Clear All

Nail meet coffin.

Gruden just resigned.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

That was fast....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-head-coach

Comment

Its amazing that he would write those thoughts in an email. That's usually a sign that he expected agreement. Reminds me of my father's reaction during Watergate "He TAPED it?"

Comment

Anyone stupid enough to email that sort of stuff in this day and age is too stupid to be an NFL coach.

Comment

People do dumb things when the people they know have similar views and think it is normal.

Comment

At least he traded Khalil Mack to the Bears already.

Comment

The interesting thing about all this is the investigation had nothing to do with Gruden. The emails were simply a byproduct of the League's investigation of Washington's workplace issues, and while Gruden was using a personal email account Bruce Allen used his team account. Also, I can't help but wonder if any of them would have seen the light of day if Gruden hadn't called Roger Goodell the F-word.
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  People do dumb things when the people they know have similar views and think it is normal.
                  It's one thing to say it to someone in a private conversation but a whole other matter to email it. You don't have to be a computer whiz to know once you hit "send" the whole world might eventually see your email, text or private message.
                  Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-12-2021, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    Anyone stupid enough to email that sort of stuff in this day and age is too stupid to be an NFL coach.
                    Jazzy - you're assuming a football coach requires a modicum of intelligence here. Have I told you how I feel about Dabo Swinney and others of his ilk?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                      Jazzy - you're assuming a football coach requires a modicum of intelligence here. Have I told you how I feel about Dabo Swinney and others of his ilk?
                      Karma gonna get you, sucka . . . .!

https://www.gokart.co.uk/blog/golf-n...e-really-dumb/

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

It's one thing to say it to someone in a private conversation but a whole other matter to email it. You don't have to be a computer whiz to know once you hit "send" the whole world might eventually see your email, text or private message.
                        And excellent example of never send an email if you don't want it on the front page of the NY Times.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

And excellent example of never send an email if you don't want it on the front page of the NY Times.
                          Yep, and the same with texts.

Comment

Gruden got what was coming. I hope the NFL follows through and gets rid of all of their miscreants; domestic abusers, users of racial and misogynistic language, and so on.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Gruden has also been removed already from the Bucs Ring of Honor. Based on a quick read of fans, this is not going over well. Of course, he apparently said something regarding the Glazers (the family which owns the Bucs) which I will not print here due to the crassness. Anyone who's been around him knows crassness is his game. I was at a couple of his kids HS football games some years back and he spent the entire game on the referees' behind. He was in the stands as a parent not on the sidelines as coach....where he would have been suspended as foul language carries a suspension for coaches. He was asked to leave one game because of it.

Comment

Yeah, the Bucs need to be consistent. Sapp - a domestic violence perpetrator- is still in their Ring of Honor. They currently employ Richard Sherman and Antonio Brown. Serious mixed messages.
                                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Working...
                                X