Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post

Of course, as I said that would require outing specific athletes and completely decimate US distance credibility.

CAS protected the integrity of the athletes while getting rid of problem. They covered the USATF's asses. Big money in US participation on the world stage not to mention Nike.

Some of you are afraid to admit that a US organization implemented a systematic doping program on a smaller scale that the Russians did.

Salazar: Guilty, appeals upheld, and banned for life. Deal with it.
    Not sure what US organization you are talking about. We will admit that in 1989 (after the Ben Johnson scandal), USATF (then called TAC/USA) instituted the first out-of-completion testing program anywhere in the world - long before USADA and WADA. It did this at the urging of its Athletes Advisory Committee led by Edwin Moses who wanted a level playing field.

Yes, there have been USA druggies. But they have been individual doings of athletes and coaches, not like the Soviets, East Germans, and Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

Not sure what US organization you are talking about.

Yes, there have been USA druggies. But they have been individual doings of athletes and coaches, not like the Soviets, East Germans, and Russians.
      That's the common American belief that's already been debunked. Balco, Lance Armstrong and US Postal Discovery team, Charlie Francis all were doping their client/athletes. That's systematic...just because it's not a Commie country doesn't mean it's not systematic.

And now the Nike Oregon Project headed by Salazar and funded by Nike. That's obviously the US organization being talked about and accused by dozens of athletes who formerly ran in it. The Communist dopers were government backed. The NOP dopers were corporation backed. When it was discovered how rampant it was they decided US athletes getting banned on a large scale would decimate track and field on a worldwide stage as the US is by far the best T&F country in the world. Promoters love American athletes at their meets and World and Olympic championships would be severely devalued without them. So they hide positive results from the world (don't believe for a second that doesn't happen) to maintain integrity of the athletes and instead cut off the head.

The Dubin Inquiry exposed high profiled Canadian and US athletes doping under Charlie Francis. Ben Johnson, Mark McKoy, Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery busts severely damaged the reputation of track and field and the Balco scandal showed how long athletes had gotten away with doping and how widespread it was. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, both Giambis, Canseco, Palmeiro, Tejada, Regina Jacobs, Kelli White, Dwain Chambers, Marion Jones all linked to Balco.

[unacceptable accusations purged by mods].
      Last edited by gh; 10-21-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

That's the common American belief that's already been debunked. Balco, Lance Armstrong and US Postal Discovery team, Charlie Francis all were doping their client/athletes. That's systematic...just because it's not a Commie country doesn't mean it's not systematic.
        That seems highly disingenuous. The Eastern Bloc, especially East Germany, had nationwide government-run programs of identification and drugging (huge dosages) that turned their females into champions.
        Certainly, there were drug-cheats in the West, but nothing compared to an entire nation of athletes being TOLD to use drugs by their government.

Comment

we're getting way off-topic here

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            That seems highly disingenuous. The Eastern Bloc, especially East Germany, had nationwide government-run programs of identification and drugging (huge dosages) that turned their females into champions.
            Certainly, there were drug-cheats in the West, but nothing compared to an entire nation of athletes being TOLD to use drugs by their government.
            What difference does it make whether it's government sponsored or corporate sponsored? It's doping either way on a large scale. And remember, not all Russian athletes were banned.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              we're getting way off-topic here
              I disagree. It's about exploring the workings of an organization that is being sued by a former athlete for improper and unethical practices. So I see you unapproved my post but let others stay. What are you afraid of?

Comment

disagree all you like; I still. hold 51% of the vote

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  disagree all you like; I still. hold 51% of the vote
                  Then why don't just delete the whole thread instead of my post. Just because I'm going against the pseudo hero Salazar? Tough when an old time hero is exposed for what he really is.

Comment

Wow....you are definitely treading into deep waters where those who have ventured before almost never return. Lots of luck....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtkL5_f6-4
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-20-2021, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Although it makes a passing reference to the Salazar's issues with the anti-doping authorities, the Cain lawsuit has nothing to do with doping, and is centered on abusive treatment.

While I can't speak for gh, I think that is why comparing Nike to Balco and Eastern-Bloc doping strays far off-topic for this thread. Yes, the doping allegations against Salazar and Nike stink, but this chapter (the Cain lawsuit) is not about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        Wow....you are definitely treading into deep waters where those who have ventured before almost never return. Lots of luck....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtkL5_f6-4
                        Of course. Stay away from the real issue and just follow the crowd which is primarily composed of older posters. They have thousands of posts while I have around 100 and it's obvious they discount that and just propagate things that were relevant 40 and 50 years ago. Look at today and wonder why T&F has a minimal following when no one wants to believe what is going on now. That attitude of denial and deflection will keep the sport where it is.

Jim Ryun who won a silver medal and pretty much underperformed after 1968 is considered more of a big deal than Michael Johnson who dominated his event for over a decade. Not to mention Prefontaine, Shorter and Rodgers did more for distance running than Ryun ever did.
                        Last edited by JMysterio; 10-21-2021, 05:33 AM.

Comment

As Wamego says, this thread is about Cain's lawsuit. It has nothing to do with the Salazar drug issues which have been discussed ad nauseum on other threads.

You suggest most of here are old timers who don't want to beat up on an old tine hero.

As you acknowledged, you have only made just over 100 posts in the 26 months you have been on the board.

Perhaps you should do some research of old threads.

You will then discover plenty about Salazar, Nike and drugs. And you will also find that Salazar has precious few, if any support from the old codgers on this board

Comment

Of course. Stay away from the real issue and just follow the crowd which is primarily composed of older posters. They have thousands of posts while I have around 100 and it's obvious they discount that and just propagate things that were relevant 40 and 50 years ago. Look at today and wonder why T&F has a minimal following when no one wants to believe what is going on now. That attitude of denial and deflection will keep the sport where it is.

Jim Ryun who won a silver medal and pretty much underperformed after 1968 is considered more of a big deal than Michael Johnson who dominated his event for over a decade. Not to mention Prefontaine, Shorter and Rodgers did more for distance running than Ryun ever did.
                            Don't take such offense over this. You are always able to disagree with others, and most of us here have at least one topic we are not somewhat opposing with others. Likewise, you are encouraged to start a new thread on most any subject you like.

And no one on this site started with a post higher than one. Some of us even started over, after forgetting our old passwords........

The one thing that makes this board as entertaining as it is comes from the various insights brought by the posters. Glad to have you as part of the group.

Comment

Then why don't just delete the whole thread instead of my post. Just because I'm going against the pseudo hero Salazar? Tough when an old time hero is exposed for what he really is.
                              the disappearance of your post was the system once again acting with a mind of its own; unfortunately, any time somebody makes a long post then goes back and edits it the system is likely to disapprove. Has nothing to do with content or who posted it.

Having said that, while I've reactivated the post so it's visible, I did cut off the end, which made unacceptable drug accusations.

Feel free to trash Salazar to your heart's content relevant to what caused the lawsuit, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. Disapprobation in that regard is much called for.

Comment

What did Lincoln do except get shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X