Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As for rivalries, I grew up with the Raiders & 49ers in my backyard. In the pre-merger days the Raiders big rival was the KC Chiefs, while the 49ers foil was the LA Rams. Post-merger I never got worked up about 49ers v Raiders, although I may be a minority amongst their fans. Not sure anyone under 60 even knows about Raiders/Chiefs and thanks to the long-time success of the Niners and the concurrent long-time comparative patheticness of the Rams I'm not sure anyone much cared about 49ers/Rams by the time the Rams moved to St. Louis. In any event, I don't think any of these would make anyone's all-time rivalries list.

    If I cared about any team rivalries it would be my SF Giants v LA Dodgers but I can't get worked up much about that either these days, although in all of pro sports the Dodgers are the only team I take some pleasure in when they lose in the post-season.
    Last edited by bad hammy; 01-09-2022, 03:45 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

      I took their career ratings and subtracted from them the average NFL rating during the specific years they played. It obviously involved some big EXCEL spreadsheets.
      Thanks, jazz - that was a lot of work! Speaking of work, it would be extra sweet if you could add columns for the league averages.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
        Thanks, jazz - that was a lot of work! Speaking of work, it would be extra sweet if you could add columns for the league averages.
        See post #532.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

          See post #532.
          Thanks. After looking around I'm guessing 537.

          Comment


          • Here's a link to jazzcyclist's post with the data:

            https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...56#post1734256

            The post number you see may differ from the post number another member sees, because each member may filter the posts of any other member.

            How do I ignore another member?

            If there are particular members that are bothering you and you do not wish to see their posts or receive Private Messages from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.

            In the top right of the forum, click your Username. A dropdown menu will appear and from here you need to select 'User Settings'. On the page that appears, click 'Account' and scroll to the bottom. In the text area next to 'Ignore List', enter the Usernames of users that you want to Ignore.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
              The post number you see may differ from the post number another member sees, because each member may filter the posts of any other member.
              Interesting - thanks. Turns out I have just one account blocked, one I don't recall ever hearing of - Joaquin Carmona - and he has zero posts. No telling how/why that got set up.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                Interesting - thanks. Turns out I have just one account blocked, one I don't recall ever hearing of - Joaquin Carmona - and he has zero posts. No telling how/why that got set up.
                I blocked one guy for awhile, bad hammy, after gm suggested I could do it. The problem is that you kinda lose track of the thread, with so many missing posts. I unblocked him and just put up with him now. He's also currently banned.

                Comment


                • Russell Wilson needs two more TD passes to move pass Johnny Unitas on the all time list. and three more to tie Warren Moon for 14th place. He is also 4th all time in QB rushing, His career passer rating second behind Rodgers if talking QB's with at least five years of experience. If not for the broken finger he would be in 13 place in only 10 seasons.

                  When talking the great QB's it really is time to add this guy to the list, he is one of the few with three times more TD's 289 than INT's 86, Only Unitas having more pro bowls their first 10 seasons.

                  Wilson the only QB to pass for 4000 yards 30 or more TD's and 500 rushing yards in a season and he is 15 yards short of pulling that off three times. He has had more 4th Q TD passes, than anyone since he came into the league, had more wins than anyone ever in their first nine seasons. He is the first QB to put up two 100 passer rating seasons his first two seasons. Also tied the rookie TD record (Peyton) that after leaving the NCAA as the all time passing efficiency leader for a season. AND....he walked right in and took over.

                  Wilson is the best runner/passer we have seen only 4500 rusher/36000 yard passer.

                  Then we have Patrick Mahomes who is already having it better than anyone in history ever did at the same stage of the career, obviously he's just starting to built his numbers so can't hang historically speaking .....yet.

                  We always wanna have the legends the history when talking this stuff, it's just the thing to do, gotta have Don Hutson despite all of us knowing he never faced a 4.4 cornerback, gotta have Slingin' Sammy who was around 185 pounds, sure the 6-2 230 pound Jim Brown could play right now but he ain't averaging over 5 yards a carry, Bullet Bob the one who will always zoooommmm by everyone, major props to him. Everyone playing today would totally rule back in the day.

                  From just the eyeball test no stats involved

                  1.Aaron Rodgers
                  2.Tom Brady
                  3.Patrick Mahomes
                  4.Russell Wilson
                  5.Joe Montana
                  6.Peyton Manning
                  7.Dan Marino
                  8.Drew Brees
                  9.Steve Young
                  10.Warren Moon...if not for his CFL years he'd be way up there stat wise,

                  You won't find Bo Jackson or Gale Sayers on any all time NFL rushing lists, but we all know they were as good as it got, so it isn't just about numbers.
                  Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-09-2022, 05:29 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Yesterday's games reminded me again why I hate the 17 game schedule.

                    Dak broke the standing Cowboys TD record...by one.

                    Devanta Smith broke Deshaun Jackson's Eagles rookie WR yards record...17th game.

                    The Cowboys single season scoring record died...17th game.

                    Zeke snuck in a 1000 yds by 2...in the 17th team game.

                    I understand that the seasons have gone from 10, 12, 14, 16 games...but 16 has been by far the longest iteration and the only one I've known. To me - with a massive shout-out to OJ whose per-game average still hasn't even been sniffed - the NFL records are 16-game records.

                    Even the math is tidier. Dividing 1000 by 17 is gross.

                    Alcyallen - I can't put my finger on it but I've never given Russell his due. You're spot-on about him. He's building a tremendous resume. Honestly, I might be a "heightist" because despite being 5'8" myself I don't like seeing short QBs. I want them to look like...Big Ben 😁😁😁 and be able to shrug off beatings (which he IS BY FAR the best ever at) or be slippery Staubach, Anderson, Young, Cunningham, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, McNabb, Tark types - still tall -maybe or maybe not slightly built - but enough moves to at least slip around.

                    I aestheticly like Jackson, Allen, Vick, Greg Landry types, but they can't stay on the field.
                    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-09-2022, 05:42 PM.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                      I blocked one guy for awhile, bad hammy, after gm suggested I could do it.
                      Me?? What did I do???



                      Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                      He's also currently banned.
                      I am?? Damn, always the last to know . . .



                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                        Yesterday's games reminded me again why I hate the 17 game schedule.

                        Dak broke the standing Cowboys TD record...by one.

                        Devanta Smith broke Deshaun Jackson's Eagles rookie WR yards record...17th game.

                        The Cowboys single season scoring record died...17th game.

                        Zeke snuck in a 1000 yds by 2...in the 17th team game.

                        I understand that the seasons have gone from 10, 12, 14, 16 games...but 16 has been by far the longest iteration and the only one I've known. To me - with a massive shout-out to OJ whose per-game average still hasn't even been sniffed - the NFL records are 16-game records.

                        Even the math is tidier. Dividing 1000 by 17 is gross.

                        Alcyallen - I can't put my finger on it but I've never given Russell his due. You're spot-on about him. He's building a tremendous resume. Honestly, I might be a "heightist" because despite being 5'8" myself I don't like seeing short QBs. I want them to look like...Big Ben 😁😁😁 and be able to shrug off beatings (which he IS BY FAR the best ever at) or be slippery Staubach, Anderson, Young, Cunningham, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, McNabb, Tark types - still tall -maybe or maybe not slightly built - but enough moves to at least slip around.

                        I aestheticly like Jackson, Allen, Vick, Greg Landry types, but they can't stay on the field.
                        Totally agree about the 17 week season as far as records go, yep....sucks! If Jim Brown had played in 16 game seasons he'd be in the top 10 where he belongs.

                        All these QB's have their thing, and how hard is it to get Tom Brady knowing his greatness and total lack of mobility, weird! Do see Aaron Rodgers as the perfect QB, he is mobile and throws a great ball, Never really think much about size other than way back when and their lack of it.

                        Russell Wilson is 33 so it's realistic to see him playing another 5ish seasons, if he does his numbers will be right there with the very elite, and do think that is where he belongs. Mahomes heading that way.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

                          I blocked one guy for awhile, bad hammy, after gm suggested I could do it. The problem is that you kinda lose track of the thread, with so many missing posts. I unblocked him and just put up with him now. He's also currently banned.
                          I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to follow a topic if all of CD’s posts were hidden.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

                            I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to follow a topic if all of CD’s posts were hidden.
                            I thought it was a week vacation. Been wondering where he was. Thought maybe he quit. Good to know.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                              I thought it was a week vacation. Been wondering where he was. Thought maybe he quit. Good to know.
                              so where is CD?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                                so where is CD?
                                Last post on December 5:

                                https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...00#post1731600

                                Suspended for a week on December 6:

                                https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...27#post1731627

                                Last activity on December 24:

                                https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...104-conor-dary

                                Still active on Twitter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X