Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I would say the poster-boy for what not to do as a Running Back is Marshawn Lynch's 'Beast Mode', in which he tried to inflict more damage on the tackler than vice-versa, That was great for SportsCenter hi-lites, but ultimately cost him in bodily wear-and-tear.
    I disagree. Seems to me that Lynch used his upper-body strength to ward off would-be tacklers, thereby avoiding lower-body wear-and-tear. During his NFL career, Lynch played in twelve seasons, and rushed for over 10,000 yards, at a rate of 4.2 yards per attempt. By league standards, that is a relatively long—and successful—career for a running back. In 2007, his rookie season, he averaged 4.0 yards per attempt (280 attempts). In 2017, his first season with the Raiders, he averaged 4.3 yards per attempt (207 attempts). No significant decline there, at the relatively advanced age of 31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
      I disagree. Seems to me that Lynch used his upper-body strength to ward off would-be tacklers, thereby avoiding lower-body wear-and-tear. During his NFL career, Lynch played in twelve seasons, and rushed for over 10,000 yards, at a rate of 4.2 yards per attempt. By league standards, that is a relatively long—and successful—career for a running back. In 2007, his rookie season, he averaged 4.0 yards per attempt (280 attempts). In 2017, his first season with the Raiders, he averaged 4.3 yards per attempt (207 attempts). No significant decline there, at the relatively advanced age of 31.
      CTE TBD.

Comment

CTE TBD.
        Always a risk for every football player, not just those with catchy nicknames. For what it's worth, I found no evidence that Lynch ever suffered a concussion. We know, we know: CTE can arise from lesser impacts. Nevertheless, note that his NFL career exactly coincides with the league's unsuccessful attempts to address the concussion issue, so it may have been more difficult for him to hide such an injury than it was for his predecessors.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Derrick Henry's style doesn't seem conducive to a long career.
          I would go with only expecting to pay two contracts at the most for any RB, six seasons then move on to younger legs, so many running backs out there,

Comment

• As of right now my top 10

1.Packers
            2.Cards
            3.Buc's
            4.Pats
            5.Chiefs
            6.Cowboys
            7.Bills
            8.Rams
            9.Ravens
            10.Titans

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

I would go with only expecting to pay two contracts at the most for any RB, six seasons then move on to younger legs, so many running backs out there,
              Yeah...but then you miss 1/2 of Walter, Barry, Emmett, Riggins. Can you imagine missing out on those guy's late-20s early 30s? Maybe with the insane amount of $ these days that's just the reality, but still...the fear of missing out...
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Always a risk for every football player, not just those with catchy nicknames. For what it's worth, I found no evidence that Lynch ever suffered a concussion. We know, we know: CTE can arise from lesser impacts. Nevertheless, note that his NFL career exactly coincides with the league's unsuccessful attempts to address the concussion issue, so it may have been more difficult for him to hide such an injury than it was for his predecessors.
                Beastmode is so out there sometimes, it may have been difficult to determine anyway.

Comment

• Steelers-Vikings is why you never turn off a game. You can't have a great comeback if one team doesn't go down big.

Comment

Lynch was indeed a rare case. But keep in mind that his upper body strength was only effective when his lower body was in contact with the ground.

"It's worse than that, it's Physics, Jim!" - Star Trekkin'

Comment

• How much longer will the Urban Meyer fiasco go on?

https://www.nfl.com/news/tension-boi...-players-staff
                      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-13-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

A shutdown corner at the NCAA level.
                        From the Sunday night game, in case you missed it:

Comment

• That corner, Eric Stokes, ran 10.39 in HS (Ga).

Comment

That corner, Eric Stokes, ran 10.39 in HS (Ga).
                            Per HST Stokes ran legal 10.40 as a HS junior in 2016 and a windy 10.39 in 2017.

Comment

• Like me, ESPN hasn't gotten used to a 17 game NFL schedule either. On their Stats page they will give a player's season total to-date and the player's "projected " stats (which is both fun and pointless). Well, their projections are still based on a 16-game schedule.

I love the NFL, but I will always resent moving away from the 16-game schedule. It was nice and tidy and things divide by 16 much easier than by 17. The Big numbers: 1000, 2000, 4000, and so on divided nicely by 16.

17's only street-cred is being a prime #, but in this context I hate its guts.

Comment

• A few things.....

Urban Myers is gone, yep....fired!

Starting to finally get worried about this covid thing, will it screw things up?

As of right now my Superbowl....Packers vs Chiefs

Comment

Working...
                                X