Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Me?? What did I do???

I am?? Damn, always the last to know . . .

No, I was quoting you. I didn't block you, and you're not currently banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to follow a topic if all of CD’s posts were hidden.
      It was impossible. I had to unblock him.

Comment

• Seems like he's banned himself. I've done that at times over the years. Breaks can be good.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

No, I was quoting you. I didn't block you, and you're not currently banned.
          Eats, shoots & leaves . . .

Comment

• Deebo Samuels, is this guy a stud or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Thanks. After looking around I'm guessing 537.
              Here's the post which has yearly passer ratings averages:

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...56#post1734256

It's #532 on my computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                Here's a link to jazzcyclist's post with the data:

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...56#post1734256

The post number you see may differ from the post number another member sees, because each member may filter the posts of any other member.
                Ah, that explains it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                  jazz, did you ever see Bradshaw actually play?
                  Here's a copy-and-paste of a story I've shared before:

On the morning of Super Bowl IX, my Dad took my cousin and I to the hotel where the Steelers were staying, which IIRC, was the Fontainebleau Hotel, but don't hold me to that. My Dad didn't know anyone with the NFL or the Steelers, and we just walked in, as there was no security at hotels in those days, even a few hours before the Super Bowl. When we walked in, the team was about to hold a brief prayer service in a conference room, and we just walked in, sat at the back of the room and watched. After the service was done, the players, coaches and other team associates milled around in the lobby waiting for the busses to leave for Tulane Stadium. At this point, my Dad struck up a conversation with a couple of the coaches, while my cousin and I just stood there in awe of our idols standing all around us. I noticed Terry Bradshaw having a conversation with two teammates, who turned out to be John Kolb and Mike Webster, and I slowly walked over to them, and when it appeared that they were finished talking, I quietly asked them for their autographs, which they gave to me. About 10 minutes later, all of them headed out of the hotel to get on the busses, and I watched them all board (eg. Harris, Greene, Blount, Greenwood, Swann, Stallworth, Lambert, Bleier, etc.). Of course I had no idea how many of them would go onto be Hall of Famers, or that in a few hours, they would begin a reign as one of the greatest dynasties in sports history, but I remember that morning vividly, as I was an impressionable adolescent who was mesmerized by what I was witnessing.

When I think about that day, it's really mind-boggling when you think how much things have changed. Nowadays, can you imagine how hard it would be to get that close to a Super Bowl team that close to kickoff?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    Here's a copy-and-paste of a story I've shared before:

On the morning of Super Bowl IX, my Dad took my cousin and I to the hotel where the Steelers were staying, which IIRC, was the Fontainebleau Hotel, but don't hold me to that. My Dad didn't know anyone with the NFL or the Steelers, and we just walked in, as there was no security at hotels in those days, even a few hours before the Super Bowl. When we walked in, the team was about to hold a brief prayer service in a conference room, and we just walked in, sat at the back of the room and watched. After the service was done, the players, coaches and other team associates milled around in the lobby waiting for the busses to leave for Tulane Stadium. At this point, my Dad struck up a conversation with a couple of the coaches, while my cousin and I just stood there in awe of our idols standing all around us. I noticed Terry Bradshaw having a conversation with two teammates, who turned out to be John Kolb and Mike Webster, and I slowly walked over to them, and when it appeared that they were finished talking, I quietly asked them for their autographs, which they gave to me. About 10 minutes later, all of them headed out of the hotel to get on the busses, and I watched them all board (eg. Harris, Greene, Blount, Greenwood, Swann, Stallworth, Lambert, Bleier, etc.). Of course I had no idea how many of them would go onto be Hall of Famers, or that in a few hours, they would begin a reign as one of the greatest dynasties in sports history, but I remember that morning vividly, as I was an impressionable adolescent who was mesmerized by what I was witnessing.

When I think about that day, it's really mind-boggling when you think how much things have changed. Nowadays, can you imagine how hard it would be to get that close to a Super Bowl team that close to kickoff?

Love true stories about that kind of thing. good stuff jazz.

Yeah my memories of meeting the rasslers in Fresno and Modesto, ya never forget it. Especially when Don Manoukian (x Raider) threw a beer can at me, ha!!!!

Obviously back in the days of Terry Bradshaw I;m not comparing him to anyone, I just remember thinking ....this guy is a bad passer. His stats vs his peers prove that out.

Comment

• jazzcyclist Great great story. So sad that's not possible these days.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• What an incredible day of NFL football!!!! Love that "Red Zone" (and also SNF).

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                          What an incredible day of NFL football!!!! Love that "Red Zone" (and also SNF).
                          The Niners vs Rams and Raiders vs Chargers as good as it gets.

Comment

• It was late here in the EST zone when the Chargers and the Raiders went to OT, but I stayed up for it. And I had a nightmare scenario that when the OT started the 2 teams would say," hey, we are in. Let's quit playing and too bad, Pittsburgh." But to their credit they kept it going.

Comment

• Flags at half staff here in Indy after the Colts' 2-game collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                                Flags at half staff here in Indy after the Colts' 2-game collapse.
                                You know you're having a rough patch when you make the Jags look competent. Yesterday was Clown Day and many fans showed up in clownage to express their disadmiration with 'management' (we don't blame the players), but I didn't like it, because there's always the chance that the ringmaster, Shad Khan, will take down the circus tent and move on to the next town.

Comment

Working...
                                X