Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

No way would I put him in the top 10.
    His prolific stats are in (large) part because of the modern emphasis on offense and the kid-glove QB treatment; so his top-5 stats are very deceptive.

Top-20, maybe.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

No way would I put him in the top 10.
      He won two Superbowls he is in the top six in TD;s and passing yards, so what 10 QB;s did it better?

Career

comp% 64.4
      TD/INT...417/210
      passer rating 93.6

That is Hall of fame stuff there.
      Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

He won two Superbowls he is in the top six in TD;s and passing yards, so what 10 QB;s did it better?

Career

comp% 64.4
        TD/INT...417/210
        passer rating 93.6

That is Hall of fame stuff there.
        HOF for sure, but his total stats are as much about his era.

Baugh
        Graham
        Unitas
        Starr
        Dawson
        Staubach
        Tarkington
        Bradshaw
        Fouts
        MONTANA
        Marino
        Elway
        Moon
        Favre
        Young
        Manning
        Warner
        Brees
        Rogers
        Brady

Those are the for sure better.

Aikman
        Manning
        Rivers
        Stabler
        Kelly

Those are his ballpark...

Off the top of my head; might have missed someone(s).
        Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-09-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Baugh
          Graham
          Unitas
          Starr
          Staubach
          Tarkington
          Bradshaw
          Fouts
          MONTANA
          Marino
          Moon
          Favre
          Young
          Kelly
          Manning
          Warner
          Brees
          Rogers
          Brady

Aikman
          Manning
          Rivers
          Stabler
          Dawson

You really think Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, how?

Comment

You really think Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, how?
            Bradshaw was good in the regular season and was WAY better in the post-season. Much more efficient when that shouldn't be the case. 4 Rings. Great runner, especially early.

Ben was quite a bit less efficient in the playoffs. 2 Rings.

Both were a bit better than league average in passer rating over their careers. Ben's stat dominance is strictly a factor of the offensive environments he played in.
            Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-05-2022, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Bradshaw was good in the regular season and was WAY better in the post-season. Much more efficient when that shouldn't be the case. 4 Rings. Great runner, especially early.

Well if it's all about rings forget Marino, Rivers, Tarkenton, Moon, Fouts, Kelly, they don't have any.

Bradshaw had less of everything in the playoffs than Big Ben just like he did in reg season play, so....????

Where are you getting your stats from?

Bradshaw had 212 TD's 210 INT's.a terrible comp% and passer rating. All his years and he only made three pro bowls.
              Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Well if it's all about rings forget Marino, Rivers, Tarkenton, Moon, Fouts, Kelly, they don't have any.

Bradshaw had less of everything in the playoffs than Big Ben just like he did in reg season play, so....????

Where are you getting your stats from?

Bradshaw had 212 TD's 210 INT's.a terrible comp% and passer rating. All his years and he only made three pro bowls.
                See, you ignored what I wrote. Their regular efficiency in context of era was very similar, but Bradshaw got WAY better in the playoffs while Ben got noticeably worse.

Ben's overall regular season stat dominance is strictly and only an artifact of era.

I put Rivers in Ben's category.

The others you mention, despite lack of postseason success, had much better reputations in their time.

Tark retired with most if not all of the career NFL regular season records.

Fouts set multiple season records over and over.

Marino...come on.

Moon- I credIt him his Canadian time. Were it not for the...times...he would have had 5-6 more years in the NFL and it would have been Moon's records that Favre and following would have been chasing.

Kelly - Fair enough. I drop him to on-par with Ben. Ben had very little to do with his first ring while Kelly had so much to do with 4 straight appearances. Wash.

Rings are a tiebreaker if needed. If rings were all that mattered my boy Plunkett would be HOF and held in higher regard than Tark, Fouts, Marino as well. I love him, but that's silly.

Bradshaw had regular and postseason.

Bradshaw 14-5 playoffs
                ​​​​Ben 13-9 playoffs.

They had very, very similar playoff passer ratings. Adjusted for era Bradshaw annihilates Ben.
                Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-05-2022, 02:23 AM.

Comment

See, you ignored what I wrote. Their regular efficiency in context of era was very similar, but Bradshaw got WAY better in the playoffs while Ben got noticeably worse.

Ben's overall regular season stat dominance is strictly and only an artifact of era.

I put Rivers in Ben's category.

The others you mention, despite lack of postseason success, had much better reputations in their time.

Tark retired with most if not all of the career NFL regular season records.

Fouts set multiple season records over and over.

Marino...come on.

Moon- I credIt him his Canadian time. Were it not for the...times...he would have had 5-6 more years in the NFL and it would have been Moon's records that Favre and following would have been chasing.

Kelly - Fair enough. I drop him to on-par with Ben. Ben had very little to do with his first ring while Kelly had so much to do with 4 straight appearances. Wash.

Rings are a tiebreaker if needed. If rings were all that mattered my boy Plunkett would be HOF and held in higher regard than Tark, Fouts, Marino as well. I love him, but that's silly.

Bradshaw had regular and postseason.

Bradshaw 14-5 playoffs
                  ​​​​Ben 13-9 playoffs.

They had very, very similar playoff passer ratings. Adjusted for era Bradshaw annihilates Ben.
                  First off Bradshaw had 73 INT's his first 4 seasons, think about that, His career comp % a terrible...51.9, that sucks in any era, as does his passer rating of 70.9. You won't find anyone who thinks Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, and Bradshaw played with 8 other Hall of Famers and one of the great D's ever.

You can't be talking up Bradshaw 4 rings then make light of Marino having none as if no big deal.

Google....best Steelers QB look at what ya find.

Big Ben had twice as many pro bowls, and is among the best all time stat wise, he was by far a better QB than Terry Bradshaw.

People also ask

Who is the best Pittsburgh Steelers QB?

In addition to having led Pittsburgh to two Super Bowl titles, Big Ben has been one of the best statistical quarterbacks in NFL history. He ranks fifth all-time in passing yards and eighth in passing touchdowns.1 day ago
                  Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Will somebody bring Antonio Brown in for the playoff run, it wouldn't surprise me if it can be done***. I beat Dak and Zeke could sell him on being a Cowboy. Have seen stranger things happen.

*** don't know the legalities of all this.

Comment

Will somebody bring Antonio Brown in for the playoff run, it wouldn't surprise me if it can be done***. I beat Dak and Zeke could sell him on being a Cowboy. Have seen stranger things happen.

*** don't know the legalities of all this.
                      He'd fit right in on the Cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

He'd fit right in on the Cowboys.
                        It would need to be some players showing support and letting him know he is needed, do think if done right he'd jump at it. Guy is a serious talent way too good to let a freak out ruin things.

Yes yes he has some problems but sure can play football. No defender he can't destroy.

Comment

It would need to be some players showing support and letting him know he is needed, do think if done right he'd jump at it. Guy is a serious talent way too good to let a freak out ruin things.

Yes yes he has some problems but sure can play football. No defender he can't destroy.
                          Jalen Ramsey and Marcus Lattimore could hold their own.

Comment

Baugh
                            Graham
                            Unitas
                            Starr
                            Staubach
                            Tarkington
                            Bradshaw
                            Fouts
                            MONTANA
                            Marino
                            Moon
                            Favre
                            Young
                            Kelly
                            Manning
                            Warner
                            Brees
                            Rogers
                            Brady

Aikman
                            Manning
                            Rivers
                            Stabler
                            Dawson

Pretty good list. But off the top of your head, you missed this guy who won 2 Super Bowls (and lost 3 others) for the Denver Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Jalen Ramsey and Marcus Lattimore could hold their own.
                              You talking one on one?

Comment

Both were a bit better than league average in passer rating over their careers. Ben's stat dominance is strictly a factor of the offensive environments he played in.
                                I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X