Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Maybe jc203 thinks it would have been more than "useless" if that ship orbited the Earth at least once. A quick up-and-down trip don't cut it for some of us who watched the shuttles go up in the early-1980s, and for those who watched the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions on television.
    A quick up-and-down doesn't cut it for spectators on the ground, but it's great for those who go up there and actually experience it. Looking outside and seeing the earth from that perspective is a mind-blowing experience like no other. There is even a name for it: the Overview effect.

Comment

I watched it live from 3:00am here in kiwi land. The best (most impressive) part for me was the booster rocket returning to the landing pad.

Also Bezos should have sent Nichelle Nichols up with Shatner. Capt Kirk and Lt Uhura would have been way cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        I watched it live from 3:00am here in kiwi land. The best (most impressive) part for me was the booster rocket returning to the landing pad.

Also Bezos should have sent Nichelle Nichols up with Shatner. Capt Kirk and Lt Uhura would have been way cool.
        Ah, my retro dream-girl. I wonder if she'd be interested in a space trip?
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Apropos to nothing....my dad really disliked William Shatner for some odd reason. He(We) never watched Star Trek and no one in the family was interested in Star Trek. However my father always had a negative reaction to Shatner's name, picture, etc. He probably would have rooted for a small failure.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Apropos to nothing....my dad really disliked William Shatner for some odd reason.
            There's nothing particularly likeable about the actor, but his character was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Probably trying to avoid Klingons . . .

Oh hush up you Romulan!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                There's nothing particularly likeable about the actor, but his character was awesome.
                The funny thing, as I mentioned, is that he never watched the show. I have no idea where it came from.

Comment

I think of Shatner more as TJ Hooker.

Star Trek? Pfffft, never really watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

Oh hush up you Romulan!!!!
                    You should be banned from this thread because you tried to kill James Tiberius.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                      I think of Shatner more as TJ Hooker.

Even though I did watch TJ Hooker and didn't watch Star Trek, I still consider Shatner as Captain Kirk more than Sgt. Hooker. Maybe it was the distraction of Heather Locklear. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                        That was on when I was 15-18, the peak of my sci-fi fandom, so I never really had a chance to NOT be engrossed by it, as hokey as it was, and it was!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

... Maybe it was the distraction of Heather Locklear. I don't know.
                          she was no Yeoman Rand!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

she was no Yeoman Rand!
                            To show you my lack of knowledge of the show, I had to look this one up. I don't recall seeing the character before.

Comment

I barely remember TJ Hooker and was never a Trekie. I only associate Shatner with Kaley Cuoco commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

she was no Yeoman Rand!
                                On the first season.

Comment

Working...
                                X