Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    About 15 years ago, my doc suggested that I take TWO baby aspirins daily, which I did until about 6 months ago, when I stopped taking them entirely. Never had any stomach problems or other side-effects. I don't expect to resume taking any aspiring unless one of my docs suggests that I should. I don't expect that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I had a doctor recommend daily baby aspirin and his successor say "never mind". I never had side effects from aspirin, or any medicine for that matter, and apparently never had an injury or illness to test its effectiveness in regulating the viscosity of blood.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Both. Wonder drug, not good for stomach. Your mileage may vary . . .
    I have taken it for over 10 years now and never had a stomach issue.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

My doctor also told me not to take aspirins. Not even for a headache. He said that it is a wonderful drug, but it is bad on your stomach. So who are we to believe?
    Both. Wonder drug, not good for stomach. Your mileage may vary . . .

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    My doc suggested that I stop the baby aspirin routine around five years ago, saying that in my case the potential harm (GI issues are a standard bad hammy complaint) wasn't worth any potential benefit.
    My doctor also told me not to take aspirins. Not even for a headache. He said that it is a wonderful drug, but it is bad on your stomach. So who are we to believe?

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    They did say that older people who have been taking it for some time did not need to stop. I see my Cardiologist soon, let's see what he advises. It never affects my stomach, while my wife can't take it without problems.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    My doc suggested that I stop the baby aspirin routine around five years ago, saying that in my case the potential harm (GI issues are a standard bad hammy complaint) wasn't worth any potential benefit.
    My Navy doctor said I should take BA when I turned 55. Then at 60 he said stop, Last year my cardiologist prescribed blood-thinners, which I balked at and he insisted, so I fired him and went to his partner (awkward!), and after an earnest discussion he agreed that right now BA was indeed the best course. I expect my medical degree in the mail any day!

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Been taking one every night for years and that's unlikely to stop.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    My parents took one everyday. So this was interesting to read.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic daily aspirin dosing

daily aspirin dosing

the demographics of these forums is such that i expect a significant number of us have, on doctor's advice, been taking daily doses of baby aspirin as a prophylactic measure. Maybe the thinking on that has changed....

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heart...-says-rcna2869

Working...
X