when they'll decline anyway? Hate it. Henry has been pretty healthy until this recent injury. Who knows how long he'll last? Let the man run! The thing is with workload is that some guys can, some guys can't. Dickerson's work load was epically high. He did hit the wall by 30, but we now know that's standard. His career was amazing. Emmet and Barry - tons of carries, long careers. You can save guys for the "what if" because that "what if" may never come anyway.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Why is the post I made "Unapproved?" Ah!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                          Why is the post I made "Unapproved?" Ah!
                          because sometimes the stupid app has a mind of its own; worthy of being a Microsoft product

Comment

• Scott, I never advocated "saving" running backs. I simply stated that Henry's style (straight-ahead bulldozer) was not conducive for a long career, as opposed to Barry Sanders' style (avoid tacklers at all costs) which was. If I were his coach I might run him onto the ground, a la Earl Campbell, but I wouldn't expect him to be productive pass age 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              Scott, I never advocated "saving" running backs. I simply stated that Henry's style (straight-ahead bulldozer) was not conducive for a long career, as opposed to Barry Sanders' style (avoid tacklers at all costs) which was. If I were his coach I might run him onto the ground, a la Earl Campbell, but I wouldn't expect him to be productive pass age 30.
                              Oh, I know. Ha! My screed was more about the sports talking heads and even franchises that bring this up ad nauseum. It drives me batty.

My main point being - concerning workload - you don't know until you try.

Sorry if my rant seemed directed at you.

Comment

• I would say the poster-boy for what not to do as a Running Back is Marshawn Lynch's 'Beast Mode', in which he tried to inflict more damage on the tackler than vice-versa, That was great for SportsCenter hi-lites, but ultimately cost him in bodily wear-and-tear.

Comment

Working...
                                X