Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Football

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • His WA profile shows 10.97, 21.33, 45.91, and 1:49.35. No marks for the 100m except May 2012 (when he was 18, probably still in high school); his 100m ability in the year he ran 21.33 (2013) probably was in the 10.5-10.6 range.

    https://worldathletics.org/athletes/...ayson-14466604

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

      He played football in high school but because of the Bear Bryant rule, Les Miles wouldn't let him walk onto the football. team.
      You mean Miles didn't want to give him a football scholarship. Any scholarship for an athlete counts as a football scholarship if he's on the college football team, so Grayson couldn't be a football walk-on unless he gave up his track scholarship.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        He played football in high school but because of the Bear Bryant rule, Les Miles wouldn't let him walk onto the football. team.
        What is the Bear Bryant rule?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

          What is the Bear Bryant rule?
          It's that any kind of scholarship for a football player counts as a football scholarship. The rule was designed to stop colleges from giving football players non-football scholarships and having them walk-on to the football team to circumvent the football scholarship limit (85 for NCAA Division I - FBS). Consequently, track & field athletes on scholarship who dabble in football are counted as having football scholarships, even if their primary sport is track & field.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

            You mean Miles didn't want to give him a football scholarship. Any scholarship for an athlete counts as a football scholarship if he's on the college football team, so Grayson couldn't be a football walk-on unless he gave up his track scholarship.
            Yep, if Miles had added him to the football roster the NCAA would have immediately charged his scholarship to the football team. Whenever a track or baseball coach wants to sign a 2-sport athlete he either has to convince the football coach to sign him or convince the athlete to give up football.
            jazzcyclist
            Senior Member
            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-01-2021, 01:17 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              His WA profile shows 10.97, 21.33, 45.91, and 1:49.35. No marks for the 100m except May 2012 (when he was 18, probably still in high school); his 100m ability in the year he ran 21.33 (2013) probably was in the 10.5-10.6 range.

              https://worldathletics.org/athletes/...ayson-14466604
              He put on quite a show at the 2012 LHSAA Outdoor Championships, winning the 400 (47.68), 800 (1:53.53) and finishing 6th in the 100 (10.97).

              Comment


              • a positive for Aaron Rogers

                https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...19-source-says

                <<Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.>>

                Comment


                • What? So Rodgers is an idiot anti vaxer.

                  Good for the NFL not to put up with that nonsense.

                  Comment


                  • Meanwhile...

                    Henry Ruggs III drove 156 mph seconds before fatal car crash, prosecutors say

                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543330

                    Comment


                    • Former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was driving 156 mph with a blood-alcohol content twice Nevada's legal limit before his car slammed into the rear of a vehicle that burned, killing a 23-year-old woman, according to prosecutors.

                      Prosecutors said Ruggs was traveling 156 mph two seconds before the crash and was at 127 mph when the air bags deployed in his vehicle. Judge Joe M. Bonaventure responded that he couldn't recall speeds that high involved in a crash during his career on the bench.

                      Comment


                      • Have fun making license plates Henry. Plus a tad of a pay cut.

                        Comment


                        • What an idiotic mistake for Ruggs to make, and what a tragedy for the family of the victim. Brutally bone-headed.

                          So a Corvette can take a head-on collision at 127mph and the occupants survive readily. I just that point could have been made in another way.............

                          Comment


                          • 156 mph is about 260 kph...


                            https://youtu.be/KsLi7HgSuhI?t=67

                            Conor Dary
                            Senior Member
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-03-2021, 09:57 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                              So a Corvette can take a head-on collision at 127mph and the occupants survive readily. I just that point could have been made in another way.............
                              It wasn't a head-on collision, he rear-ended the other car.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                It wasn't a head-on collision, he rear-ended the other car.
                                I thought I read it was fire which killed the occupants of the other car.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X