Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

There are LITERALLY HUNDREDS of sites to discuss the NFL; feel free to avail yourself.

Some of us here like to follow college football because of our collegiate experiences. It has nothing to do with track & field at all, and I'm not interested enough to go to a college football forum.
    Jazz and guru and their ilk give me just enough info to enlighten my fan interest. I find the NFL much less interesting.
    This sums up my sentiments too. With all the other stuff going on in life and local talk radio, this forum gives me all the college football talk I need.

Comment

I may be atypical but I tend to mostly follow sports when there is a personal connection. I follow all OkSt and OU sports but NFL generally only when there is a former state of Oklahoma star on the team. (eg: Walt Garrison/Dallas, Baker Mayfield/Cleveland, Barry Sanders/Detroit)
      I watch the Super Bowl and March Madness but seldom watch a mid-season game between two teams where I have no emotional involvement/favorite.
      Even regarding T&F, I am realizing, as my active career winds down that although I have worked/attended hundreds of meets at all levels and still watch all I can when notable athletes are competing, my real love was/is being down on the field. Ya don't really get to watch much of the meet when you are working.
      I have a long-running competition with Fred Newhouse as to which of us has witnessed more WRs. Under his rules, he insists he is ahead because it doesn't count when my eyes are on the takeoff board and I don't actually see the WR event as it happens behind my back. I contend being present counts and he cannot count his own record because he did not see it.
      That is what I love about 80 + years of involvement in T&F.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        I contend being present counts and he cannot count his own record because he did not see it.
        Nice!
        But he probably caught a glimpse of his hands as he ran, so that counts.

Comment

How it would go if this place did talk the NFL

Russell Wilson throws the best long ball football, another 4 TD game and he looked good doing it.

What happened to the Packers, they sucked!

We saw why Tom Brady is THE GOAT.

Jameis Winston what was that all about, damn!!!

So the NFC West went 4-0, the NFC North 0-4

Dak had a great week one, bummer in a losing cause.

Bet Matthew Stafford is happy now.

Comment

That's a good start Brutal. What do you make of Aaron Rogers?

Comment

Many, many NFL players on this list:

TRACK GUYS GONE BAD: Professional ballplayers with world-class track & field background
              By Heimo Elonen
              Updated 3 December 2020
              https://tinyurl.com/34wrs4sw
              Last edited by Davidokun; 09-13-2021, 08:33 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                That's a good start Brutal. What do you make of Aaron Rogers?
                Cool!

Rodgers is one of the best ever, he is the total package, smart, great decision maker, great arm, mobile, great great player.

Now with some age on him and knowing his time is running out he's getting weird in the head, hopefuly he snaps out of it and soon. Probably the most interesting of all the QB's.

Then there is...

As ya know the Packers drafted a QB, that was a big mistake, Stupid on their part, and Rodgers isn't happy about the disrespect,

Comment

Favre was 35 when the Packers drafted Rodgers. Rodgers is 37.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                    Favre was 35 when the Packers drafted Rodgers. Rodgers is 37.
                    And Favre didn't like it, which is a known fact just like Rodgers not cool with this. When ya spend valuable draft picks on another guy , that is what rubs these guys wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

And Favre didn't like it, which is a known fact just like Rodgers not cool with this. When ya spend valuable draft picks on another guy , that is what rubs these guys wrong.
                      Worked out fine for the Packers last time around, so I doubt they are worried about Rodgers's feelings this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Worked out fine for the Packers last time around, so I doubt they are worried about Rodgers's feelings this time.
                        You really think having a disgruntled QB is not a concern?

Comment

I question the wisdom of using a 1st round on a quarterback when the guy you have is playing at an MVP level. In this scenario you should draft someone who can help you win right now like a defensive end, a shutdown cornerback, a left tackle or a wide receiver. It made sense for the Colts to draft Andrew Luck in 2012 because they thought Payton Manning was shot, but that wasn't the case with Rodgers. Nor would I have a problem with them using a day 3 draft pick on a quarterback like the Patriots did when the drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round to back up Drew Bledsoe. When you have an aging Hall-of-Famer at quarterback all your personnel decisions should be aimed at winning right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            I question the wisdom of using a 1st round on a quarterback when the guy you have is playing at an MVP level. In this scenario you should draft someone who can help you win right now like a defensive end, a shutdown cornerback, a left tackle or a wide receiver. It made sense for the Colts to draft Andrew Luck in 2012 because they thought Payton Manning was shot, but that wasn't the case with Rodgers. Nor would I have a problem with them using a day 3 draft pick on a quarterback like the Patriots did when the drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round to back up Drew Bledsoe. When you have an aging Hall-of-Famer at quarterback all your personnel decisions should be aimed at winning right now.
                            Totally agree and the fact a first round pick was used is the problem.That sent a bad message to your starter. You use first round picks to fix a problem, or should.

Comment

Now with some age on him and knowing his time is running out he's getting weird in the head, ,
                              Yeah, who in their right mind breaks up with Danica Patrick?
                              Last edited by lonewolf; 09-13-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

You really think having a disgruntled QB is not a concern?
                                It's a concern, but just one of many, like not having their next-generation QB was—before the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X