Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

First off Bradshaw had 73 INT's his first 4 seasons, think about that, His career comp % a terrible...51.9, that sucks in any era, as does his passer rating of 70.9. You won't find anyone who thinks Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, and Bradshaw played with 8 other Hall of Famers and one of the great D's ever.

You can't be talking up Bradshaw 4 rings then make light of Marino having none as if no big deal.

Google....best Steelers QB look at what ya find.

Big Ben had twice as many pro bowls, and is among the best all time stat wise, he was by far a better QB than Terry Bradshaw.

People also ask

Who is the best Pittsburgh Steelers QB?

In addition to having led Pittsburgh to two Super Bowl titles, Big Ben has been one of the best statistical quarterbacks in NFL history. He ranks fifth all-time in passing yards and eighth in passing touchdowns.1 day ago
    Are you even bothering to read what scott is saying? In the playoffs, Bradshaw had a career passer rating of 83.0 which is 17.6 points above league average for his era. Manning was 6.8 points above the average in the playoffs. Unitas 4.8 points, Favre 8.8 points, Elway 5.7 points, Young 11.6 points and Griese 4.5 points. Bradshaw also had 2 Super Bowl MVP's.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Pretty good list. But off the top of your head, you missed this guy who won 2 Super Bowls (and lost 3 others) for the Denver Broncos.
      Ah!!! Yes!

It wasn't on purpose, but as a Raiders fan and an Ohio boy there probably is a reason.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Are you even bothering to read what scott is saying? In the playoffs, Bradshaw had a career passer rating of 83.0 which is 17.6 points above league average for his era. Manning was 6.8 points above the average in the playoffs. Unitas 4.8 points, Favre 8.8 points, Elway 5.7 points, Young 11.6 points and Griese 4.5 points. Bradshaw also had 2 Super Bowl MVP's.
        Dude, I've stuck up for him in the past...but I guess I wasn't directly involved in a "debate" with him. I see why so many around here either don't engage at all, or do so in a highly agitated manner.

I don't remember much about him in his other iterations, but I can see a pattern emerging.

Nuance, context, analysis and tact, for good measure, go along way ib a sports debate.

Comment

It would need to be some players showing support and letting him know he is needed, do think if done right he'd jump at it. Guy is a serious talent way too good to let a freak out ruin things.

Yes yes he has some problems but sure can play football. No defender he can't destroy.
          "A freak out" "some problems" - how about several freak outs and problems

He's now been released by half the teams in the league. No defender he can't destroy. How about no team he can't destroy by being on it?

Comment

So you think Bradshaw was a better QB than Big Ben also? Forget his terrible comp% of just 51, forget his terrible passer rating of 70, forget his terrible TD/INT ratio of 212/210, forget in his long career he only played in three pro bowls, forget he played on a team wit 8 future Hall of Famers on it.

Go to any Steelers forums out there and ask the question....who was your best QB....trust me you won't read Terry Bradshaw,

Comment

So you think Bradshaw was a better QB than Big Ben also? Forget his terrible comp% of just 51, forget his terrible passer rating of 70, forget his terrible TD/INT ratio of 212/210, forget in his long career he only played in three pro bowls, forget he played on a team wit 8 future Hall of Famers on it.

Go to any Steelers forums out there and ask the question....who was your best QB....trust me you won't read Terry Bradshaw,
              Most of the people on those forums weren't born when Bradshaw played.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

"A freak out" "some problems" - how about several freak outs and problems

He's now been released by half the teams in the league. No defender he can't destroy. How about no team he can't destroy by being on it?
                So why have so many teams given him a shot knowing his history, yep....he can destroy any DB in the NFL, he demands double coverage which takes that safety out of the box. Deion was so revered because he could run with anyone even Brown he didn't need help.

Don't be shocked if somebody (if they can not sure) doesn't give him another chance he is that good, good enough to have his problems over looked,, Not unlike Josh Gordon who has had how many chances?

Zeke Elliott with the Cowboys who need another WR since Gallup went down.....yo Antonio, we need ya man....is all it would take, Zeke and Dak selling the idea to the Cowboys brass,
                Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Don't be shocked if somebody (if they can not sure) doesn't give him another chance he is that good, good enough to have his problems over looked
                  Pro sports teams are always turning a blind eye to the problematic child, if they believe they can help the team win.

Doesn't matter if it is mental issue, or even a criminal issue.

Comment

So you think Bradshaw was a better QB than Big Ben also? Forget his terrible comp% of just 51, forget his terrible passer rating of 70,
                    Big Ben also has a higher career passer rating than Staubach, Montana, Marino, Unitas and Elway. Passer rating only matters when you're comparing two players from the same era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Pro sports teams are always turning a blind eye to the problematic child, if they believe they can help the team win.

Doesn't matter if it is mental issue, or even a criminal issue.
                      Yes I know, that is why I can see a team bringing Brown for the playoff run. Keep it simple play some street ball.....go to the Chevy and turn around.
                      Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Big Ben also has a higher career passer rating than Staubach, Montana, Marino, Unitas and Elway. Passer rating only matters when you're comparing two players from the same era.

So you think Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, ???

Bradshaw had five seasons throwing 20 or more INT's, had four seasons throwing more INT's than TD's, he ended up with 212 TD and 210 INT

The guy had future Hall of Famers all over the place, think that helped with his SB success?

I can't see anything that tells us Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, Big Ben has twice as many TD's as INT's ,twice as many pro bowls.
                        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-05-2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

So you think Bradshaw was better than Big Ben, ???
                          In the playoffs (when it really matters), he certainly was.

Comment

That's the nuanced contextual take, so it won't land. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

So why have so many teams given him a shot knowing his history, yep....he can destroy any DB in the NFL, he demands double coverage which takes that safety out of the box. Deion was so revered because he could run with anyone even Brown he didn't need help.

Don't be shocked if somebody (if they can not sure) doesn't give him another chance he is that good, good enough to have his problems over looked,, Not unlike Josh Gordon who has had how many chances?

Zeke Elliott with the Cowboys who need another WR since Gallup went down.....yo Antonio, we need ya man....is all it would take, Zeke and Dak selling the idea to the Cowboys brass,
                              AlcyAllen/Brutal/Texas - I wish I was as smart as you. You always seem to know all the answers. Its amazing how smart you are. We should all be proud to bask in the glow of your superior intelligence.

Care to expain to me the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                In the playoffs (when it really matters), he certainly was.
                                Bradshaw

57.2 comp %
                                3. 833 yards
                                30 TD/26INT
                                83.0 Passer rating

Big Ben

63 comp %
                                5,757 yards
                                34/28
                                86,4 passer rating

Hmmmm?

Comment