Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Just disappointed TB and TB are now out.
    Sure could have used Antonio Brown, what a punk!

Not buying the injury thing. Think he was pouting about how he was being used or wasn't being used.
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-26-2022, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Sure could have used Antonio Brown, what a punk!

Not buying the injury thing. Think he was pouting about how he was being used or wasn't being used.
      Tony Brown. That's the problem. TB was missing another TB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Tony Brown. That's the problem. TB was missing another TB.
        TB had that TB for a brief time with the Pats, but before that TB had that TB he had another TB to throw to in Troy Brown.

Comment

• To Be TB or not To Be TB.

Comment

• 52 years ago today the Pittsburgh Steelers used the #1 overall pick to draft Terry Bradshaw out of tiny Louisiana Tech, proving that even back then if you could play the NFL scouts would find you no matter what school you went to. Bradshaw would go on to become the winningest #1 overall pick in NFL history. The bottom line is that if the NFL is your destination, schools don't matter. If any thing, Power 5 blue blood programs can hurt you because you might have a hard time getting on the field at those schools. Note that the #1 overall picks in 2018, 2019 and 2020 were all Power 5 transfers.
            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-28-2022, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              52 years ago today the Pittsburgh Steelers used the #1 overall pick to draft Terry Bradshaw out of tiny Louisiana Tech, proving that even back then if you could play the NFL scouts would find you no matter what school you went to. Bradshaw would go on to become the winningest #1 overall pick in NFL history. The bottom line is that if the NFL is your destination, schools don't matter. If any thing, Power 5 blue blood programs can hurt you because you might have a hard time getting on the field at those schools. Note that the #1 overall picks in 2018, 2019 and 2020 were all Power 5 transfers.
              This make any sense to you....

Coach.....come play at RinkyDinky State, we will never be in the NCAA title race, might get one tv game and we have a stadium that holds 25,000. I get being a 5 star you have better options but we sure could use you.

The kid might face a couple NFL caliber players in his RinkyDinky career, but he isn't getting a whole hell of a lot of attention, nobody does in the Northern Coast Conference,

The hell with those 80,000 plus crowds, forget playing Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, the hell with facing Alabama or Georgia.

Come on man.get real.

Comment

• We have these 5 star, 4 star, 3 star for a reason. Why would a kid rated a 5 star who can go anywhere he wants choose a small school pretty much out of the NCAA football limelight? Just doesn't make any sense. OK maybe his dad went there, it's a few miles from his home, his coach in high school is there, ok we could have that sort of thing.

But, if it were me I want the best that NCAA football has to offer, it will be a one time deal only so want to get it right. Give me the mighty SEC and Alabama and coach Saban. I want a Championship and the recgonition I can get playing there. The NFL will know the name Alcyallen come draft day.

As we know we have non power five, D II, D III, NAIA football. Tons of football players out there, hell....JC ball. But the only football anyone really talks about nationally is DI and Power Five schools. Nobody talking about that speedy running back at Coe College or that stud QB at Blufton, ya see......nobody cares.
                Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-28-2022, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Hard to believe but true,,,,,

While Bart Starr was at Alabama he played 4 years, during that time he carried the football 123 times for a minus 56 yards, whoa!

When it came to passing he had 155 completions for 1903 yards, his td/int.....10/20.

Needless to say he had a very lackluster career at Bama.

Hell...Joe Namath?

He was there for three seasons, did little, had a 54.3 comp%, 24td/20int. Averaged.....3.0 yards a carry.

Might as well do The Snake

Three seasons of about the same as above,nothing really. Had 18/18 td/int. Hell of a runner....3.2.....ha!!!!!

Three Hall of Famers that all won a Superbowl all with very ...yawn....numbers while at Alabama.

Just out of curiousity, Fran Tarkenton at Georgia...

Sheesh....more of the same, 18/20 td/int.......this is a shock...1.4 rushing average.

Ok ok, Roger Staubach

Three seasons of pretty much the same thing. Did have a 63.6 comp%, but....12/20 td/int and.....what 1.8 rushing average, Roger the Dodger.....at 1.8.....whoa!

How about Joe Burrow at LSU?

68.8 comp%
                  8852 yards
                  78-11 td/int

But....3.2...rushing avg.

Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-28-2022, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• There's something very familiar about this. 🤔🤔🤔
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

This make any sense to you....

Coach.....come play at RinkyDinky State, we will never be in the NCAA title race, might get one tv game and we have a stadium that holds 25,000. I get being a 5 star you have better options but we sure could use you.

The kid might face a couple NFL caliber players in his RinkyDinky career, but he isn't getting a whole hell of a lot of attention, nobody does in the Northern Coast Conference,

The hell with those 80,000 plus crowds, forget playing Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, the hell with facing Alabama or Georgia.

Come on man.get real.
                      Playing at Rinky Dink State sure worked good for Bradshaw, didn't it? 😄

Comment

• Bottom line: Let the kid go where he wants to go to college. He does not owe any of us any explanation for not going to a "blue blood" program. He can vote, and he can go to war, if needed. Sure, we can discuss this to death, but it is the business of these athletes and their families/counselors.

Comment

Playing at Rinky Dink State sure worked good for Bradshaw, didn't it? 😄
                          Now without Google give me another La Tech/NFLer.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                            Bottom line: Let the kid go where he wants to go to college. He does not owe any of us any explanation for not going to a "blue blood" program. He can vote, and he can go to war, if needed. Sure, we can discuss this to death, but it is the business of these athletes and their families/counselors.
                            Not about letting the kid go where he wants it's about a grown man in Deion who didn't play small time NCAA football himself talking a kid into giving up a far superior NCAA experience playing at a power five school vs legendary programs to play a brand of football that is pretty much just a local thing. Nobody cares about SWAC football other than the SWAC.

I can see the kid giving SWAC football a shot, but after seeing those small crowds how little interest he is getting from the media, giving it up for a big time school.

I'm big time SWAC/MEAC/HBCU, know everyone who is anyone there. But it's like them old primitive blues in the 20's, it has a cult following, not for everyone.
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-28-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Not about letting the kid go where he wants it's about a grown man in Deion who didn't play small time NCAA football himself talking a kid into giving up a far superior NCAA experience playing at a power five school vs legendary programs to play a brand of football that is pretty much just a local thing. Nobody cares about SWAC football other than the SWAC.

I can see the kid giving SWAC football a shot, but after seeing those small crowds how little interest he is getting from the media, giving it up for a big time school.

I'm big time SWAC/MEAC/HBCU, know everyone who is anyone there. But it's like them old primitive blues in the 20's, it has a cult following, not for everyone.
                              Didn't you say you didn't want to get banned again?

Comment

Didn't you say you didn't want to get banned again?
                                Where was I wrong there?

Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-28-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X