X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

I'm no lawyer (and neither am I predisposed to wade through the whole thing), but the "actual document" unless I'm mistaken is the plaintiff's charges in a lawsuit which could be far different than actual facts
    Letsrun had a go at it 7 years ago....the guy is basically a crackpot...tried to sue Nike for stealing his designs....he couldn't even get a lawyer.

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_r...5674780&page=2

And someone writes saying Salazar admits using PEDs and uses this nonsense as his source....

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Malmo left AW in 1978....the same time Virgin did.

Funny no mention of Harry Johnson the first AW coach....

When AW shut down Nike sent out an announcement with a brief history of AW .....and Johnson was completely left out of the story.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

I'm no lawyer (and neither am I predisposed to wade through the whole thing), but the "actual document" unless I'm mistaken is the plaintiff's charges in a lawsuit which could be far different than actual facts
    I was thinking that too. Probably why I had never seen this mentioned before....

Reading the original article posted the writer wrote Salazar had actually admitted taking illegal drugs....Really I thought, I had never heard of that and that is pretty damning.

It does have a ring of truth to it, not that it means anything...I remember most of the incidents from then....Drenth dying of a heart attack, the sudden shutdown of AW..

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    I remember that....but not seen an actual document before.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    If the surprise is Malmo's mention of Winstrol, he's mentioned it on numerous boards going back to the T&F listserv IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    An opposing point of view...

https://kevinbeck.substack.com/p/com...salazar-abused

Some will undoubtedly dismiss his points out of hand, but he definitely broaches some uncomfortable truths about elite athletes in general, and Cain in particular
    Interesting article....I agree with comments on the NYT writers they are pretty awful and know little.

The big surprise was the claim of doping by AW ....and the link that supports it...start on page 42.

http://sginews.com/info/lyden_complaint.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post

Some will undoubtedly dismiss his points out of hand, but he definitely broaches some uncomfortable truths about elite athletes in general, and Cain in particular
    So, do other gold medal producing training camps look meaningfully different fro the NOC? I’m sure NOC was better funded than most, but none of them are summer camps.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Steele View Post

Slightly off topic, but that's difficult to quantify. I started running because I read The Jim Ryun Story before Pre came along. I basically owned my library's copy I renewed it so many times. His story of gangly misfit to world-class in high school through hard work and dedication was just what many kids like me needed. No, he probably didn't inspire a bunch of four hour marathon runners, but that's a different story.
    Same here. I went out for the track team because of Jim Ryun.

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by JMysterio View Post

Jim Ryun who won a silver medal and pretty much underperformed after 1968 is considered more of a big deal than Michael Johnson who dominated his event for over a decade. Not to mention Prefontaine, Shorter and Rodgers did more for distance running than Ryun ever did.
    Slightly off topic, but that's difficult to quantify. I started running because I read The Jim Ryun Story before Pre came along. I basically owned my library's copy I renewed it so many times. His story of gangly misfit to world-class in high school through hard work and dedication was just what many kids like me needed. No, he probably didn't inspire a bunch of four hour marathon runners, but that's a different story.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

What difference does it make whether it's government sponsored or corporate sponsored? It's doping either way on a large scale. And remember, not all Russian athletes were banned.
    There is no difference between corporate and government sponsorship? SMH!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Jim Ryun who won a silver medal and pretty much underperformed after 1968 is considered more of a big deal than Michael Johnson who dominated his event for over a decade. Not to mention Prefontaine, Shorter and Rodgers did more for distance running than Ryun ever did.
    What did Lincoln do except get shot?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Then why don't just delete the whole thread instead of my post. Just because I'm going against the pseudo hero Salazar? Tough when an old time hero is exposed for what he really is.
    the disappearance of your post was the system once again acting with a mind of its own; unfortunately, any time somebody makes a long post then goes back and edits it the system is likely to disapprove. Has nothing to do with content or who posted it.

Having said that, while I've reactivated the post so it's visible, I did cut off the end, which made unacceptable drug accusations.

Feel free to trash Salazar to your heart's content relevant to what caused the lawsuit, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. Disapprobation in that regard is much called for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X