X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    J. Taylor, Colts, is really rising to the top of my required viewing list.
    Over 1400 yards , 18 TD's, wow!

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

As Dennis Green would have said, he is who we thought he was.
    Schefter said today that the NFL is reviewing other teams to see if there are other shenanigans.....something I'd have trouble believing is not the case....as I assume the league would prefer to deal with the situation before the media gets hold of it.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    J. Taylor, Colts, is really rising to the top of my required viewing list.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
    Is Antonio Brown really as stupid as he appears, what is wrong with this guy? Hell he lost all his endorsement deals because nobody wants this freak associated with them.
    As Dennis Green would have said, he is who we thought he was.

Leave a comment:

• Big Tusk
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I just exchanged emails with a reporter I know who covers the NFL, because I thought this was a good question. He said the difference is that Brown lied to the league with his vaccination card. Rodgers did not - they knew he wasn't vaccinated, and he only lied to the media and the public.
    Got it. Makes sense (as much as any of this can).

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

I don't think Rodgets lied to the team, he lied to the media and the team covered for him which is why the Packers were also fined.
    First and foremost, I think Rodgers lies to himself.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied

I don't think Rodgets lied to the team, he lied to the media and the team covered for him which is why the Packers were also fined.
    Agreed that there is a clear difference between Rodgers and Brown/Edwards.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Is Antonio Brown really as stupid as he appears, what is wrong with this guy? Hell he lost all his endorsement deals because nobody wants this freak associated with them.
    The dumbass should be released immediately. What may be delaying things is what to do with Edwards who doesn't have any other history of being a dumbass as far as know. At least at not as deep as a professional dumbass such as Antonio Brown.

The Bucs are getting some heat down here for continuing to dance around the issue which, as others have pointed out is a felony and the reports from both the NFL and Bucs are very very carefully worded in what appears to me an attempt to avoid mention of the criminal aspect. In addition, the Bucs and reps for the players have said that the players are now vaccinated....whatever that means or implies. It wouldn't shock me or probably anyone else to find out that this is an ongoing issue throughout the league and this one only came to light because of the disgruntled friend of Brown.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

Add to that: Why did Brown et al get suspended while Rodgers did not? Didn't Rodgers also mislead the league and his team about his vaccination status? What nuance am I missing here?

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
    Add to that: Why did Brown et al get suspended while Rodgers did not? Didn't Rodgers also mislead the league and his team about his vaccination status? What nuance am I missing here?
    I just exchanged emails with a reporter I know who covers the NFL, because I thought this was a good question. He said the difference is that Brown lied to the league with his vaccination card. Rodgers did not - they knew he wasn't vaccinated, and he only lied to the media and the public.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    You would think that it would be a requirement that any player who claims to be vaccinated must also give the NFL access to the state vaccination records.
    NFL players are subject to workers' compensation laws as they work for their team as employees. In workers' compensation cases, the employer is entitled to see the medical records related to the injury/illness. I dealt with this a lot (and got in a big mess once because of it). It may be that workers' compensation law could enable teams to see vaccine records, but since its not an injury or illness, it may still be protected information.

Leave a comment:

• Big Tusk
    replied

Here's my list of NFL-Covid questions:

1. How will these absences affect Tampa Bay's chance to make the playoffs?

2. Will there be more Covid suspensions in the NFL this year?

3. Are coaches nervous that some of their own vaccine fakers might get exposed just before the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    His decision-making process seems incredibly poor.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied

Here's my list of NFL-Covid questions:

1. How will these absences affect Tampa Bay's chance to make the playoffs?

Brown hasn't played in weeks and isn't expected to play for weeks. So likely very little.

Edwards is actually the bigger loss because he plays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X