Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The whistle shouldn't blow till his butt is on the ground. Once it is, all the defender has to do is touch him and the play is over. If the defender is airborne when the whistle blows, it should be a fair hit.
    You're starting to sound like me. 😎 By the way, in college defenders don't even have to touch the quarterback, he's down when he touches the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      in college defenders don't even have to touch the quarterback, he's down when he touches the ground.
      In college, down is always out. I thought the pro rule was that in a QB slide, the whistle blows. I may be wrong there.

Comment

• John Madden has died earlier today

Comment

The whistle shouldn't blow till his butt is on the ground. Once it is, all the defender has to do is touch him and the play is over. If the defender is airborne when the whistle blows, it should be a fair hit.
          Aren't you Mr. safety? You can't see the problem here?

Comment

In college, down is always out. I thought the pro rule was that in a QB slide, the whistle blows. I may be wrong there.
            In the NFL once a player (not just QB) begins his slide the ball is dead at that spot and the whistle blows. A head first dive he's also down at the spot the first body part hits the ground. So, if he's trying to get into the endzone and dives head first and his knee hits at the 1/2 yard line it is not a TD. It's an odd rule put into to place a few years ago and has come into play a few times but it is unusual for all of that to happen.

An defender airborne at the beginning of the player giving himself up by either sliding or diving, is not penalized for contact unless it comes to the head or neck area.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              if he's trying to get into the endzone and dives head first and his knee hits at the 1/2 yard line it is not a TD.
              I thought it depended on where the ball is when his knee hits. If the runner has extended the tip of the ball over the line, isn't that a TD?

Comment

I thought it depended on where the ball is when his knee hits. If the runner has extended the tip of the ball over the line, isn't that a TD?
                My mistake. It is where the ball is when the first body part hits the ground. In recent years Carson Wentz and Taylor Heinicke have both lost TDs by diving towards the end zone but without the ball extended. Both ended up in the end zone prior to being touched but were ruled down inside the one as that's where their knees hit. In both cases they could have stayed on their feet and scored.

Comment

• As the late Dennis Green would have said, he is who we thought he was.
                  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-field-midgame

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    As the late Dennis Green would have said, he is who we thought he was.
                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-field-midgame
                    And no one was surprised. I agree with those who call for him to be mandated for psychological observation. No joke, he is suffering from a mental illness.

Comment

• AB certainly does provide some entertainment. Some speculation online regarding the shot he took in the playoffs while with the Steelers from Vontaze Burfict affecting him.

Comment

• Guessing it was something about how he was being use or not used, but don't know yet.

AB is a great player really is a bummer he is suffering from some sort of mental problems. Do think he is now done but ya never know. Do know he is done in Tampa Bay. obviously!

Just think when he was a Steeler it was the MAC attack, Big Ben Miami of Ohio, AB Central Michigan.

Comment

• A few things....

Jonathan Taylor is a stud, already owns all the Colts rushing records, and that franchise has had some RB's.

Joe Burrow, damn!!!

Russell Wilson will end this sucky Seahawk season in the top 15 all time TD passes , did it in just 10 seasons.

Looking like a Packers vs Chiefs Superbowl right now

Aaron Rodgers the MVP, but do expect Taylor to get a few votes. Just think the Chiefs passed him by for little often injured Clybe Edwards Helaire., big mistake!

Comment

• Pretty sure most of you know who Colin Cowherd is, well here is his current NFL Top 10

1.Packers
                            2.Chiefs
                            3.Buc's
                            4.Titans
                            5.Rams
                            6.Bengals
                            7.Bills
                            8.Cardinals
                            9.Patriots
                            10.Chargers

No Cowboys???? No Colts????
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-04-2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Where do we put Big Ben in with the great QB's? Top 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                                Where do we put Big Ben in with the great QB's? Top 10?
                                No way would I put him in the top 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X